Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CGK-USA for $2,600 in J (NH/UA) up to 5,200 PQP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Edit: Title should say CGK, not DPS

The fare is CGK-EWR with many dates available through to the end of the schedule. Here's an example on google flights https://www.google.com/travel/flight...zWGPks58PUVnG9

Although you can start the search on google flights, the ANA website will show more dates even some that don't appear on google flights. Some creative searching on the ANA website will allow you to ticket this as a multi city with both TPAC legs on NH and to/from most airports in the US (as long as there is a > 24 hour stop at EWR at some point in the journey). It is also possible to build in a stop in Tokyo.

The flight I booked was approx $2,700 and earns 5,250 PQP on UA. RDM in the United app shows as 51,147 but I'm not sure if this is correct as the PQP calculator is showing closer to 28,000 excluding the short-haul UA segments.

Note - the final NRT-CGK segment is in Y. I wasn't able to find a way to get this segment into J.

Last edited by david_oz; Jun 26, 2023 at 10:47 am
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Nice, thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Not that it's terribly far apart - but why is the title DPS - USA; I am not getting that fare when I start in Denpasar - am I missing something?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying_geek
Not that it's terribly far apart - but why is the title DPS - USA; I am not getting that fare when I start in Denpasar - am I missing something?
sorry. my mistake. the title should have said CGK
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
This fare has been around since 2022. I booked several of these on NH for $2,600 to $2,900. Routing through JFK or ORD (at the time) lets you sit in NH J (The Room), which is vastly better than UA Polaris. Other options let you stopover in TYO.

Originally Posted by david_oz
The flight I booked was approx $2,700 and earns 5,250 PQP on UA. RDM in the United app shows as 51,147 but I'm not sure if this is correct as the PQP calculator is showing closer to 28,000 excluding the short-haul UA segments.

Note - the final NRT-CGK segment is in Y. I wasn't able to find a way to get this segment into J.
That PQP doesn't look right. If you booked on UA (016-ticket), it will be based on fare, which would be around 2,400 PQP or so after taxes.

If you booked on NH, then you would get around 5,172 PQP (1,086 CGK-NRT and 1,500 NRT-JFK one-way). You can probably squeeze a bit more if you route through ORD or LAX or SFO. Also flying anything on UA metal will result in lower PQP.

And lastly, same disclaimer about Indonesia visa on arrival for quick turnarounds. No airside transfer as far as I'm aware of, based on my experience in Feb 2023 and other reports on the Indonesia travel thread.
RK23, SkyLich and thaitraveller like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Was a lot better when you could buy in VN and pay $500 - LOL
[PREM FARE GONE] Cx j: Dps-ams $402 - business; CGK-TYO-USA $400 on NH
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hirohito888
This fare has been around since 2022. I booked several of these on NH for $2,600 to $2,900. Routing through JFK or ORD (at the time) lets you sit in NH J (The Room), which is vastly better than UA Polaris. Other options let you stopover in TYO.

That PQP doesn't look right. If you booked on UA (016-ticket), it will be based on fare, which would be around 2,400 PQP or so after taxes.

If you booked on NH, then you would get around 5,172 PQP (1,086 CGK-NRT and 1,500 NRT-JFK one-way). You can probably squeeze a bit more if you route through ORD or LAX or SFO. Also flying anything on UA metal will result in lower PQP.
Correct. I'm booked on NH stock. I'm not sure how much the UA segments will be exactly, but my four NH segments (CGK-NRT-SFO / ORD-NRT-CGK) should net 4,836 PQP, so a total of ~400 from the remaining three UA segments (SFO-IAH / IAH-EWR-ORD) probably isn't too far out of line.
hirohito888 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by david_oz
Correct. I'm booked on NH stock. I'm not sure how much the UA segments will be exactly, but my four NH segments (CGK-NRT-SFO / ORD-NRT-CGK) should net 4,836 PQP, so a total of ~400 from the remaining three UA segments (SFO-IAH / IAH-EWR-ORD) probably isn't too far out of line.
united.com usually shows these correctly. Any UA operated segment will earn based on dollar spent; NH will earn on distance.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:16 pm

If you are trying to make this a mileage run you'd be better off flying to Florida - like MIA or FLL than EWR. It's a couple thousand miles further.

That was discussed a little here - UA/NH - CGK-MIA - $2742 / 40366400 IDR r/t - Business
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
united.com usually shows these correctly. Any UA operated segment will earn based on dollar spent; NH will earn on distance.
That's not always the case with non-016 stock. I had a similar itinerary (NYC-CGK) booked on 205 stock last year, and the UA EWR-LAX segment in P earned at 100% of distance.
Quail likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: UA
I only ever see Y ( which looks like PE) on the cgk segments. Is there a trick to getting the first segment in C?
Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zvzzt
That's not always the case with non-016 stock. I had a similar itinerary (NYC-CGK) booked on 205 stock last year, and the UA EWR-LAX segment in P earned at 100% of distance.
that will only be the case on a bulk ticket; regular tickets earn based on fare paid.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by cfischer
that will only be the case on a bulk ticket; regular tickets earn based on fare paid.
Yes that's how it is supposed to work, but I've been hearing of counterexamples. Still not confident about the details.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 3:55 pm

I have seen CGK-JFK on QR at around $3k. The US-DOH segments should be in QSuites.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by hirohito888

And lastly, same disclaimer about Indonesia visa on arrival for quick turnarounds. No airside transfer as far as I'm aware of, based on my experience in Feb 2023 and other reports on the Indonesia travel thread.
correct airside transfer back to INTL even at CGK is not feasible. Good news is VOA is pretty easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.