Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: LAX/YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD

QR: LAX/YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD

Old May 21, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
OWE alone does not grant access to Al Safwa, which is reserved for pax traveling in QR F. OWEs do get access to the "First Class Lounge", which is far inferior to Al Safwa or even Al Mourjan (reserved for pax traveling in QR J), and IIRC does not offer sleeping facilities.
Correct. This would grant access to the Al Mourjan lounge, which is their paid J lounge. It's nice, but a long layover is still a long time stuck in the airport. That having been said, Doha is pretty easy to get around in. Even for a half day layover, you can easily grab a cheap room and crash out somewhere in town.
E55 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
The first class lounge (Al Safwa lounge) has way better sleeping booths with a comfy couch. I have overnighted there, food 24/7, showers next to you, very comfortable experience.
They provide rooms (somewhat like hotel room) with 2 twin beds, full bathroom facilities. TV and desk. Quite comfortable and super clean.
However, I recall admission to Al Safwa is restricted to F pax only.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allset2travel
They provide rooms (somewhat like hotel room) with 2 twin beds, full bathroom facilities. TV and desk. Quite comfortable and super clean.
However, I recall admission to Al Safwa is restricted to F pax only.
I believe if you have access to Al Mourjan, you can pay to access Al Safwa.

Here is an article about it.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...lounge-for-69/
Old May 21, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I believe if you have access to Al Mourjan, you can pay to access Al Safwa.
It was 250 riyals per person when we were there in April.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by dkc192
OWE alone does not grant access to Al Safwa, which is reserved for pax traveling in QR F. OWEs do get access to the "First Class Lounge", which is far inferior to Al Safwa or even Al Mourjan (reserved for pax traveling in QR J), and IIRC does not offer sleeping facilities.
Sorry I got confused, I meant the Al Mourjan, it has a quiet area with cubicles with leather couches...scroll down to the couch pics...
https://travelsort.com/review-qatar-...s-lounge-doha/
http://moorewithmiles.com/2017/12/re...-doha-airport/
Old May 22, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
Yes J lounge in Doha has quite nice sleeping or rest area
Old May 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

doesnt seem to be valid any more?? tried looking on google flights for dates july - sept
Old May 23, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by slolankn
doesnt seem to be valid any more?? tried looking on google flights for dates july - sept
I am seeing it for $2767 USD in July on Matrix. I put the dates into the QR Canada website and it priced out the same.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
As an Emerald you have access to the QR first class lounge in DOH, which has sleeping booths, very comfortable for overnight, no need for hotel. Just go straight to get one.
No you won't. Emerald on QR J will not have access. Only QR F. You can pay to use it for max 6 hours.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tested a few dates in June 2020 and could find the round trip in J for about $2900. Not as good as before, but still not terrible. Unfortunately, I need to wait another 3 weeks or so before the dates I want become available for booking. Hope the fare is still around then!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I tested a few dates in June 2020 and could find the round trip in J for about $2900. Not as good as before, but still not terrible. Unfortunately, I need to wait another 3 weeks or so before the dates I want become available for booking. Hope the fare is still around then!
"$2.9k. Not great, not terrible."
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Guys, c’mon, we’re talking 52 hours in the air on a QR lie flat bed, this is more than two full days and nights...From a desirable origin (LAX) to a desirable destination (CPT; not even JNB). In the right direction.

People get excited for half that time in the air on AA for that price on this site, lol...

Last edited by nk15; Jun 26, 2019 at 5:02 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guys, cmon, were talking 52 hours in the air on a QR lie flat bed, this is more than two full days and nights...From a desirable origin (LAX) to a desirable destination (CPT; not even JNB). In the right direction.

People get excited for half that time in the air on AA for that price on this site, lol...
Agreed, I didn't mean to sound quite so lackadaisical.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I was quoting Chernobyl.

Ive done this route and similar ones on awards and it is worth the cost. The only bad part is the long layover in DOH on the outbound.

You wont be able to do the free Doha tour because the last one will probably be full before you land. So, head to the quiet rooms in the back, take a shower, get some food and drinks, and prepare to kill 8 hours. There are worse places to do it.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:51 am

I'm not seeing anything in the $2000s from LAX. Is google flights the best way to look?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.