Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH / EW: AMS to BKK from €596 (Y+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Saw this on GF but not posted on FT...

Lufthansa and its LCC arm Eurowings are having a sale ex-Amsterdam to Bangkok via Germany. Service via Frankfurt is on mainline Lufthansa planes while service via Munich is with Eurowings.

Sample flights are in 2021 and it's hard to tell if Eurowings will be around or will be folded into the main Lufthansa carrier.

No Star Alliance miles in most programs for the EW flights. Flights in 2020 seem to offer more chances to fly Lufthansa metal.

Book Flights Here!

Pedersens likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 9:57 am

Nice fare! It pops up once in a while. I flew it in March, out on LH, back on EW. Seats & service are identical, but with *A gold, you don't get any benefits when flying EW.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Isn't this PE offer in the same ball park as many of the reasonable PE fares out of AMS with LH lately? I have seen BOG and GRU for slightly more.
Also AMS is notorious for its cheap LH P fares to a lot of longhaul destinations.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Nice fare! It pops up once in a while. I flew it in March, out on LH, back on EW. Seats & service are identical, but with *A gold, you don't get any benefits when flying EW.
Are the seats any good?
Old May 4, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Deckter
Are the seats any good?
Day flight to East Coast fine, red eye to Asia...I guess not so. Rather wait for 1200 or so fare in J...because..would you pull the trigger on 300€ upgrade bid? You probably would....
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Day flight to East Coast fine, red eye to Asia...I guess not so. Rather wait for 1200 or so fare in J...because..would you pull the trigger on 300€ upgrade bid? You probably would....
Upgrade for the miles or for that 'exciting Lufthansa J product'
Old May 4, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
You could go for €1322 with LX Business
747jetter likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jfkeze
You could go for €1322 with LX Business
They were under €1100 a month back
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Granite64
Upgrade for the miles or for that 'exciting Lufthansa J product'
Usually when LH is available, LX and OS is too so personally I would go out of my way to avoid LH...not sure I'd waste miles to upgrade 600E ticket to J on LH.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Whats the checked in baggage allowance?
Old May 5, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA
I flew this flight with EW MUC-BKK last december in PE ("BEST" class) and must say that the seat was my best PE experience (ok, haven't flown PE this often).
Lots of space and a very fair recline.
Was a night flight outbound and day flight inbound.
Seats on the right side of cabin appear always empty but are blocked for crew rest.
Catering wise not so good though...
Back then two checked luggage were allowed
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:35 am

LH PE seats are hard as a stone and cant be combined (armrest lifted) if neighbor's seat is available. Plain economy is in general better value for money
Old May 5, 2020, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Pedersens
Plain economy is in general better value for money
Well, it certainly depends on the PE fare. At these levels (only a few hundred Euro more expensive than the cheapest Y fare) and including 2PC checked luggage (which you will have to pay for in Y), it is very good value IMO.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
LH PE seats are hard as a stone and cant be combined (armrest lifted) if neighbor's seat is available. Plain economy is in general better value for money
An extremely limited number of economy seats offer leg-room equivalent to, or even better than, premium-economy seats: but none of them offer the same width, unless you are fortunate to have a free seat next to you

The differences aren't great, but after eight hours most bodies appreciate them, even if wallets don't!

Really it all depends on the fare difference and how much you are prepared to pay for small but significant increase in comfort.
ermis177 likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Not at all. Having flown PE many times and with lots of airlines ( Air Canada, BA, Eva Air etc) LH PE seat is quite comfortable and relatively new. Also the difference between PE and Y is sometimes about 200 euros all together for a return journey. It does makes a big difference. Plus many of the low Y fares do not offer any miles with other programmes. At least you get 100% of the miles flown with even the lowest PE fare ( N class) to most of the FFP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.