Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA HNL-ORD/DFW-MIA-TGU $840 I rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat

HNL-ORD is 789 some dates. Sample 3-8 Mar as follows:

boggs likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
This is a great fare for EQM, but when looking at Award miles it is only showing around 3500? So does that mean that you only get 3500 redeemable miles?

I am switching from BA Gold and trying to get EXEC PLAT on AA, but if the redeemable miles are so low then I might have to reconsider.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by RyanG
This is a great fare for EQM, but when looking at Award miles it is only showing around 3500? So does that mean that you only get 3500 redeemable miles?

I am switching from BA Gold and trying to get EXEC PLAT on AA, but if the redeemable miles are so low then I might have to reconsider.
AA awards RDMs on AA metal based upon spend. The secret to RDMs and Status in General with AA is in general use partners such as IB/BA even codeshares in Y+ or Business as you earn spend (EQDs) as a % of distance, same with RDMs...
These cheap AA flights work well for EQMs as you said as well as if you credit to BA (for lots of Tier Points) or AS which is still distance for RDMs...
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jfkeze
AA awards RDMs on AA metal based upon spend. The secret to RDMs and Status in General with AA is in general use partners such as IB/BA even codeshares in Y+ or Business as you earn spend (EQDs) as a % of distance, same with RDMs...
These cheap AA flights work well for EQMs as you said as well as if you credit to BA (for lots of Tier Points) or AS which is still distance for RDMs...
Thanks so much! I have all my other trips on BA and IB for the rest of the year which gets me to Plat Pro but this looked like a great option for EQM, but you are right, the EQD and RDMs on this is not great at all.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RyanG
Thanks so much! I have all my other trips on BA and IB for the rest of the year which gets me to Plat Pro but this looked like a great option for EQM, but you are right, the EQD and RDMs on this is not great at all.
not entirely accurate if I calculated correctly. You call up NYCFlyer (user on here), a TA, or your favorite and ask him to book this fare as a consolidator fare, if available, and your magic happens.
just to see if there is yet another option, I checked on the exact dates above same everything in J and sure enough, there is a special fare on AAVacations (includes cheap hotel) for $922 that earns that same % of miles flown as if flying a partner. This one routed via LAX and MIA as an I special fare which earns 2 EQMs per mile flown and 20% of miles flown for EQDs. Just a quick check....

11,643 via GCMap
=11,643*2 (EQMs) - 23,286
=11,643*.2 (EQDs) - 2,329.
tobikosan and MikeWhiskey like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68
not entirely accurate if I calculated correctly. You call up NYCFlyer (user on here), a TA, or your favorite and ask him to book this fare as a consolidator fare, if available, and your magic happens.
just to see if there is yet another option, I checked on the exact dates above same everything in J and sure enough, there is a special fare on AAVacations (includes cheap hotel) for $922 that earns that same % of miles flown as if flying a partner. This one routed via LAX and MIA as an I special fare which earns 2 EQMs per mile flown and 20% of miles flown for EQDs. Just a quick check....

11,643 via GCMap
=11,643*2 (EQMs) - 23,286
=11,643*.2 (EQDs) - 2,329.
Wow! I didn't know that there were work arounds like that being still ticketed on AA! Thanks so much for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.