Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA JFK-MIA-RDU $235 rt (JFk-MIA lie flat)

Old Dec 22, 2020, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat

Google Flights --> AA website
kazuhiro likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
The NYC-RDU fare has been around for awhile and is very lucrative for BA flyers, you can have 3 segments each way which makes it a 240 TPs run or 40 % of oneworld sapphire (BA Silver)

Fare Rules
Spoiler

Thysk and kazuhiro like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
The NYC-RDU fare has been around for awhile and is very lucrative for BA flyers, you can have 3 segments each way which makes it a 240 TPs run or 40 % of oneworld sapphire (BA Silver)

Fare Rules
Spoiler

Under the current reduced thresholds it would be over 50%. 450TPs needed for Silver.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also, you could start from EWR or LGA when using this deal.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by madfish
Under the current reduced thresholds it would be over 50%. 450TPs needed for Silver.
I wasn't sure if the lower TPs were just for renewals or scratch but seems that they are only for renewal (that's what I've heard from BA agents on twitter) although if one is Bronze and wants to go for Gold not sure...

Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:20 am

Also works in May if you want to reduce the risk of snowstorms in January... can add a segment via DFW to add more miles...
Thysk likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:08 am

I wasn't sure if the lower TPs were just for renewals or scratch but seems that they are only for renewal (that's what I've heard from BA agents on twitter) although if one is Bronze and wants to go for Gold not sure...
I'm gonna answer myself here, if you already had a BA account even with no status, the lower numbers apply... so BA Silver for 500 USD plus the 2 BA segments ain't a bad deal...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I'm gonna answer myself here, if you already had a BA account even with no status, the lower numbers apply... so BA Silver for 500 USD plus the 2 BA segments ain't a bad deal...
How is an American supposed to get BA segments nowadays
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Qualification year ends in mid 2021, so hopefully with a quick hop across the pond to London... The Carribean BA Fifth freedoms I think are not operating (and it might be harder to enter the caribbean than the UK)
But it's all speculation at this point...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The max mileage on this route could be obtained when flying NYC-DFW-MIA-RDU, however, for those seeking a same-day turnaround, it's not possible to do a same-day turnaround with this routing in both directions.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:24 pm

Nice routing finds you can even add the 777 between DFW-MIA, seeing very limited dates at $118 in March and then higher during the rest of the year...

Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice routing finds you can even add the 777 between DFW-MIA, seeing very limited dates at $118 in March and then higher during the rest of the year...
Indeed, I am also not sure if this case applies for travel after mid-January but during my upcoming DCA-RDU TP run next week, I had the chance to book my place on the 787-8on the DFW-MIA leg.

Although, on this route, the 787-8's that operate have the older configuration ( with some seats being reverse-facing )

In addition, I would make a general reminder that bookings should be made at least 21 days in advance.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: QF

South Africa is open!
Flying for Fun likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.