Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Sv/rj tun-bkk j ~1100-1500usd rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sv/rj tun-bkk j ~1100-1500usd rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
no clue where they dug them out - it's an A300-600 in full economy config 3-4-3 seating
As discussed below it is likely a WAMOS wet leased A330 in full Y high density 9 abreast configuration. It may be that SV has no seating charts yet and simply re-activated its A300 seating schedule. The few A300s flying in Iran are the usual 8 abreast.
Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
No business class anymore for Tunis because of the A300-600 configuration only economy - bye bye good deals for a moment unfortunately
Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by qraec777

Not everyday in 2023 that you get to fly an A300
I still have PTSD when i see this plane referenced. Thai airways used to sub a terrible business class configuration of the A330 in on SE Asia routes and I would sometimes go from an angle flat seat (state of the art back then) to a business product that was as bad as most economy products.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
No business class anymore for Tunis because of the A300-600 configuration only economy - bye bye good deals for a moment unfortunately
the A300-downgrade only lasts until September. After that the A330 is back on the route with business class config.
BTW - here is a recent trip report on the A330 from TUN to JED

advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the A300-downgrade only lasts until September. After that the A330 is back on the route with business class config.
BTW - here is a recent trip report on the A330 from TUN to JED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBhSXObTnc
Thanks for the info, so lets fly from Tunis in September,

I flew 6 times since one year with the A330 Tunis «» Jeddah, ITS ONLY A 4h flight and really comfortable seat, they also updated recently the food and it was good as before it wasnt.

Its a great option to fly to Asia as you save money and earn lot of miles and XP, the only issue is always the customs in Tunis when you arrived, its mostly always a chaos as lot of people, they shout to each other, not enough custom people and no organization about the queues, last week I spent 2.30h waiting to be cleared.

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Mar 16, 2023 at 3:29 am
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
last week I spent 2.30h waiting to be cleared.
At which time did you land?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Good I have a full day between my Paris-Tunis and Tunis to Asia flights ;-). But indeed, the time of landing with the 2.5 hour wait is good to know, it can be different at different times I guess.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Marschel
At which time did you land?
I landed the day before as I know it can be complicated to get the transit if I fly the same day from Paris, its good to do it to avoid to miss the flight
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
I landed the day before as I know it can be complicated to get the transit if I fly the same day from Paris, its good to do it to avoid to miss the flight
Doesn‘t answer my question.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Marschel
Doesn‘t answer my question.
The day before departure to Jeddah around 6PM and flight to Jed was at 11.40AM the day after
atflyer and Marschel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.