Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: LAX/SFO-LIM/GRU/Eze from $630 rt in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: LAX/SFO-LIM/GRU/Eze from $630 rt in J

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:24 am

Fare has gone down

Oh wow, the fare went down after I bought the tix...which really sucks. Any tips for getting it back from AM? seems like the best case scenario is getting EMD
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by tdai
Oh wow, the fare went down after I bought the tix...which really sucks. Any tips for getting it back from AM? seems like the best case scenario is getting EMD
Generally speaking, past 24 hours after booking, one has to live with the price paid. No do-overs. AeroMexico is hard to deal with in any case.

That said, the price drop may be an illusion. For example, a random date after Thanksgiving run through Google Flights shows a rt fare of $857 on either of two overseas fly-by-night OTA's with terrible reviews. The links for Expedia and AeroMexico yield fares of around $1200, which is likely to be the fare that will actually ticket.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
So, anyone who booked EZE t for TG week or later have any hope of actually going? My gf and I are booked, and its not looking good. I hope they can just institute rapid testing so we can make this happen. Thanksgiving in Los Angeles is not fun.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:57 pm

My flight for the end of October got cancelled by AM. Good luck with your trip!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K
for those who have been canceled on, what have your experiences been with rebooking for new dates? did y'all check for new dates on ITA before hand before calling to make sure the sane fare codfe existed for the new dates (in order to avoid the fare diff)?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, Aeromexico, Delta
I was able to change it to February
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by kjorobk
I was able to change it to February
and there was no fare difference or change fee?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
I had a flight at the end of September that was cancelled and AM only allowed me to rebook with no fare difference within 10 days of original departure. Ended up having to do a charge back because they refused to refund me. Money got back to my card within 5 days.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 11:43 pm

Ok, who ratted me out? A little over 24 hrs after I posted i get the cancelation notice from AM. I'll see what Expedia, who I purchased the ticket through, updates me via email with. I wouldn't mind rescheduling for February, as long as my class and fare stays the same.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:00 am

I recall when booking this fare that the max change fee would be $500 to keep the same class. I rolled the dice thinking even if I had to reschedule, for $500, no biggie. I’ll prolly see about pushing to March but interested in other people’s experiences. Don’t really want to go unless I can go to bars and punk rock shows.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Just got off my redeye to see this from Expedia:
AEROMEXICO AIRLINE has made a schedule change to your upcoming trip, and your original flight option is no longer available. We apologize on behalf of the airline for any inconvenience this may cause.

Do you want to cancel your booking?

If you choose to cancel, please let us know by responding to this email and we will cancel your flights. Once we cancel you will receive Refund as per the airline policy.

The airline should process your refund within 8 weeks, but it could take longer depending on the airline.

Do you want us to look for alternative flight options?

Please respond to this email and let us know if you would like us to look for an alternative flight option.

Many flights have been cancelled due to COVID-19, so there are limited flight options available. Please respond within the next 48 hours as alternative flight options are subject to airline availability.

Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

8 weeks is a really long time for a refund...should i contest it instead?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by bsagator
I'm going to book for Thanksgiving to EZE. If this is still around then, the refund of my money is the last thing I'm going to be worrying about.
well replying to myself 7 months later...apparently, its not the last thing im worried about.
Maple Red and aquanine like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by bsagator
Just got off my redeye to see this from Expedia:

8 weeks is a really long time for a refund...should i contest it instead?
I guess you have not heard or been involved with Virgin Atlantic.
Was supposed to fly later in March 2020. Flight was of course CNX'd (to JBG) Ended up finally getting the money back on the CC late June/early July 2020
While it was a long time, I found VS has been much better to work with than pretty much anything AM has. (unfortunately) but then again I knew that going in not to expect much from AM
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:57 pm

so I just got off the phone with Expedia and they want to charge me a fare diff even though cabin and booking code is the same. ...! I was afraid this was going to happen.

In April, I booked SEA-MEX-LIM in Business (booking code "i") for travel this month (base fare for the booking was $440).

Found new dates in Aug 2021 (since their waiver says travel on new dates can be upto Nov 2021). Same exact flights, in business, booking code "i". and Expedia is saying that the system is telling them that's there is a fare diff of $435 because new base fare is $875. I told agent that I should not because charged a fare diff since I'm keeping the same cabin/booking code/routing. This is frustrating!!!

I've changed flights on AA, BA and others and have never been charged a fare diff when I change dates and keep cabin/booking code/routing the same.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:52 pm

Flying in December to SCL -- now have an overnight layover in MEX both ways..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.