Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SOC-JED - Garuda/Saudia - $496

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Globalist, BA Silver, United Silver, KrisFlyer Gold

SOC-CGK-JED One Way $496 - Roundtrip as low as $853. Can be booked directly with Saudia. Wide Open availability for the entire calendar.

First Leg: SOC-CGK is Garuda Indonesia Economy. (1 HR 15 mins)
Second Leg: CGK-JED is Saudia Business Class (9 HR 55 mins)

Surakarta to Jeddah | Google Flights
Old May 19, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
For little more also from SUB, KNO, UPG etc in this case first Garuda leg will be in C class
Old May 19, 2023, 7:26 pm

Great find! I just booked one in aug from SUB issued and e-ticketed, you can book through OTA for just €498,-
baldguy likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:07 am

I got a message during the booking process about "Baggage Embargo" for this trip, i.e. zero checked bags allowed. Any ideas if they meant it or it was just a glitch?
Old May 20, 2023, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I got a message during the booking process about "Baggage Embargo" for this trip, i.e. zero checked bags allowed. Any ideas if they meant it or it was just a glitch?
Where you are attempting to make the booking? I booked through Supersaver, and the booking confirmation clearly stated that I have 2 checked-in luggage pieces weighing 23kg each, along with 1 hand luggage weighing 12kg. The flight shows as confirmed on both the SV and GA websites.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
Where you are attempting to make the booking? I booked through Supersaver, and the booking confirmation clearly stated that I have 2 checked-in luggage pieces weighing 23kg each, along with 1 hand luggage weighing 12kg. The flight shows as confirmed on both the SV and GA websites.
Thanks, I hope it was a glitch. I was booking on Delta.
Old May 20, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by heliot2009
For little more also from SUB, KNO, UPG etc in this case first Garuda leg will be in C class
From SUB can even be both legs on Garuda with SV marketed flights
Old May 20, 2023, 9:30 am

You can actually find roundtrip as low as $804.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...RdGVTprvqdbJfA
https://www.momondo.com/flight-searc...s?sort=price_a

sushimaru likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 10:26 am

It appears that all other cities such as SUB, KNO, and UPG have no availability anymore for this fare, except for SOC. anyone else can still find one?
Old May 20, 2023, 3:55 pm

Fare seems completely disappeared now incl SOC, short but fun! thanks for sharing baldguy
jayden0116, atflyer and baldguy like this.
Old May 21, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Of course positioning to JED can be tricky.....if I fly with separate tickets I usually take for certainty a night in between, but in this case this implies getting a visa for Saudi Arabia which is not cheap. Still, with the low cost J of course you can spent a bit.
Old May 22, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by atflyer
Of course positioning to JED can be tricky.....if I fly with separate tickets I usually take for certainty a night in between, but in this case this implies getting a visa for Saudi Arabia which is not cheap. Still, with the low cost J of course you can spent a bit.
visas are now free
MaxVO likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
visas are now free

That's a tough one.

No visa requirement at all for GCC folk.
If you need a visa and are eligible for an evisa, these are still relatively expensive.
Visa on arrival is possible, again if you have the right passport: but you pay.

A promotion is running which allows 96-hour stopovers between connecting Saudia flights, including hotel accommodation and the visa provided free. But good luck getting it!
Old May 22, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That's a tough one.

No visa requirement at all for GCC folk.
If you need a visa and are eligible for an evisa, these are still relatively expensive.
Visa on arrival is possible, again if you have the right passport: but you pay.

A promotion is running which allows 96-hour stopovers between connecting Saudia flights, including hotel accommodation and the visa provided free. But good luck getting it!
Visa can be free if you make a stop on a single SV ticket VIA Jeddah booked on the SV website. Then they even throw in 1 free hotel night. We talk here about a ticket that needs positioning in/flying out of Jeddah, hence on a separate ticket. Then visa are not free. If I am right you can stay maximum 12 hours airside without visa, and booking a flight so close to arrival is always a bit risky SV has usually one daily flight from Asian cities to JED, and if that fails for some reason you are in trouble).
delpiero223 likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by atflyer
Visa can be free if you make a stop on a single SV ticket VIA Jeddah booked on the SV website. Then they even throw in 1 free hotel night. We talk here about a ticket that needs positioning in/flying out of Jeddah, hence on a separate ticket. Then visa are not free. If I am right you can stay maximum 12 hours airside without visa, and booking a flight so close to arrival is always a bit risky SV has usually one daily flight from Asian cities to JED, and if that fails for some reason you are in trouble).
If you book a connection longer than 12 hours, Saudia will let you know about the 12-hour limit. But where you get pushed over that limit by delays, then no-one is bothered: if they do get bothered, it's SV's problem, not yours.

As for the free-hotel, free visa stopover package (sorted of cribbed from Qatar and others) .... as i said, good luck booking it! Giving credit where credit is due, it looks like an attractive initiative: but the good intentions of Saudia's marketing team aren't always well implemented by their IT colleagues, nor do they translate well on the ground. Also note that booking stopovers of over 24H generally boost ticket prices by a couple of hundred dollars.
atflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.