Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: One Way - CGK- JFK Business $1464

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ: One Way - CGK- JFK Business $1464

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone found this fare to work all on NH without any UA segments (aside from intra-US connections)? It seems to price out only when the overwater is operated by UA which makes it a no-go for me.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
The fare also works in reverse--from NYC to CGK.
AND...my travel agent was able to book it from EWR as well.
Unfortunately, if you do choose to go from JFK, you'll have to change airports from Haneda to Narita--and it's a LOOONG layover. But, YES, you do get the better seating, which is not available on any other USA-TYO route ;(
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by kenergizer
The fare also works in reverse--from NYC to CGK.
AND...my travel agent was able to book it from EWR as well.
Unfortunately, if you do choose to go from JFK, you'll have to change airports from Haneda to Narita--and it's a LOOONG layover. But, YES, you do get the better seating, which is not available on any other USA-TYO route ;(
Can you change airports yet?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tr3k
Can you change airports yet?
No you cannot - foreigners cannot enter Japan without a visa, and visas are not available for discretionary travel. Booking such a connection will result in denied boarding, so it seems odd a "competent" travel agent would do so unless the OP has a valid visa to enter Japan, or would qualify for one.

There is no plan to allow discretionary travel to Japan for the balance of 2022 except for tourists opting to apply for one of the very expensive, extremely restrictive land tours.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Are people still seeing the fare? Which dates? Cheers​​​​
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
If looking for CGK-NYC tickets later in the year, ANA are still selling one-way in business class for US$1500 CGK-HND-JFK, I'm seeing it in Dec/Jan
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Bumping this thread since it now also seems to work in reverse (JFK-CGK) on ANA. Stopovers in Tokyo are an extra maybe 300?

E.g. round-trip is 2500 USD:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...TZiRUE9PRICCAE

With a stopover in Tokyo is 2800 USD:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...K0JFUT09EgIIAQ

Routing via HND gets you lie-flats, CGK-NRT is not a lie flat it seems. You can also fly UA on the US-TYO flight but... do you really want to, when the alternative is The Room?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is transit thru CGK ok nowadays? Seen both JL & QR has around $3000 return to JFK. Will need to fly to CGK first
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is transit thru CGK ok nowadays? Seen both JL & QR has around $3000 return to JFK. Will need to fly to CGK first
Recently transit thru CGK like 2 weeks back and no issue.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Recently transit thru CGK like 2 weeks back and no issue.
How much time would you recommend to connect to a separate CGK-DPS ticket?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
Hi guys ,
FYI, i foreigners cant have an overnight flight but i think until 1:00 only ( since the lounge in HND will be closed by that time ) I arrived Haneda at 5 pm and my connecting flight is at 01:00 am haneda to manila. i had no problem with my transit in Japan
kyushuman likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Min 30 minutes (morning time) to 1 hour (evening time) depending on how many flights landed during that time of day. And if your departing from Terminal 3 departure gates just above floor.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Is this International>Domestic or vice versa, or two domestic segments?
If domestic, at least 2 hours because in my experience so many flights are late. If involving immigration and customs and Covid checks and visa purchase and domestic checkin and security.... whew! Several hours, at least 4 which might be 2 hours extra or an hour too little
Rim1 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Is this International>Domestic or vice versa, or two domestic segments?
If domestic, at least 2 hours because in my experience so many flights are late. If involving immigration and customs and Covid checks and visa purchase and domestic checkin and security.... whew! Several hours, at least 4 which might be 2 hours extra or an hour too little
4 hours it is! We land at 530am so plenty of flights available to choose from.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Are these P fares or D fares? I'm assuming P fares?

How are people handling the overnight at HND?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.