Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LHR-US 1000GBP rt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
mmxbreaks would you mind sharing when in the year these take place?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by tropikey
mmxbreaks: both your itineraries look great. Could you please provide more details (dates) or link or screen shot?
Yesterday I found nice trip from CDG to LGA + SEA - CDG but your route is so much more interesting
Sure, here's an example for 620TPs, 4 nights (it's more due to stops in LHR and AUS) for £995. Was showing in May, now only seems to be from June 2021. I'm going over July 4th weekend.

tropikey likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
mmxbreaks would you mind sharing when in the year these take place?
It's fairly wide open from what I can see (the LAX one from June anyway).

In addition to the LAX example above, here's the MSY one (which seems to be whenever - you could even go during Mardi Gras). This is more because I want to go there than TP run, but did add some extra stops to net a few extra points here and there. Price has gone up marginally since yesterday.

Some other creatives could probably squeeze in more stops, but I wanted the 787-10 on both LHR-DFW and MIA-LHR (that's not speculative either - my seats clearly show the Club Suite formation).

tropikey and PUCCI GALORE like this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
For a little extra, circa £1150, you can do SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX-JFK-LHR-SOF, netting the 2x140TP from the London-NYC and NYC-LAX components (just on AA A321S, which I'm less keen on), making 720TP.
The A321T (or A321B if you're using SeatGuru) currently operates JFK-LAX, but there are rumors from @xJonNYC that AA is going to reconfigure those planes into more traditional seating arrangements. In that case, AA would be putting a version of the 777 or 787 on the JFK-LAX route.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
The A321T (or A321B if you're using SeatGuru) currently operates JFK-LAX, but there are rumors from @xJonNYC that AA is going to reconfigure those planes into more traditional seating arrangements. In that case, AA would be putting a version of the 777 or 787 on the JFK-LAX route.
Even the A321 Sharklets gives a pretty good lie-flat business seat, it's just the 2-2 arrangement that's irksome. Well, that and that it's not great in turbulence - so a 777/787 would be way better!

I've avoided it anyway and gone LAX-SEA-LHR for fewer TPs but individual window seat Club Suite on BA's 787-10. Gives more morning time in LAX too, which works to my preference.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
mmxbreaks thank you to going for so much bother - thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.