Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: YUL - CPT - as low as $2576 US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Scrapped the LAX-KUL mileage run. Here, you can do an actual turn around. With a 2 year old and a 2 month old, I'd rather do this.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:31 pm

I hope that means that your spouse will be happier staying at home while you do an immediate turn - no way mine would consider doing a MR with the whole family halfway around the world!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There is a previous thread about this:

QR: LAX/YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by nk15
There is a previous thread about this:

QR: LAX/YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD
Just FYI, the LAX-CPT routing mentioned in it is no longer valid. (Plus that thread is eight months old by now!)

Even by my battle-hardened road warrior standards, I'm not sure I could do two 10-hour-plus legs and an overnight stay in Doha each direction. (Looks like it's a relatively short one on the return, with a midnight arrival followed by an 8am-ish departure. I've only flown into DOH once, but I don't recall it having any on-site "napping facilities" a la SIN.)
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by kirker
Just FYI, the LAX-CPT routing mentioned in it is no longer valid. (Plus that thread is eight months old by now!)

Even by my battle-hardened road warrior standards, I'm not sure I could do two 10-hour-plus legs and an overnight stay in Doha each direction. (Looks like it's a relatively short one on the return, with a midnight arrival followed by an 8am-ish departure. I've only flown into DOH once, but I don't recall it having any on-site "napping facilities" a la SIN.)
Incorrect, the LAX-CPT route is still available for about $3k, as before, see sample link:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...5*2.USD.307385

Also, if you read that thread you will see the "napping facilities" at DOH discussed...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I hope that means that your spouse will be happier staying at home while you do an immediate turn - no way mine would consider doing a MR with the whole family halfway around the world!
Yeah.. they're staying at home with my mother in law.
The overnights in Doha do kind of suck because they don't give you enough time to actually do anything.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by krazieman
Yeah.. they're staying at home with my mother in law.
The overnights in Doha do kind of suck because they don't give you enough time to actually do anything.
On each of our overnight layovers to/from LAX we've stayed at the Souq Waqif boutique Hotels using the stopover program rate. This last turn we joined the group tour put on by the hotel staff. For a free tour, I'd highly recommend it. They brought us in to the camel pens, through the royal horse barn, and to the falcon hospital and market. After that they brought us to one of the "men's rooms" in the Souq. They welcomed the women too and explained the rooms and other points of Qatari culture while we snacked on nuts and dates and enjoyed some tea. It was a great way to burn an hour or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.