FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Vs j iad-jnb $2,364 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2141508-vs-j-iad-jnb-2-364-a.html)

nickohrn Nov 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Vs j iad-jnb $2,364

This includes a long layover in London on the way but it seems like a pretty good deal. This is bookable direct on the Virgin Atlantic website. IAD-LHR-JNB and IAD-JFK-LHR-JNB are both available, depending on if you want to fly on the A351 from JFK or not.

Google Flights

metalblaze Nov 16, 2023 1:52 pm

sounds like a great deal!

coleslaw Nov 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn (Post 35750516)
This includes a long layover in London on the way but it seems like a pretty good deal. This is bookable direct on the Virgin Atlantic website. IAD-LHR-JNB and IAD-JFK-LHR-JNB are both available, depending on if you want to fly on the A351 from JFK or not.

Google Flights

Theres also an AmEx offer for VS on US cards.

cfischer Nov 16, 2023 7:07 pm

that didn't last long ...

krypttohk Nov 16, 2023 7:17 pm

Seems to be up to $2600 for some dates, not sure if that's the normal price? Still considering, especially with the $300 amex offer

honzeek_cz Nov 16, 2023 7:31 pm

No free stopovers right?
i dont have my usual tools to explore fare rules right now.
thanks

lawyer75 Nov 17, 2023 8:28 am

I booked it! Thank you.

Ian Z Nov 17, 2023 2:09 pm

Still a date left if someone wants it...Google Flights Link

cheltzel Nov 18, 2023 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Ian Z (Post 35753235)
Still a date left if someone wants it...Google Flights Link

There are several dates left. The search that worked the best for me was using ITA Matrix calendar search. I used a basic business class calendar search for 2 passengers in business from IAD to JNB with dates from 10 to 17 night trips. The ITA routing codes on both the outbound and return legs were VS+. It showed both one stop (via LHR) trips as well as the two stop trips (via JFK-LHR, MSP-LHR, etc).

I am seeing $4737.40 for 2 passengers on several departures starting in July 2024 and continuing through September 2024. The greatest availability seems to be the very end of August 2024 and continuing through the beginning of September 2024. I was able to put the dates I saw in ITA into the VS booking engine and it returned the same fights and fares.

I didn't purchase but took the booking all the way through to the payment page on the VS booking site.

My wife and I are avid safari travelers and the late August/early September dates are actually premium travel days for going the the Kruger Park area.

Expand the spoiler below for a sample.