Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW/*A: SFO-Milan, Venice, Other Italy Cities $1,865 in J (BA $1,665 after AARP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW/*A: SFO-Milan, Venice, Other Italy Cities $1,865 in J (BA $1,665 after AARP)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by exp
Yeah I've been checking France, Switzerland and Austria, not Southern Europe.
Same, I was about to pull the trigger on multiple tickets there over the next few months on Wednesday, but by the time I figured out all my scheduling the fares were all gone. There was wide availability 14+days out until at least end of summer on Wednesday afternoon ET, but nothing at all Wednesday evening ET. Must have missed it by a couple of hours at most. If you do end up finding any decent fares there, especially Switzerland or Austria, I'd be very curious to hear.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Originally Posted by mb752
If you do end up finding any decent fares there, especially Switzerland or Austria, I'd be very curious to hear.
Looks like Vienna and Geneva are both still on sale (at ~$2100, unless you want to fly TAP)
https://www.google.ca/travel/explore...Cs_j8&hl=en-US
Old May 10, 2021, 1:24 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by PlowJockey
Looks like Vienna and Geneva are both still on sale (at ~$2100, unless you want to fly TAP)
https://www.google.ca/travel/explore...Cs_j8&hl=en-US

Hmm, HUGE difference between flight originating from SEA and SFO.

For instance, SFO to ZRH round trip on *A in August.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...__8BQAFIA5gBAQ

Around $3000 but $2100 for SEA-ZRH.
Old May 10, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Just had the rather unpleasant experience of trying to book one of these tickets on any OW carrier and seeing them literally increase 400% or more in front of my very eyes – to every destination in Italy (as well as MAD & BCN, which were also discounted).

As I was typing the above sentence, nearly all of the *A fares have disappeared as well.

Sigh.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by kirker
Just had the rather unpleasant experience of trying to book one of these tickets on any OW carrier and seeing them literally increase 400% or more in front of my very eyes – to every destination in Italy (as well as MAD & BCN, which were also discounted).

As I was typing the above sentence, nearly all of the *A fares have disappeared as well.

Sigh.
The star alliance prices are still around $1700 round-trip, oneworld is in the low 3000s as of this morning. I’m not seeing a 400% increase
Old May 11, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The star alliance prices are still around $1700 round-trip, oneworld is in the low 3000s as of this morning. I’m not seeing a 400% increase
Which dates did you check? The fare sale started on 5/24, and my planned departure was that day – OW tickets are ~$7500 (roundtrip) on that day at this writing (more like 440%, actually).
Old May 11, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Which dates did you check? The fare sale started on 5/24, and my planned departure was that day – OW tickets are ~$7500 (roundtrip) on that day at this writing (more like 440%, actually).
I didn’t look at close in dates, perhaps you’re inside of the advance purchase window. I didn’t read all the fare rules for this particular fare. I was focusing more in September and October as I think as a US passport holder home is fully vaccinated I’ll have a better opportunity beginning entrance then.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:21 am

I just checked Barcelona on 0W and Star. I typically use Google flights, and it seems to be a 14 day advance purchase. Inside that window round trips are about $5500 on 0W an outside that window it drops down to the low 3000s
Old May 11, 2021, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfares
Yeah, it seems that *A has a sale from some US cities to Portugal, Spain and Italy. Book on/before May 11th if the fare rules are correct.

Here are the routes I could find:Boston (BOS) – Barcelona (BCN) $1,601

Boston (BOS) – Madrid (MAD) $1,649

Boston (BOS) – Porto (OPO) $1,880

Chicago (ORD) – Barcelona (BCN) $1,633

Chicago (ORD) – Madrid (MAD) $1,659

Chicago (ORD) – Venice (VCE) $1,667

Fort Lauderdale (FLL) -Milan (MXP) $1,663

Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Lisbon (LIS) $1,692

Fort Lauderdale (FLL) – Naples (NAP) $1,688

Miami (MIA) – Naples (NAP) $1,665

Miami (MIA) – Venice (VCE) $1,667

Miami (MIA) – Milan (MXP) $1,669

Miami (MIA) – Lisbon (LIS) $1,692

New York (EWR) – Barcelona (BCN) $1,841*

New York (EWR) – Milan (MXP) $1,848*

New York (EWR) – Rome (FCO) $1,856

San Francisco (SFO) – Barcelona (BCN) $1,633

San Francisco (SFO) – Madrid (MAD) $1,659

San José (SJC) – Barcelona (BCN) $1,655

San José (SJC) – Madrid (MAD) $1,663

*Non-stop
Old May 21, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone had problems getting the $200 AARP discount on BA J seats? I am only getting $60 off J seats. $60 is supposed to be the discount for economy, but the AARP-BA website is not pricing $200 off J.
Old May 21, 2021, 12:37 pm
exp
Suspended

$200 discount?

How much is AARP membership?
Old May 21, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by exp
$200 discount?

How much is AARP membership?
Some guy posted in the Amex thread, he just renewed for three years for $30 total. So for 10 bucks a year not a bad deal
Old May 21, 2021, 1:58 pm
exp
Suspended

But it's only certain airlines which give the discount?

Or does UA and *A offer it?
Old May 21, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
It's only $10 or so per year for AARP, and you can be any age. The discount is for BA only. I believe it has to be on BA metal. The discount is supposed to be $200 for J. You have to log into AARP site and then access the BA site through the AARP link. However, I'm not currently getting the $200 discount.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mchangmd
It's only $10 or so per year for AARP, and you can be any age. The discount is for BA only. I believe it has to be on BA metal. The discount is supposed to be $200 for J. You have to log into AARP site and then access the BA site through the AARP link. However, I'm not currently getting the $200 discount.
Maybe contact AARP?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.