Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR OSL-BKK-AMS €1550 / OSL-BKK/DPS-AMS €1800 in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR OSL-BKK-AMS €1550 / OSL-BKK/DPS-AMS €1800 in J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
It's pretty damn good !
Not really for non-refundable fare...
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kaspars
Not really for non-refundable fare...
For these times, it's pretty damn good. When you buy cheap you don't expect flexibility
Fliar and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
The days of sub £1000 to the likes of Bangkok, Australia & NZ on Qatar are gone for now unless there's someone with fat fingers putting in the pricing.

I'm trying to have a go at November - Jan/Feb, Europe to Bangkok (or nearby) & back.

Seeing possibilities on RJ as per the other BKK thread for 1250ish - 1500ish. Would prefer Qatar for a number of reasons. Now if I could get a near 24hr stopover (or more without price readjustment) in Jordan in each direction included in the 1500 that would sway me, but would prefer Qatar if money is equal.

Will explore further. Please keep us updates of any interesting finds :-)
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 17, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Indeed. I remember QR flights to HKT for sub £800….

For an easy life and wary of covid restrictions last August I flew LHR-DOH-HKT for £2800. Not an outstanding fare, but far better than now when everything starts with a £4*** from LHR
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
The days of sub £1000 to the likes of Bangkok, Australia & NZ on Qatar are gone for now unless there's someone with fat fingers putting in the pricing.

I'm trying to have a go at November - Jan/Feb, Europe to Bangkok (or nearby) & back.

Seeing possibilities on RJ as per the other BKK thread for 1250ish - 1500ish. Would prefer Qatar for a number of reasons. Now if I could get a near 24hr stopover (or more without price readjustment) in Jordan in each direction included in the 1500 that would sway me, but would prefer Qatar if money is equal.

Will explore further. Please keep us updates of any interesting finds :-)
Funnily enough I'm looking at the same thing for April, I'm not bothered about miles or TP's just comfort, I like BR from VIE to BKK in J and back BKK to LHR is currently £1400 which for a direct flight in both directions is quite appealing especially as the BKK to London is a day flight, the QR from OSL doesn't really tick the boxes as I'm travelling with my family and can't have kids sat alone as you would in the configuration on the DOH - BKK flights.

The SQ BKK - LHR J OW fare is good at just over £1200 but getting out is a bit of a pig on anything decent, don't fancy RJ at all, would rather go BR or TG in Y from LHR
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by CO58
Funnily enough I'm looking at the same thing for April, I'm not bothered about miles or TP's just comfort, I like BR from VIE to BKK in J and back BKK to LHR is currently £1400 which for a direct flight in both directions is quite appealing especially as the BKK to London is a day flight, the QR from OSL doesn't really tick the boxes as I'm travelling with my family and can't have kids sat alone as you would in the configuration on the DOH - BKK flights.

The SQ BKK - LHR J OW fare is good at just over £1200 but getting out is a bit of a pig on anything decent, don't fancy RJ at all, would rather go BR or TG in Y from LHR

how do I find these fares (new to this). Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO58
don't fancy RJ at all, would rather go BR or TG in Y from LHR
I always find RJ very pleasant. Maybe it's just the fact they are the only airline with a dedicated cheese trolley!
Sisyphus1carus and KingCanute like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by krys_k
how do I find these fares (new to this). Thanks.
I have access to Amadeus so I look myself but if you want the BR fares it's VIE to BKK in D class, back to LHR in V. Check matrix to see when those classes are available and book directly in the BR website.

As for the SQ fare it's just D class which you can get most days as they fly so often, just onto the SQ website and it books in Thai bhat but it's very cheap
Funky Spike likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I always find RJ very pleasant. Maybe it's just the fact they are the only airline with a dedicated cheese trolley!
If I was travelling solo I wouldn't mind but with kids taking the short hop in a non J product, terrible flight times for kids, average lounge in AMM and then the longhaul J again I don't really rate but would agree on the cheese trolley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.