Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A LAX-MLE OW from $1345 in business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A LAX-MLE OW from $1345 in business

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you OP! Interesting fare. Has anyone been able to find itineraries with 3 seats? I was hoping to go from Chicago but based upon posts checked alternatives: IAH, LAX, MIA. In late March next year on my targeted date, I only seem to find 2 seats via YYZ-Vie. Target outbound March 23. Cheers!
Old May 20, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Edit: mods, please delete this post.

Last edited by dkc192; May 20, 2022 at 10:53 pm
Old May 21, 2022, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by maudline9
Guys, how is Austrian Airline J compared to Lufthansa?
OS J long-haul is great. Better than LH
honzeek_cz, artvandalay and nk15 like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:49 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
I second this. Austrian is among my favorite
Old May 25, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yep. Austrian service is excellent, bedding comfortable, and the food in a league of its own - catered by DO & CO. Plus, Vienna airport is probably among the easiest airports to connect in in Europe.
dadio77 and nk15 like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by maudline9
Guys, how is Austrian Airline J compared to Lufthansa?
Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]
jfkeze likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Good to read the strong reviews for OS - I did a bit of research (including the FT link above) and made my MLE booking having never flown with them before (a planned VIE break was cancelled at the start of Covid).

I did however decide to book Edelweiss back via ZRH so I could sample two different (but similar?!) airlines - reviews are thinner on the ground so hopefully I won't regret it (OS is a night flight, WK is a morning/day flight)
Old May 27, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dadio77
Good to read the strong reviews for OS - I did a bit of research (including the FT link above) and made my MLE booking having never flown with them before (a planned VIE break was cancelled at the start of Covid).

I did however decide to book Edelweiss back via ZRH so I could sample two different (but similar?!) airlines - reviews are thinner on the ground so hopefully I won't regret it (OS is a night flight, WK is a morning/day flight)
WK is not bad either IMHO.
dadio77 likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
"Sad" is the best way to say it
Have you ever flown Austrian J? The hard product is superior to LH J and the soft product blows LH J catering out of the water.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by worldcupfan
Thank you OP! Interesting fare. Has anyone been able to find itineraries with 3 seats? I was hoping to go from Chicago but based upon posts checked alternatives: IAH, LAX, MIA. In late March next year on my targeted date, I only seem to find 2 seats via YYZ-Vie. Target outbound March 23. Cheers!
If you're open to OW options - QR has ORD-MLE--ORD for about $3300 last week of March. I booked 4 pax 25Mar-31Mar for $3278 pp through amextravel.
worldcupfan likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
while the seaplane transfer is an issue if you leave super early, I hate the morning flights because you basically paid for a full day and leave at the crack of dawn. If you leave in the evening, you get to enjoy the resort and room the entire day as they can’t very well kick you out of the room with no where to go.
Last time I was in the Maldives, they very much did kick us out at noon. Had to sit in the bar area to wait for the boat, want to say it was around 2pm, but all-inclusive also ended promptly at noon, there was certainly no 'paid for the whole day' concept, check out was noon and that was it unless you wanted to pay for an entire night. I'd rather an earlyish flight after that experience, I suppose you might be able to push that a bit with elite status, but I've had a lot of resorts deny late check out claiming that resorts are excluded and they need to clean the rooms for arriving guests.
dadio77 likes this.

Last edited by dvs7310; May 30, 2022 at 9:29 am
Old May 30, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
OS is my favorite J airline across the Atlantic and I’ve also taken them MLE-VIE. What sets them apart is the food and onboard service, which I find more personalized than LH. The seat is fine for lounging, not the best for sleeping, but the overall ambience on board the aircraft makes the whole experience really great in my mind.
dadio77 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
OS is my favorite J airline across the Atlantic and I’ve also taken them MLE-VIE. What sets them apart is the food and onboard service, which I find more personalized than LH. The seat is fine for lounging, not the best for sleeping, but the overall ambience on board the aircraft makes the whole experience really great in my mind.
Thanks, it's good to hear a general thumbs up for OS - I've only experienced UK and US upgraded cabins so I'm glad to hear positive reviews! Still really impressed with the price point for these flights which weirdly initially put me off (i.e. if it's too good to be true etc.!)
Old May 30, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by fly747first
Have you ever flown Austrian J? The hard product is superior to LH J and the soft product blows LH J catering out of the water.
Not to mention that discount J (P fares) with LH credits 0 to programs like A3, while OS credits 100%.
honzeek_cz and jfkeze like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
For those looking for a return back from MLE -- AA has some fares back to the US (only checked ORD and SFO) on Q-suites for 70K miles
TPG mentioned also bookable on BA using Avios
tomsam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.