Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA First: LHR - USA £2250 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

• New York * £2280
  • Boston * £2345
  • Chicago* £2340
  • Atlanta* £2340
  • Tampa £2285
  • Nashville £2250
  • Portland £2250
  • Las Vegas £2550
*nonstop

Many more cities in the US are available for similar prices.

Example Link: Google Flights

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be ad to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site Premium-Flights
cesco.g likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:29 pm

Why is it so much cheaper to fly Europe to US round trip than visa versa?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:36 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traciely
THe Dollar is strong right now making a trip to the US more expensive than ever. Also it's all about $$. People in the US have more $$ typically. Business budgets etc. No different than why r/t tickets from south America are cheaper if you originate in South America.
Traciely, edsh and seanp7 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great find!
Good 9 Jan - 31 Mar 2023;
TU-TH outbound; MO-WE inbound.
Most destinations in the West require connection.
Book quickly & enjoy!

Last edited by cesco.g; Oct 16, 2022 at 3:05 pm Reason: added detail
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Important notes ...

Code:
Category 2: Day/Time restrictions

OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED TUE/WED/THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
INBOUND -
PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions

PERMITTED 09JAN 23 THROUGH 31MAR 23 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC
SECTOR.

Category 15: Sales restrictions

RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 25OCT 22.
Despite the published 25Oct deadline, I'd suggest those who are interested in it book it quickly.

There is an accompanying I- fare series around for about 1700 GBP.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
THe Dollar is strong right now making a trip to the US more expensive than ever. Also it's all about $$. People in the US have more $$ typically. Business budgets etc. No different than why r/t tickets from south America are cheaper if you originate in South America.
This is an interesting rationale. For decades the £ was much stronger than the USD but you never saw BA, AA or UA (when they had international F) offer cheap First Class fares originating from the US-London. Even when the £ was stronger it was still common that J & F fares were cheaper to fly UK/EU-US than to originate in the US.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
SJC is also available even though SFO is not. Very good fare. Wish I could take advantage but I need basically this fare a bit later in the year.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:09 pm

Books into A class so pretty great earning if crediting to AS. Too bad USA-LHR is still $$$.
rt23456p and Quail like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:10 pm

So it’s best to book this within British website, in what currency? Also none of the discounts like chase or aarp work ex uk, right?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dave9lax
So it’s best to book this within British website, in what currency? Also none of the discounts like chase or aarp work ex uk, right?
If you wish to book it via BA.com, you would pay for the ticket in GBP since the website would default the point of sale to the departure point of your itinerary ( in this case London ).
It's also correct that the BA Chase or AARP discounts only work for ex-USA tickets so it wouldn't work for this case.

If you wish to pay in USD, you could use a travel agency based in the USA that could charge this itinerary in the USA or call the BA US line and ask the itinerary to be priced in USD.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Mexico City says hi for £2,442, this rate was also available to MEX back in early September...

Google Flights

These fares credit VERY nicely to Alaska as they are in A class which credit at 250% EQMs and 450% for A class in RDMs so a base member would earn 27705 RDMs and 49869 EQMs so with a few Alaska segments you would get oneworld Ruby status.
rt23456p and olouie like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Europe is a much more competitive market than the US, which is essentially a three-way monopoly owned by AA, UA and DL for intl. traffic.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Mexico City says hi for £2,442, this rate was also available to MEX back in early September...

Google Flights

These fares credit VERY nicely to Alaska as they are in A class which credit at 250% EQMs and 450% for A class in RDMs so a base member would earn 27705 RDMs and 49869 EQMs so with a few Alaska segments you would get oneworld Ruby status.
I think you got the RDM vs EQM flipped around.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:28 pm

if people are looking for BA first, there's a fare from YYZ to Johannesburg for ~$4600 USD

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...62FD171CYY24Q6

Last edited by scaredflyer; Oct 17, 2022 at 4:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The price is set by the market. Americans appearing willing to pay more to travel to Europe than Europeans appear willing to pay to travel to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.