Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

Hi guys - another special for you:
BUD-HNL (or other HAWAII islands) for 1815usd all in.

basic itinerary GOOGLE FLIGHTS
Few things to note:
180 day advance purchase
POSSIBLE to route BUD HEL LHR JFK LAX HNL for a tonne of BA points/miles (1080 TPS and 50+k avios)

Ping me if you need ideas or help booking something spectacular as always
jfkeze, lsquare, jonapet89 and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:24 am

Does this allow any stopover ?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
yes but at like 600euro per stopover i think --> so not really interesting for that
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Can stop in LHR on way back for those that might want to "take the BUD flight in their dreams." $1671

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...hl=en&curr=USD

Just started playing with it. INX1C8S4 for those who want to look at full rules.
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN EUROPE AT EUR 150.00 EACH. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. AND - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN THE UNITED STATES/CANADA/MEXICO AT EUR 600.00 EACH.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I think the cheapest available is HUF 637,800 , cheaper then the example above, excellet fare though, was thinking to using it for months but has not pushed the trigger.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:26 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
13 hour LAX overnight layover outbound and 12 hour LAX layover inbound? Yeah, no this isn't a deal. Domestic AA F and Finnair J - both are awful products.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Looks like flight distance is ~17,826 miles so credit to BA for 150%?

IAP has the same price as Google so no savings there.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:36 am

Hi there, Thanks for posting. I am new to this and trying to understand. Did you just kinda spam Google flights to find these deal? I've been trying and am not nearly as good as you are. Is there some way to lock in on fares under 2k or something?

Also i have never thought of the world this way, but do people take these multi-leg international flights just to build status? So like for example, i do 2 difficult days bouncing around all over the world and i come back Delta Gold tier or something? Is that how it works?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:52 am

Am I calculating this correctly? 1080 TP per trip + 50K Avios = Lifetime Gold status and ~1.6MM Avios after 32.4 trips. Who is in?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
AY marketed overwater in one direction for under $1600 is pretty nice. Glad to see this back (if it even left).
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Josh Williams
Hi there, Thanks for posting. I am new to this and trying to understand. Did you just kinda spam Google flights to find these deal? I've been trying and am not nearly as good as you are. Is there some way to lock in on fares under 2k or something?

Also i have never thought of the world this way, but do people take these multi-leg international flights just to build status? So like for example, i do 2 difficult days bouncing around all over the world and i come back Delta Gold tier or something? Is that how it works?
If you read this forum and the BA TP run thread, soon enough you should become familiar with all the good OW fares that produce lots of TPs for relatively little money.

Executive Club is a particularly easy programme to eran status with, and i believe this fare has a min 6 nights stay.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti

Via dfw to get longhaul equipment to hawaii. Not optimized for TPs. Hel shuffle just for fun.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SFOBayFlyer
Am I calculating this correctly? 1080 TP per trip + 50K Avios = Lifetime Gold status and ~1.6MM Avios after 32.4 trips. Who is in?
Only if they're all B2B
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
AY marketed overwater in one direction for under $1600 is pretty nice. Glad to see this back (if it even left).
It never left actually, at least not since the last post about it early June (title was for the SkyTeam routing but OW turned out to be cheaper on this post). I have been looking for options for 2 months now (i spent hours on that one, learning the schedules of every transatlantic options so that i can maximize transfer times and get the best products available...), still checking if the availability is still here for my dates and preferred routing every morning and trying to motivate the girlfriend to join me on this one. We finally got to learn today that she will have some vacation to take at this period so I may finally book that one for next year. The fact that the flexibility for changes is no longer there and that there is a 6 month minimum advance purchase was not helping for sure... Let's see if i still get to book that one.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K
the 600EUR cost for stopovers in the USA kills this for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.