Sq: Sin-lax y+ $961 rt

Old Sep 30, 19, 6:02 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: PHX, ICN
Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 413
Sq: Sin-lax y+ $961 rt

Pretty good discount for the non-stop premium economy fare Singapore Air to Los Angeles. Spotty dates in November, wide open Jan - Mar. Solid $1,025 afterwards even in summer. 5+ days only.

Books into R, so generally 17K miles for most but not all *A, so be aware.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/DzZPv
SightseeMC is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 6:13 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Miami
Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus
Posts: 5
Will this work in reverse LAX-SIN rt?

Will this work in reverse LAX-SIN rt?
juliofesanz is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 6:34 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Miles & More pleb
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by juliofesanz View Post
Will this work in reverse LAX-SIN rt?
Fares never work in reverse, sorry.
Maestro Ramen is online now  
Old Sep 30, 19, 7:07 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Miami
Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus
Posts: 5
Thank you :-)
juliofesanz is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 7:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Posts: 95
PE, there are a lot of choice
hellointer is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 10:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
For $67 they work in reverse LAX-SIN $1151 RT (SIN-LAX now $1084 RT)
E55 likes this.
HLC60 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 3:46 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: PHX, ICN
Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 413
Originally Posted by HLC60 View Post
For $67 they work in reverse LAX-SIN $1151 RT (SIN-LAX now $1084 RT)
It sometimes (relatively rarely) works to about $999 LAX - SIN/BKK/HKT/etc but I haven't seen it that low in a few months.
SightseeMC is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 3:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 4,852
i got J for $2900 via AMEX IAP recently LAX-SIN nonstop.
for 33 hours in the air, that’s only $55/hr premium for a bed.
Colin is offline  
Old Sep 30, 19, 4:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
this might also be interesting for some folks who want are looking for a hop from BLR to LAX for $998+. Do note, that the BLR-SIN route isn't PE though.
SightseeMC likes this.
reddysetgo is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:27 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 19,379
Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
Pretty good discount for the non-stop premium economy fare Singapore Air to Los Angeles. Spotty dates in November, wide open Jan - Mar. Solid $1,025 afterwards even in summer. 5+ days only.

Books into R, so generally 17K miles for most but not all *A, so be aware.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/DzZPv
Fare also credits at 100% in AS Mileage Plan.
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 5:21 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 5,153
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Fare also credits at 100% in AS Mileage Plan.
And SQ PE is really great. Though, CX PE is 110% EQM's on AS, so a better earning at about the same price..
bobovespa likes this.
rbAA is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 6:15 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: EUG PDX
Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Starbux Gold, Nexus
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
And SQ PE is really great. Though, CX PE is 110% EQM's on AS, so a better earning at about the same price..
Which PE is the winner as far as seat comfort and service? Planning a trip to Manila and can't decide which PE is the best overall. Also using this flight to requalify for AS MVP. CX offers PE to MNL from HKG so a sllighty better mileage earning over SQ at this price point.
JetSetDave is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 6:34 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 5,153
Originally Posted by JetSetDave View Post
Which PE is the winner as far as seat comfort and service? Planning a trip to Manila and can't decide which PE is the best overall. Also using this flight to requalify for AS MVP. CX offers PE to MNL from HKG so a sllighty better mileage earning over SQ at this price point.
Depends on the plane and seat selection, though SQ was rated better overall in a recent survey of 21 airlines PE seats. I like CX's starboard side bulkhead seats, while I don't like their 777 middle seats especially getting stuck in a full flight as unless you have the aisle seat, it extremely difficult to get out if the person ahead of you reclines.

Service: SQ definitely, especially the food, though the FA's on both are great.

Last edited by rbAA; Jan 9, 20 at 7:00 pm
rbAA is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:57 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: EUG PDX
Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Starbux Gold, Nexus
Posts: 426
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
Depends on the plane and seat selection, though SQ was rated better overall in a recent survey of 21 airlines PE seats. I like CX's starboard side bulkhead seats, while I don't like their 777 middle seats especially getting stuck in a full flight as unless you have the aisle seat, it extremely difficult to get out if the person ahead of you reclines.

Service: SQ definitely, especially the food, though the FA's on both are great.
Thank you for sharing your experience. If I select CX, most likely, it will be a A350 from SEA.
JetSetDave is offline  
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:18 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by JetSetDave View Post
Which PE is the winner as far as seat comfort and service? Planning a trip to Manila and can't decide which PE is the best overall. Also using this flight to requalify for AS MVP. CX offers PE to MNL from HKG so a sllighty better mileage earning over SQ at this price point.
Depends on the plane. For SQ, the A380, 777, and apparently the 350ULR (haven't seen it personally) are pretty nice. The A350 (the one with Y) is less nice. I don't know what they did to the ULR A350. The ULR's single window and aisle seats are probably the best PE seats in the world if you're a solo traveler based on what I've heard. There's only 6 of them though.
nmpls is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread