Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EY Business: ARN - Asia from €1,209 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Some atractive fares from Stockholm to multiple destinations in Asia with Etihad Airways.

Dates available in: March - June

Book on/before: 20 January (I think)

A few examples with link

Stockholm – Singapore from €1,209 link

Stockholm – Manilla from €1,229 link

Stockholm – Bangkok from €1,363 link

Stockholm – Seoul from €1,368 link

Stockholm – Hongkong from €1,505 link
Isochronous, raporot, Fli1 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Jan 12, 2020 at 10:05 am
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
This awesome deal is going on for quite a few months now. You also can depart from GOT.

Someone knows if I can credit this to one of the big three alliances to earn a status quickly ? What's the best option ?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by IstKong
This awesome deal is going on for quite a few months now. You also can depart from GOT.

Someone knows if I can credit this to one of the big three alliances to earn a status quickly ? What's the best option ?
Asiana for Star, Sri Lankan for oneworld.
Extra Mile and IstKong like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Etihad flights (even codeshare ones) do not earn tier miles with Srilankan. Generally EY flights don’t earn any status earning miles / points for OW (and to my knowledge, there aren’t exceptions).
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:49 am

These fares have been around for quite some time - ever since info on the dire financial situation of EY has surfaced - and have already been rolled over a few times. Other than ARN, I have seen them out of e.g. OSL, CPH, WAW, PRG, BUD, etc. - and some of these alternatives have offered better price levels. I was even able to score a sub-1.5k€ RT to MLE from BUD. EY is obviously trying through codeshares to attract traffic from outstations it does not service directly - these are always 2-stop itineraries with the first one somewhere in Europe, e.g. BRU, ZRH, MAN, DUB, etc. The fare rules are available via ITA Matrix. The tickets are issued in fare class W, I would personally credit them to AA - other options at https://www.wheretocredit.com/etihad/w.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
These fares have been around for quite some time - ever since info on the dire financial situation of EY has surfaced - and have already been rolled over a few times. Other than ARN, I have seen them out of e.g. OSL, CPH, WAW, PRG, BUD, etc. - and some of these alternatives have offered better price levels. I was even able to score a sub-1.5k€ RT to MLE from BUD. EY is obviously trying through codeshares to attract traffic from outstations it does not service directly - these are always 2-stop itineraries with the first one somewhere in Europe, e.g. BRU, ZRH, MAN, DUB, etc. The fare rules are available via ITA Matrix. The tickets are issued in fare class W, I would personally credit them to AA - other options at https://www.wheretocredit.com/etihad/w.
Anything out of CPH?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:51 am

Flying EY will not get you star alliance status through Asiana. Maybe credit to WY Sindbad?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by mileageking
Flying EY will not get you star alliance status through Asiana. Maybe credit to WY Sindbad?
Are you sure ?

Not wanting to credit to Sindbad, too few partners...

If it's true, then, this fare is not a bargain with 2 stops each ways and few suitable crediting options.

I will go for QR out of CPH/ARN/OSL/GOT to Asia for 1400-1600€ business return with much more suitable crediting options to OneWorld (and a much better product, better schedules, better airport, etc...)
Fli1 likes this.

Last edited by IstKong; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:09 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
For some rookies 1200 EUR to South-East Asia in EY business is not enough bargain? I am glad you find better options, but saying this is not a bargain (especially SIN and MNL) is just ignorant. QR may have better product, but wha if somebody just wants cheaper price, or wants to requalify for EY status? Keep the bargains coming, OP.
this fare is not a bargain with 2 stops each ways and few suitable crediting options.

I will go for QR out of CPH/ARN/OSL/GOT to Asia for 1400-1600€ business return with much more suitable crediting options to OneWorld (and a much better product, better schedules, better airport, etc...)
NoY, Lefly, denkigroove and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Richey66; Jan 14, 2020 at 4:19 am
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:14 am

Are you sure ?
Yes that's my understanding, taking EY metal flights will not get you star alliance status through Asiana. Maybe experts can weigh in...

Last edited by mileageking; Jan 14, 2020 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
You will get no Status Miles at OZ with EY flights - only Bonus Miles.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Richey66
For some rookies 1200 EUR to South-East Asia in EY business is not enough bargain? I am glad you find better options, but saying this is not a bargain (especially SIN and MNL) is just ignorant. QR may have better product, but wha if somebody just wants cheaper price, or wants to requalify for EY status? Keep the bargains coming, OP.
Quite right! Also the fact that EY have to route twice through Europe can be very advantageous and make it much more convenient than flying QR. For example I live in London, my itinerary to Seoul in March allows me to simply hop over to ARN and back same day with passport and wallet, be back in my bed the same night, then fly LHR-AUH-ICN the following day. Plus even better on the way back I can also route through LHR and drop the last leg, all of that is not possible with QR, hence I love these EY fares.
Richey66 and Unionruler like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AA but no elite status miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.