Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: SAT to MAD from $1203, 5062 MQDs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: SAT to MAD from $1203, 5062 MQDs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting - I just booked this for early 2022 direct on the AM website so its still kicking. Living in Houston, SAT is a short enough drive. Awesome deal though.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Just booked this for a mileage run in early December. Madrid is hosting the Davis Cup semis and finals the days I'll be there, so, as an avid tennis fan I'm extra pumped.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
At least AM departs from the "good" concourse A at SAT. I flew in and out of there every week for 1.5 years on AA and Concourse B had nothing except a bad mexican restaurant and that crappy little bar.
Concourse B was torn down and rebuilt. It's much nicer than A. In fact SAT just started process to eventually replace A.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Concourse B was torn down and rebuilt. It's much nicer than A. In fact SAT just started process to eventually replace A.
How recently? I flew through as late as 2019 and it still looked new. I was more complaining about the lack of shops/restaurants in B. Always enjoyed the options better in A.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
How recently? I flew through as late as 2019 and it still looked new. I was more complaining about the lack of shops/restaurants in B. Always enjoyed the options better in A.
2019 is new terminal. The way you described B sounded like the old B. It was really lacking by end of its life. One restaurant and one convenience store.

B nowadays has Sbarro, some Chicken tender type place, Starbucks, Hudson News at front. A mexican restaurant and couple other things in concourse area.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO
2019 is new terminal. The way you described B sounded like the old B. It was really lacking by end of its life. One restaurant and one convenience store.

B nowadays has Sbarro, some Chicken tender type place, Starbucks, Hudson News at front. A mexican restaurant and couple other things in concourse area.
You're right, I forgot about those 2-3 small food stalls right after clearing TSA on the B side.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks 😊

I grabbed two seats in September, now where to credit ? I don’t usually fly sky team
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:14 pm

Probably to AF/KL Flying Blue if you're EU based
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FRoetzer
I grabbed two seats in September, now where to credit ? I don’t usually fly sky team
DL i think gives best earnings 150% miles flown for miles and 40% of miles flown as MQD.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:46 am

Re credit

I am US based so delta may be my best bet. Thanks for everyone hard work on FT.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:59 am

Reliable?

AM has an iffy reputation on this site. I've been searching the on- time performances for these flights and they seem reasonable with no cancelations or equipment changes. So my question is this: if you don't anticipate making changes to an itinerary/requesting a refund, and if you are somewhat ambivalent about the food, is there any reason not to jump on this excellent deal? I'm not cracking wise. I genuinely want the feedback bc I've only flown AM once and it was a good experience.
Thanks, OP, for posting.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mimiray
AM has an iffy reputation on this site. I've been searching the on- time performances for these flights and they seem reasonable with no cancelations or equipment changes. So my question is this: if you don't anticipate making changes to an itinerary/requesting a refund, and if you are somewhat ambivalent about the food, is there any reason not to jump on this excellent deal? I'm not cracking wise. I genuinely want the feedback bc I've only flown AM once and it was a good experience.
Thanks, OP, for posting.
I've never had issue. Flown many times. The only real issue for me is prelanding meal. Small after 10+ hr flight.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:48 am

Re AM

Some reviews on YouTube look okay I have average expectations so the price is right so we shall see.
mimiray likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:06 pm

I am unable to find these itineraries on GF or ITA. I'm using the same search on ITA that I used to -- does anyone have any tips?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fly2dine
I am unable to find these itineraries on GF or ITA. I'm using the same search on ITA that I used to -- does anyone have any tips?
The fare was posted months ago.
Since then, folks have had problems with these routings.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/2061015-am-no-overseas-ticketing-us.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.