Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-BOG $481 rt biz (lie flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: JFK-BOG $481 rt biz (lie flat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
This also explains that the terrible catering has nothing to do with JFK flight kitchens...it's just DL being cheap and only doing a sandwich despite selling it as D1 and not offering Medallion upgrades since it's D1 (except the D1 catering is missing)
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 4:39 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
All showers for all airlines in U.S. airlines are closed. Not sure about other countries....
Thank you. Moved to the shortest layovers possible. I guess it's a tradeoff -- get a good deal because no one is traveling versus all amenities as usual.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Fare is still live - even betters it dropped by $15, you can rebook for free and get a $15 eCredit, and more availability end of Oct / Begin Nov.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:00 am

I know this isnt a miles forum, but the same fare can be booked with 24k skymiles which is pretty decent (1.75cpm)
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by cls06j
I know this isnt a miles forum, but the same fare can be booked with 24k skymiles which is pretty decent (1.75cpm)
That is true, but also consider how many miles you are giving up for a $420 Z class, also 24K plus $100 in taxes

Last edited by yuel; Mar 2, 2021 at 8:21 am
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:52 am

Sitting on over 300K skymiles, plus the fees count for the airline reimbursement on Amex Plat. To each their own I guess.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by cls06j
Sitting on over 300K skymiles, plus the fees count for the airline reimbursement on Amex Plat. To each their own I guess.
your right, whatever your comfortable with, im sitting on 600K, but i usually never use them anything under 2cpm, this hobby is a marathon, not a sprint
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by yuel
your right, whatever your comfortable with, im sitting on 600K, but i usually never use them anything under 2cpm, this hobby is a marathon, not a sprint
Impressive...with all the recent redemption increases especially on partners, I feel accomplished hitting 1.5cpm lol.

I'm heading to BOG April 13 - May 3 if anyone's around (fully vaccinated!)
yuel likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:03 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
Is the 3 day stay requirement still needed? I see $420 fares on JFK-BOG for same day turns in Apr
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Now that Delta is bringing back more service, does anyone know if this route will revert to full D1 again? Or will they pretend it's the caterers not being open as such a terrible excuse still?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by eneq
I remember a while back DL had a BOS-BOG fare that allowed some really crazy routings. For example, you could do BOS-SLC-JFK-ATL-BOG. Has anyone, who has more knowledge on fare rules, tested if this fare allows the same?
It's available now. See below.

Originally Posted by planes&trains
I flew on that. BOS-LAX-JFK-BOG-JFK-LAX-BOS. D1. Matrix still shows that for $644 for April but it falls apart on Delta.
I tried EWR-MSP-ATL-BOG and EWR-DTW-LAX-BOS-ATL-BOG (both as one way tickets) - for the latter, with both LAX-BOS and ATL-BOG as DeltaOne - and both ticketed. The former for $196 one way, the latter for $207 one way. What a steal! Cheaper than the BOS-LIM deal including the transcon, which was about double this price, also for a Z fare (No, it did not work out of JFK or with JFK-LAX, but both XXX-SLC and XXX-LAX worked and allowed SLC-BOS or LAX-BOS back, but SLC-BOS is not a lie flat seat nor Delta One).

The Z fare is hard to find. I fares are more plentiful with this type of routing, and only raise the price ~$30-$40 on the one way.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Nice find!
Google Flights
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Nice find!
Google Flights
Thank you! I have not personally had issues with this, but I found this in an old thread (from 2001) about Delta's "RPU":
"Voluntary plane changes in lieu of nonstop and/or direct flights for the accumulation of additional mileage or segments are not permitted. Delta reserves the right to limit mileage credit for an itinerary to the number of connecting flights actually traveled or the maximum number of segments shown in Delta's published schedule for a connection between any two cities, whichever is less."

Does this language still exist anywhere? The poster did not even say where exactly they found it, besides Delta's website. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Anyone getting 5 flights priced like this in ITA?

Edit: NM, got it
btonkid12345 likes this.

Last edited by MarcElMile; Apr 6, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Thank you! I have not personally had issues with this, but I found this in an old thread (from 2001) about Delta's "RPU":
"Voluntary plane changes in lieu of nonstop and/or direct flights for the accumulation of additional mileage or segments are not permitted. Delta reserves the right to limit mileage credit for an itinerary to the number of connecting flights actually traveled or the maximum number of segments shown in Delta's published schedule for a connection between any two cities, whichever is less."

Does this language still exist anywhere? The poster did not even say where exactly they found it, besides Delta's website. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!
Was able to track down the verbiage to a now defuct Delta webpage, linked off this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/1732586-post10.html

Wayback Machine archive of that page (latest available): https://web.archive.org/web/20050723..._reg/index.jsp

The page at that specific URL is removed sometime after July 25, 2005 as subsequent crawls in August 2005 shows Delta's 'page not found' from back then.

Another FT discussion from 2001, mainly about "intent": Fine Print #3: It's Illegal to Make a Mileage Run
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.