Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK to DEL from $1095 (Premium Economy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: JFK to DEL from $1095 (Premium Economy)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by ezak
They should work. Though do note that the certs given to AS elites are only valid for one segment, not the entire itinerary.
They are valid for up to three segments in one direction. Terms are here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...es-upgrader-tc. Round trip would require two.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Quail
They are valid for up to three segments in one direction. Terms are here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...es-upgrader-tc. Round trip would require two.
Huh. The original email said otherwise:
Each upgrade is good for a single flight from most Business fares to First and most Economy or Premium Economy fares to Business. If an upgrade isnt available at the time of request, you'll be placed on the waitlist. Waitlist requests will be confirmed if space is available.

I guess they changed the terms at some point, then. That's actually good news. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I don't think fare class comes into play with regards to AA upgrade processing. It appears that it is mainly by status and loyalty points.
Right. Realistically it doesn't matter.

It technically CAN come in to play, but that would require 2 people on the same flight with the same status to have exactly the same rolling 12 month loyalty point number. Only then, would it play tiebreaker.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by Antarius
Right. Realistically it doesn't matter.

It technically CAN come in to play, but that would require 2 people on the same flight with the same status to have exactly the same rolling 12 month loyalty point number. Only then, would it play tiebreaker.
This probably is a lot more likely to matter for AS elites, considering they will presumably always tie other AS elites using their certs when it comes to LPs. Still not likely enough to be worth worrying about though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.