Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: One Way - CGK- JFK Business $1464

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,

SQ: One Way - CGK- JFK Business $1464. Few Dates available in July and Aug 2022.

Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
As amazing a deal as that is – on the literal longest flight in the world b/t SIN-JFK! – it's even better as a roundtrip ticket:

I can't recall ever seeing this route discounted, period, let alone that cheap. Pricing error?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Nice deal, looks like you can fly ANA as well

Is it possible to add a stopover in the US?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kirker
As amazing a deal as that is on the literal longest flight in the world b/t SIN-JFK! it's even better as a roundtrip ticket:

I can't recall ever seeing this route discounted, period, let alone that cheap. Pricing error?
The roundtrip pricing for CGK-JFK has been sub $2500 for a while now... probably market based? Either way, the ANA flights have always struck me as the better value, since they get "The Room" business class product which is miles ahead of what SQ offers, and the PQP if crediting to United are worth it.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
The roundtrip pricing for CGK-JFK has been sub $2500 for a while now... probably market based? Either way, the ANA flights have always struck me as the better value, since they get "The Room" business class product which is miles ahead of what SQ offers, and the PQP if crediting to United are worth it.
Not sure about the market-based part Indonesia just reopened to tourism within the past few weeks and I was in this case assuming pre-pandemic pricing. Certainly could mean the fares won't last for much longer.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
I have looked at ANA but for my dates the stop over was like 18 hours in Tokyo. SQ Business class should also be good ?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
I have looked at ANA but for my dates the stop over was like 18 hours in Tokyo. SQ Business class should also be good ?
It's pretty subjective, but the consensus on here seems to be that SQ has one of the worse J seats, especially on the A350. I tend to agree and avoid SQ if there are somehow better options. Narrow footwell so you have to sleep on an angle, and the seat doesn't recline all that much and must be manually flipped over to create a bed. That said, the timing for SQ can't be beat because like you point out, getting NH with good schedules can be tricky due to the limited CGK-HND options.
jsloan and gogooo like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

It's pretty subjective, but the consensus on here seems to be that SQ has one of the worse J seats, especially on the A350. I tend to agree and avoid SQ if there are somehow better options. Narrow footwell so you have to sleep on an angle, and the seat doesn't recline all that much and must be manually flipped over to create a bed. That said, the timing for SQ can't be beat because like you point out, getting NH with good schedules can be tricky due to the limited CGK-HND options.
Ok thanks. Any help on these topics

1) About the Transit between NRT and HND and Covid Testing is required for Japan still. My travel date is in June 3rd week.
2) And also any airport hotels (or different options) for 18 hours layover.
3) should be booked on ANA or United or Doesn't matter for Mileage plus account
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: OW
How is it with Indonesia's entry requirements? It's really confusing.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:23 pm

Ok thanks. Any help on these 2 topics

1) About the Transit between NRT and HND and Covid Testing is required for Japan still. My travel date is in June 3rd week.
2) And also any airport hotels (or different options) for 18 hours layover.
3) should be booked on ANA or United or Doesn't matter for Mileage plus account
1. Can't do a transit between NRT and HND currently; entry to Japan is still restricted for most
2. You can't stay overnight at NRT (the airport closes) but the dayrooms are apparently open for a daytime nap. You can stay airside at HND, but the hotel is closed.
3. Book via ANA if you want to maximize the PQP you'll receive for crediting to MileagePlus. (5150 PQP should be what you earn plus at least 31k RDM.

Put simply, unless you can get a short same-day connection at the same airport, I wouldn't bother transiting Japan. Tues/Thur/Sun are the only outbound days that have good timings, which is why I usually end up on SQ
jsloan, trooper, Antarius and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dralexus
How is it with Indonesia's entry requirements? It's really confusing.
It's mostly normal now; 43 countries (USA included) can get a visa on arrival at the airports for ~$35. Requirements are:

1. PCR test taken max 48 hours from the first flight on the itinerary
2. Health insurance covering Covid (no one checks this other than potentially your airline)
3. Proof of at least double vaccination

Other than that, no quarantine or anything once you pass immigration.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

1. Can't do a transit between NRT and HND currently; entry to Japan is still restricted for most
2. You can't stay overnight at NRT (the airport closes) but the dayrooms are apparently open for a daytime nap. You can stay airside at HND, but the hotel is closed.
3. Book via ANA if you want to maximize the PQP you'll receive for crediting to MileagePlus. (5150 PQP should be what you earn plus at least 31k RDM.

Put simply, unless you can get a short same-day connection at the same airport, I wouldn't bother transiting Japan. Tues/Thur/Sun are the only outbound days that have good timings, which is why I usually end up on SQ
Ok thanks for update. If we can't do transit then ANA flights out of question for my date in June. Will stick with SQ for now. What is the earning for SQ CGK-SIN-JFK (D class) for mileage plus credit
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:38 pm

Ok thanks for update. If we can't do transit then ANA flights out of question for my date in June. Will stick with SQ for now. What is the earning for SQ CGK-SIN-JFK (D class) for mileage plus credit
Not as good as NH; should be about 3360 PQP and 20k RDM if ticketed on SQ.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: OW
It's mostly normal now; 43 countries (USA included) can get a visa on arrival at the airports for ~$35. Requirements are:

1. PCR test taken max 48 hours from the first flight on the itinerary
2. Health insurance covering Covid (no one checks this other than potentially your airline)
3. Proof of at least double vaccination

Other than that, no quarantine or anything once you pass immigration.
Based on my research, my country in terms of nationality is not on the list, but I would be travelling from the UK. Would they go based on where I am travelling from, or my passport?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dralexus
Based on my research, my country in terms of nationality is not on the list, but I would be travelling from the UK. Would they go based on where I am travelling from, or my passport?
It goes by your passport, unfortunately. If you arent on the list of countries that can get VOA, you can purchase a visa beforehand for around $400, but thats not money well spent unless you plan to stay here for quite some time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.