Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ARN-BKK o/w J €684 Easter 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

These days this is a pretty good price for a one way to SE Asia. Booked outbound 13 April at this price, ARN-MUC-BKK.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:43 pm

Nice find, its bookable on LH website!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Yes. It booked into Z on LH. That actually comes with a decent amount of miles, up to 200% if you're with TAP, or 250% if you've got top status with United. Not bad at all, really.
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
It's also possible to route to SIN and continue to BKK on TG with this fare. Nice find!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:18 am

Returns available for ca. €1,300 (bookable directly with OS / LX / LH).
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
I just checked. Loads of availability until August.
Bookable, got ticketed.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: Alaska
Not the same as this?

OS/LH/LX: ARN-HKT C ~£950 return
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Dates are just slightly different. This one is right in the middle of European Easter holiday break, so it was a pretty good fare. Prices have crept up over the last 24 hours but there are still some bargains to be had in the period 10-24 April. Routings via ZRH, VIE, MUC, BRU and FRA.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Good find. Can use the O/W SQ fare for £650 BKK-SIN-FRA to get home as well if wanting to do a return but fly home on SQ metal.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:54 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Best if you kind find is Austrian . Amazing in-flight service. Only downside like all LH Group Members is the Rip-Off Business Class Seat Reservation Fee
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: OZ D+, MH Enrich G
Originally Posted by jongesander
It's also possible to route to SIN and continue to BKK on TG with this fare. Nice find!
curious - how do you route to SIN?
edit: can route through SIN on multicity booking but seems like we can only do this via OTAs and not directly by airline.

Last edited by sozq2121; Mar 14, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Best if you kind find is Austrian . Amazing in-flight service. Only downside like all LH Group Members is the Rip-Off Business Class Seat Reservation Fee
I booked the earlier ~750€ return ARN-VIE-BKK with Austrian and managed to choose all seats for free (no status with any airline).

It΄s only the throne seats for solo travellers that they take the extra fee:

"On Austrian Airlines flights, operated by a Boeing 777 aircraft, we offer the option to reserve a Privacy seat at a fee once such seat has been selected. Standard seats are free of charge. The Privacy seats are single seats offering more space and discretion. For HON Circle Member and Senators Privacy seats remain free of charge."
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Having said that, you still need to take PCR test prior to departing ARN for Thailand arrival.
So, where can you take the test at the airport? Same day or 24 hour wait?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Having said that, you still need to take PCR test prior to departing ARN for Thailand arrival.
So, where can you take the test at the airport? Same day or 24 hour wait?
I'm flying in on a feeder and have given myself some extra time that day. Not ideal, but it was a pretty good fare. Just wish it was not those darned LH seats.

Anyway, I should have enough time for the PCR test. Worst case there is this, which looks OK:

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/ser...antigentester/

But, a question: I am coming from Germany that day. (With the feeder, I mean.) With the direct inbound to BKK actually from MUC, not ARN, wouldn't a German PCR done in my hometown that day also work?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thailand will be dropping the pre arrival test very soon. Only now need the arrival test, day 1 quarantine, vaccination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.