Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A: YYC-BCN $2214 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75K

Interesting business class offers out from Calgary with Star Alliance (AC, LX, LH, and UA) and SkyTeam (AF+WJ, DL) for US$2200 or CA$2700. Some even bookable directly through Air Canada for any AP members. Most routings involve 2 stops; often one in Canada (YUL,YYZ,YVR) and one in Europe (FRA,ZRH,MUC). Scattered availabilities between June and August. Nothing in September, and a whole lot in October (after a brief search).

There's also a few interesting offers out of Calgary to Rome, Florence, Malta, Algiers for US$25XX; Dublin for US$2011.

Google flights link: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...KzGcYoEVhHveA9
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AC SE
any returns that dont go via eurowings?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
Yah plenty of options via LH.

Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:00 pm

i wish there was to a way to exclude eurowings from google flights. Thanks for the options currently struggling to make dates work in August
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
i wish there was to a way to exclude eurowings from google flights. Thanks for the options currently struggling to make dates work in August
There is, via the airline filter drop down. You have to do it separately for the outbound and return.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

i am not seeing such a toggle and eurowings doesnt show in the list of airlines either.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:18 pm

YYC-FRA is being operated by Finnair on behalf of Eurowings on their A350, which makes Eurowings look more appealing. I can't get any interesting fares out of YQR connecting on Eurowings in business, but PE is pricing out not too badly. Finnair does not have PE seats, so as far as I can tell they are seating PE pax in their business mini cabin--so lie-flats for PE pricing. I wouldn't mind flying Finnair out of YYC just for the novelty, to be honest. Kind of neat!
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arf04
YYC-FRA is being operated by Finnair on behalf of Eurowings on their A350, which makes Eurowings look more appealing. I can't get any interesting fares out of YQR connecting on Eurowings in business, but PE is pricing out not too badly. Finnair does not have PE seats, so as far as I can tell they are seating PE pax in their business mini cabin--so lie-flats for PE pricing. I wouldn't mind flying Finnair out of YYC just for the novelty, to be honest. Kind of neat!
Finnair has introduced Premium Economy, a separate cabin between business & economy. Not likely that those seats in the mini-cabin are lie-flat.

Finnair Premium Economy

James
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Finnair has introduced Premium Economy, a separate cabin between business & economy. Not likely that those seats in the mini-cabin are lie-flat.

Finnair Premium Economy

James
As per the one mile at a time blog they are using aircraft that have not been converted. It would be good, of course, to have that confirmed prior to booking…

Edit to add: having poked around the internet a little more it seems less than clear cut. I would personally not book PE with the expectation of a lie flat. Oh well! I would think nevertheless that a Finnair aircraft is an upgrade over Eurowings.

Last edited by arf04; Jun 7, 2022 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by mb4wong
Interesting business class offers out from Calgary with Star Alliance (AC, LX, LH, and UA) and SkyTeam (AF+WJ, DL) for US$2200 or CA$2700. Some even bookable directly through Air Canada for any AP members. Most routings involve 2 stops; often one in Canada (YUL,YYZ,YVR) and one in Europe (FRA,ZRH,MUC). Scattered availabilities between June and August. Nothing in September, and a whole lot in October (after a brief search).

There's also a few interesting offers out of Calgary to Rome, Florence, Malta, Algiers for US$25XX; Dublin for US$2011.

Google flights link: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...KzGcYoEVhHveA9
I just snagged Calgary to BCN on a combo of AC and LH for $2,166 USD in October. Great Deal...
It tickets in P-class, which should give 100% miles and score a total of 2,476 UA PQP's. Seems like a great deal to me...

Has anyone found something better?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:12 pm

i am not seeing such a toggle and eurowings doesnt show in the list of airlines either.
The filter function is not quite intuitive as you would expect. Try changing your destination to FRA and you would see Eurowings on the list. Check it off, then change the destination back to BCN. It should retain the previous filters you selected.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
Better book these quick--I had a $40 price increase just during the day yesterday. Still a great deal though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.