Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by freed0m
it seems that KUL-AKL the overnight flight is not allowed any more.
You can play with the tabbed dates on the Oman Air website to view layover/flight options and price for each day. That's what I did to find the routing with longest layovers. Different for each day. As is pricing
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:38 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Keter
It is not the fare basis, its the booking codes restriction as supplied by MH (caled RBDII table):
LELOAE21 basis priced tickets normally are not supposed to put you into R fare bucket on WY code.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: Alaska
my guess is someone mixed two fare rules. one is LELOXX21, the other RBLOXX21. Apparently there is no RBLOXX21 filed for business class one-way advance purchase. LELOXX21 filed for business class one-way instead. No economy class advance purchase filed for one-way.

The reverse direction have both fare rules. LELOMH21 for economy and RBLOMH21 for business class advance purchase.

It should not have anything related to whether it is operated by A320
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by freed0m; Apr 12, 2020 at 11:23 pm
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by freed0m
It should not have anything related to whether it is operated by A320
I feel like that should never make a difference in these fares. Air craft can often times be assigned after a fair is filled.
Anyway I do agree that someone misfiled some fares and your explanation would answer why it is only one way and not round trip.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
thanks for the offer to help

I was interested in Zurich to KL on October 31

KL to Auck on November 6

could shift dates up or back a day if necessary
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by #1son
thanks for the offer to help
I was interested in Zurich to KL on October 31 KL to Auck on November 6
could shift dates up or back a day if necessary
1. click HERE
2. you should then be getting this page

3. Now you need to select one of the WY-coded KUL-AKL flights (the last two) as these combinations only will get you business all the way
4. you can adjust your dates following the instructions this post
NOTE: hxxps:// might need to be changed to https:// as well

Last edited by alp67; Apr 13, 2020 at 1:17 am
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:21 am

thank you kindly alp67

you are a gentleman and a scholar ;-)

just booked the ticket after reading all the previous comments

I would totally agree that Oman can be a pain to deal with if you have an issue but that said, one of the best flights I ever had was in Business Class on Oman and I much prefer travelling through Muscat rather than Doha or DXB

whenever I visit NZ, always hit Australia too and the Latam flight NZ to AUS is cheap + I am OW Emerald for that flight and the MH flight from KL to Auck

am prepared to catch on onward flight from any city in AUS and not worried about fares

getting 3 long haul flights in Business for >$240 each is just incredible + will rack up a few OW miles

Last edited by #1son; Apr 13, 2020 at 11:23 am
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:00 am

thank you kindly

I would totally agree that Oman can be a pain to deal with if you have an issue but that said, one of the best flights I ever had was in Business Class on Oman and I much prefer travelling through Muscat rather than Doha or DXB

whenever I visit NZ, always hit Australia too and the Latam flight NZ to AUS is cheap + I am OW Emerald for that flight and the MH flight from KL to Auck

am prepared to catch on onward flight from any city in AUS and not worried about fares

getting 3 long haul flights in Business for >$240 each is just incredible + will rack up a few OW miles
I don’t think you can add AA advantage number. I looked. I’m going to try at the counter when I check in for AKL, since I was able to create a 10 day stopover.
if you find a way on MH site please share

Last edited by Josescrappy; Apr 13, 2020 at 11:07 am
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:07 am

thank you kindly

Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:21 am

when you check in at KL you should be able to give them your OW frequent flier number for Auck flight which has an MH code

please feel free to correct me if somebody knows that is not the case for some reason
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
when you check in at KL you should be able to give them your OW frequent flier number for Auck flight which has an MH code

please feel free to correct me if somebody knows that is not the case for some reason
It is WY code, isn't it? Did you chose the MH code? For MH code, you will be in eco!
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:16 pm

I need to check my tickets for code

Last edited by #1son; May 27, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Btw WY has been pretty liberal with status matches in the past. Gold should get 225% on R.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Oman Air has updated their change and rebooking policy.

https://www.omanair.com/om/en/refund...82Nx6MhdMv-YC8

It seems to imply that dates can be changed on any ticket to flights up to 18 months from the date the ticket was issued. It's all a bit vague though as no travel dates are quoted. Their previous policy stated a travel period of 6th March 2020 till 31st October 2020 to benefit from the corona virus waiver. I would be looking to travel in February 2021 so presumably wouldn't be covered by the old policy but might be covered by the new one. 18 months of flexibility makes the deal much more attractive, assuming we wouldn't be on the hook for any fare difference. A previous poster suggested there may not be a fare difference to pay if the same booking class was available.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by andymac66
A previous poster suggested there may not be a fare difference to pay if the same booking class was available.
I highly doubt that they will allow reissuing tickets to new dates using historic fares (especially error fares). "yes, you can rebook for free, but the current price for an R-class oneway ticket is 2000CHF.you need to pay the fare difference".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.