Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/NH - CGK-MIA - $2742 / 40366400 IDR r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:19 am
Original Poster

No jumbo sale here, but on a few dates in May, June, and July you can fly a combination of United and ANA from Jakarta, Indonesia (CGK) to Miami, Florida (MIA) for $2742 roundtrip in business instead of the usual ~$4.7k. The tickets are booked with United and any flights operated by ANA are United codeshare flights.

If you wanted to mileage run this you can find a few dates that allow a return flight the next day after arriving at MIA.

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...TrtA9qw5qprf76
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...zbHxBE7RVtThdA
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...MD8SHpBo4Fqqx9

Mileage Run
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...oBCM65pZxKKBH7

Singapore Airlines - 20469 miles
Aegean - 26261 miles

Fare Rules

Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.

Category 7: Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 6
MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT IDR 1426000.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
AND - 1 STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE OUTBOUND FARE COMPONENT
1 IN YVR/YTO OUTBOUND
1 IN YYC/YMQ OUTBOUND.

Category 15: Sales restrictions

EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY IS NOT PERMITTED.
TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN ANGOLA/SOUTH SUDAN/NIGERIA/
VENEZUELA/SUDAN/IRAN,ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF/BELARUS/EGYPT.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.

ITA Itinerary

Google Itinerary

Mileage Run
Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Flagging for @Herman_Yip who must be scrambling for replacement flights for himself, friends and family after his earlier tickets were cancelled. If at first you don’t succeed: Try, try again!
plas, cruser1, denkigroove and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
This is like the frequently available CGK-NYC or WAS fare.

However, I am now unable to find it fully on NH metal (at least to NYC or WAS). So, unless you are able to get a bulk UA fare, the PQP earnings on UA will be half of what you could get on NH metal and NH ticketed. To me, that's a bummer.

You can also book it on ANA web booking, it will find more availability. However, it often adds CGK-TYO segments in Y. Since they often fly 787s with PE cabin, you can then select the PE seats for no added cost.

Last edited by vip66; Apr 30, 2023 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*G, UA*S, Marriott Ti, HH G, Hertz PC
Tips: CGK-EWR PLNCOA2O
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:05 pm

I have zero confidence in NH ex-CGK now.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HarbourGent
I have zero confidence in NH ex-CGK now.
These are marketed and ticketed by United.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

The odd thing about flights from CGK to MIA with oneworld - Most itineraries operated by American and Qatar are $4755+ roundtrip, unless you depart Miami the day after you arrive, then you can get an ticket for $3150. Not sure why they discount tickets with basically an instant turnaround.

Google Flights -
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/byw9NxWvjZpacJ6z6
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/MDHtFBfJu7AWoBmB9

EDIT - If somebody does want oneworld miles, you can book a roundtrip departing CGK on Oct 23, 25, 27 for just under $3.6k for a trip longer than 1 day, but it's still quite expensive!

Last edited by cruser1; Apr 30, 2023 at 10:40 pm
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vip66
This is like the frequently available CGK-NYC or WAS fare.

However, I am now unable to find it fully on NH metal (at least to NYC or WAS). So, unless you are able to get a bulk UA fare, the PQP earnings on UA will be half of what you could get on NH metal and NH ticketed. To me, that's a bummer.

You can also book it on ANA web booking, it will find more availability. However, it often adds CGK-TYO segments in Y. Since they often fly 787s with PE cabin, you can then select the PE seats for no added cost.
If anybody is planning on crediting this flight to Singapore Airlines for mileage, try your best to have as few flights as possible operated by ANA on your itinerary since ANA business class P fares only earn 70% mileage and United P, Z fares earn 100% mileage.

if you credit this to Aegean, do your best to get as much of the itinerary operated by ANA as possible since ANA P fares earn 150% mileage while United J, C, D, Z, P fares all earn 100% mileage.

If you credit to Miles & More, it doesn't matter. You'll earn 100% mileage either way.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruser1
The odd thing about flights from CGK to MIA with oneworld - Most itineraries operated by American and Qatar are $4755+ roundtrip, unless you depart Miami the day after you arrive, then you can get an ticket for $3150. Not sure why they discount tickets with basically an instant turnaround.

Google Flights - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...9NxWvjZpacJ6z6

img

img
img
Usually this indicates the lower fare is actually filed for one of the connection points, so the 'instant turnaround' means your selected destination is actually a connection point or stopover, and the selected connection point is actually the destination for faring purposes.

In this case, looks like AA has fares for CGK-PHL (round trip combined) priced at about $3k.

edit: looking closer at your screenshots, there's also CGK-NYC for similar price.
Old May 1, 2023, 9:17 pm

I am not following you... I have flown this a few times now... CGK - DOH - XXX - MIA/FLL/PBI
(XXX - multiple USA cities as entry point; JFK & ORD already, DFW & PHL coming up) Qatar to AA, then AA to Qatar. One had a change of more than a few hours and I was able to change to DOH-MIA non stop!

All of mine have been landing in SoFla but not departing back out for at least a month later - one is 4 months later.

MIA is the hardest one to find. Lots of FLL.

Price between $29xx and $31xx.
Old May 1, 2023, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global321
I am not following you... I have flown this a few times now... CGK - DOH - XXX - MIA/FLL/PBI
(XXX - multiple USA cities as entry point; JFK & ORD already, DFW & PHL coming up) Qatar to AA, then AA to Qatar. One had a change of more than a few hours and I was able to change to DOH-MIA non stop!

All of mine have been landing in SoFla but not departing back out for at least a month later - one is 4 months later.

MIA is the hardest one to find. Lots of FLL.

Price between $29xx and $31xx.
Sorry, I had edited my post and kind of messed everything up.

Using the figure below, you can see that a 0 day trip the price is absolutely ridiculous, then like a 1-2 day trip is $2800-$3200, then to the left of that the price jumps to over 4k for longer trips.

Old May 1, 2023, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

If you are going to use this to try to mileage run with Qatar Airways, try to find a city that's further from one of Qatar's destinations. For example, Greensboro - In October you can book a roundtrip in business through American for just under $2800.

Cost - $2790 USD
Total Miles Flown - 23412
Cents per Mile - 11.92 cents

Crediting to Alaska
Elite Qualifying Miles - 35129 miles
Redeemable - 35129 miles
Cents per EQM - 7.94 cents (pretty good for business class!)

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...1a9i3bBqq4Ph19
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...63xHHrhWFBzmM9

Spoiler

Old May 2, 2023, 7:02 am

Sorry, I had edited my post and kind of messed everything up.

Using the figure below, you can see that a 0 day trip the price is absolutely ridiculous, then like a 1-2 day trip is $2800-$3200, then to the left of that the price jumps to over 4k for longer trips.
If you are interested, try CGK-FLL. I see a ton of dates. Random example...

Random dates
cruser1 and pretzlaff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.