Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AF: SEA-AMM $1600 [package deal]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Another package deal, to AMM this time
Books into Z on DL and AF:
https://wheretocredit.com/dl/z
https://wheretocredit.com/af/z

Sample:

https://www.travelocity.com/flexible...sPartialStay=1
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Great find. I wonder why the screenshot shows mixed seats. This sample pricing with a j fare and a hostel dorm makes me giggling, since I've done something similar to that. I ll definitely look into further.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Sample dates?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Sample dates?
It seems like the dates are finicky for this deal. OP Gave 11/27-12/10. I was able to extend up to 12/27 for the same price.You also should be able to depart into early December for $1600.

Last edited by ft543; Feb 9, 2018 at 12:21 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:49 am
Suspended

I’m trying to book AF before AS ends the partnership. I tried multiple dates and could get it down to like $1700-$1800 for early April.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:52 am
Suspended

Also deal seems to be good to other west coast cities like LAX. Cannot find total AF for the return to SEA
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Has anyone been able to find other destinations besides AMM? This is a terrific deal.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:29 am
Suspended

This is fascinating to me. Youre binging a $4k ticket down to $1800 WITH (albeit cra pay) hotel.

Just out of curiosity OP how did you find this?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This is fascinating to me. Youre binging a $4k ticket down to $1800 WITH (albeit cra pay) hotel.

Just out of curiosity OP how did you find this?
Airlines often offer lower J fares to vacation packages. It lets them fill unsold seats in the premium cabin while not cannibalizing revenue from business travelers, who rarely book using vacation package deals because their company usually has negotiated car and hotel rates they are required to use.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:57 am
Suspended

All that’s nice and make sense. But how do you find deals using these packages? You cannot search every single combination of cities known to Man.

So it is just when you stumble upon one? How often are these for sale?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

All that’s nice and make sense. But how do you find deals using these packages? You cannot search every single combination of cities known to Man.

To be perfectly honest, there are many deals out there using package options. Flight+hotel, Flight+car, etc. We've seen this with AAVacations, as documented extensively on other threads.

There is no point in trying to list all of city pairs that save at least $x here... I'm hoping this place won't be flooded with every single possible combination that saves some kind of money.

Just be creative and check the occasional destination you want to go.
Keep in mind the famous quote -- With great savings comes great responsibility.. figure out what works for you and, if you must, share it among trusted friends. Any of these deals can be killed with a simple rule -- for example, there's nothing keeping the hotel from notifying the OTA that you didn't show up. Orbitz/expedia can easily impose a $500 penalty for no-shows if people tend to abuse things.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

If you scroll down through this board, you'll see a recent thread on Orbitz and Expedia package deals. There's been a lot of this the past few weeks, mostly on Skyteam partners, but others as well.

As far as how you find it: I pretty much know when I'll be available for trips. So I just check regularly, all kinds of options, Google Flights, packages, whatever. It's a hobby. There's no real trick to it--you just have to enjoy prowling around and looking for random bargains.
z4017 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:42 am
Suspended

Also this package seems to be only available on travelocity and not on any of their partner websites which are all owned by the same people.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: DL GM
Also this package seems to be only available on travelocity and not on any of their partner websites which are all owned by the same people.
I came here to ask this question since they're all owned by Expedia -- interesting it's Travelocity only.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:23 am

For the LAX-FCO thread and the SFO-BOM/DEL thread, the same deals are available on orbitz and xp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.