Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Austrian is having a sale on their non-stop flights between Los Angeles and Vienna for travel during the summer.

You would earn 12274 miles in most Star Alliance programs (100%).

United flyers would also obtain 2455 PQPs as LX and OS give 1/5 RDMs as PQPs...

LAX to VIE from $2210

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals
Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GOLD
it is so expensive to fly US-EU instead of the other way around. Is this the typical sales price for outbound starting from the US? I would not look at it twice for this price for ex-EU.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by roy2016
it is so expensive to fly US-EU instead of the other way around. Is this the typical sales price for outbound starting from the US? I would not look at it twice for this price for ex-EU.
It is so high because of competition. Over the last couple of years there have been a surplus of seats in the European market. So the yield go a bit down while airlines compete on offering 1 stop options.
This surplus does not show up going ex-us as the red-eyes (often) arrive after the morning bank of flight so it hard for business travelers to make a morning or lunch meeting. So they are forced to connect in NA or take a non-stop.
There of course is also more start differences between economically and on the regulation front from eu country to eu country then between the states.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Occasionally, one can find lower J fares US-EU ($1.5-2k range), but those are somewhat sporadic and don’t typically last long.

That said, this one still isn’t bad, especially for OS. Haven’t flown them in a while, so tempted.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
My old rule of thumb was under $2500 West Coast to Europe... good fare (especially if one could tweak it ala AF/KLM XP Run with some extra segments). OS is a quality airline and this is a non-stop flight...
Of course there are $2000 deals, even now TAP has SFO-BCN/MAD/DVB/PAR under $2020 for September travel...
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, this is quite low (although a regular "quite low") for West Coast to Europe. And yes, ex-EU has it so, so much better.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This appears to be gone for the OS nonstops, but is still available on AA/BA via London.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:17 am
Suspended

Good luck getting admitted to Austria.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
This is when it is nice to have duel Austrian/US citizenship

That said, I missed this deal.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Good luck getting admitted to Austria.
Austria is ahead of the curve in opening its economy, but it is still part of Schengen zone which is closed to outsiders. At this point it is anyone's guess as to when borders will open anywhere. Certainly there are some countries (Greece) which would like to reopen for tourists by July.
af fp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.