Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
Yep

But you can spend some extra to secure MH in J
hey what dates is this for?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:57 am

It's widely available.
Any day in September for example.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: Alaska
cancelled my DXB-AKL trip and rebooked with ZRH-AKL with stopover at KUL for a few months on Omar Air website. CHF737.45

you may find that Oman Air does not allow multi-city with KUL-AKL, you can just change the URL directly

hxxps://bookings.omanair.com/dx/WYDX/#/flight-selection?journeyType=multi-city&activeMonth=first departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format&origin=ZRH&destination=KUL&class=Business&ADT=1&C HD=0&INF=0&date=first departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format&origin1=KUL&destination1=AKL&date1=second departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format

Last edited by freed0m; Apr 10, 2020 at 4:07 am
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How do you all plan to get back from AKL? It's expensive even on miles and I'm expecting to see ~2000$ round-trip fares from Europe once this is all over and we can start flying again.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:10 am

Thanks @Croupier!
I was able to change my flight on WY site for some extra cost; so now business on the MH-operated leg also!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
cancelled my DXB-AKL trip and rebooked with ZRH-AKL with stopover at KUL for a few months on Omar Air website. CHF737.45

you may find that Oman Air does not allow multi-city with KUL-AKL, you can just change the URL directly

hxxps://bookings.omanair.com/dx/WYDX/#/flight-selection?journeyType=multi-city&activeMonth=first departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format&origin=ZRH&destination=KUL&class=Business&ADT=1&C HD=0&INF=0&date=first departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format&origin1=KUL&destination1=AKL&date1=second departure date in MM-DD-YYYY format
SMART!
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: flying blue
Just curious here, why are you guys so sure of the dates you are booking? Isnt this is non refundable fee and even change cost money + fare difference? Just curious haha please correct if I am wrong, just surprised to see such a huge reaction despite I myself is based in KUL definitely looks great for 2 trips just how to get the dates right!!
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How do you all plan to get back from AKL? It's expensive even on miles and I'm expecting to see ~2000$ round-trip fares from Europe once this is all over and we can start flying again.
After doing some extended looking around I have nit been able to find lower then usual prices back from NZ. I am currently only seeing prices with that don't make this deal worth while if you don't need a one way ticket to Oceania or if you are not redeeming points to get back. All the one way ticket back make this+return more then just a round trip ticket from Europe.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thanks!!!

Booked ZRH-AKL in March 2021
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by haroon145
hey what dates is this for?
It is wide open to any day other then these date:
TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 15JUL THROUGH 15AUG OR 20DEC THROUGH 31DEC OR 05APR THROUGH 12APR.
You just have to look GF lies about this fare it doesn't show up in a broad search you have to look at the day specifically or just go to air oman website. Also there is no price difference for the last part to not be in economy it is more to do with the marketing airline. If it has MH number it will be economy if WY then business.

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; Apr 10, 2020 at 4:34 am
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You can search on ITA Matrix. Use "WY+" in advanced routing codes. For DXB, the fare basis is LELOAE21 ("F ..LELOAE21"), for ZRH, it's LELOCH21 ("F ..LELOCH21").
But I'm sitting this one out. We will see better return fares from Europe eventually, with better mileage earnings.
alp67, andigoeskiwi and elpuerto like this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
But I'm sitting this one out. We will see better return fares from Europe eventually, with better mileage earnings.
Same here, can't get decent fare AKL back to Europe / Middle East
Old Apr 10, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Same here, can't get decent fare AKL back to Europe / Middle East
One can hop over to Oz, there have been J deals for OW from there to EUR inc via M East during normal times.
​​Im also sitting this one out, and agree that therell be better deals with better accrued miles on safer tickets. NZ is course closed UFN!
Old Apr 10, 2020, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
NZ is course closed UFN!
And once they finally open up they will be so desperate for tourists that they will close their borders to outgoing passengers. So you don't have to worry about getting a ticket back to Europe. You'll be stuck in Hobbitland forever
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
And once they finally open up they will be so desperate for tourists that they will close their borders to outgoing passengers. So you don't have to worry about getting a ticket back to Europe. You'll be stuck in Hobbitland forever
Lol, I wouldn't mind about that; there are worse places to get stuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.