Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I booked a LH redemption last week - taxes sat in pending for ages, disappeared totally and then appeared overnight.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:25 pm

I keep trying to book the Swiss F fares but it won't load and always gives error messages. Any idea what's up?

With LH - it won't even show F fares. Again - any thoughts?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 747-444
I keep trying to book the Swiss F fares but it won't load and always gives error messages. Any idea what's up?

Have you tried different browsers?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone have the access code for F fares for the Lufthansa search engine? I am trying to price a more complex itinerary using the multi-city option but on the 2-4-1 landing page (which autofills the access code) it seems only return searches are possible. I have tried copying and pasting the hidden access code but that doesn't work.

Swiss doesn't require the access code but wont allow multi-city searches with sectors in europe when searching for F.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

Yeah the LX landing page has been down for the past 2 days. Lufthansa doesn't show fares unless they are actually available in this promo. Right now your best bet is probs using google flights to try find days with availability. Once you find availability then search using the LX website (If there is LH flights in your itinerary then click advanced search and choose 'Lufthansa Group' from the drop down menu).
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone have the access code for F fares for the Lufthansa search engine? I am trying to price a more complex itinerary using the multi-city option but on the 2-4-1 landing page (which autofills the access code) it seems only return searches are possible. I have tried copying and pasting the hidden access code but that doesn't work.

Swiss doesn't require the access code but wont allow multi-city searches with sectors in europe when searching for F.
I have also been trying to do the same. The code that works for normal flights is LGPARTYOF2 but I have not been able to get it to work on the multi-city options. I do not know if it is just the combo I am trying or it just does not allow multicity using the code, let me know if you find a way to get it working
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I see F availabilty for MAN-HKG in December and thats about it.

The LX website has many available return flights, but no away flights

Looks like this event was sold out before it was advertised!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
The LX website has many available return flights, but no away flights :
You can pair one of the F return legs with an outbound in J, as both classes are in the companion sale.
Nagolnagol and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
You can pair one of the F return legs with an outbound in J, as both classes are in the companion sale.
Which I have done on a couple of these destinations.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE

I can find them by searching and hoping I find something. Nothing as nice as the LX search pages for these specials that at least identifies the days when you pull up their search cendar.

Been finding companion F fares from the UK to JNB or CPT for GBP 4613 for 2 passengers,
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not all flights and prices are correct on LH and LX websites

Booked a MAN-DEL return in F for late 2020 yesterday. LH via FRA outbound and LX via ZRH on way back.
LX UK website did not show the flights I wanted but sale price was correct and LH website showed the flights but price was double the sale price.
In the end, booked via Amex travel UK website which showed the correct flights and correct price. So not sure what is going on but got the flights I needed.
First time in F on either airline, so looking forward to it.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Also, the LX (and LH) call centres can be your friend here.
If you call and say you want the special fare, they will help you search, and they can construct fares which the website won’t show you.

Basically, if you can find A class on the long haul.. a GOOD call centre agent (and that isn’t all of them) can get around the married segment problems.

I did this myself this week. I do wonder what the point of a sale is if you don’t have stock you actively want to sell, but anyway who knows...

Good luck!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Surprised this has disappeared so quickly down the FT page.

I've been looking ex-LON and mainly to HKT/BKK/SIN and in J and finding loads of days available. Just worth playing around with. Got a LCY-SIN (LX) // HKT-LCY (using Helveticas direct HKT-ZRH in November for £1,268 (pp, based on 2).

If you've given up on this, might be a good time to check your dates again.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee

I've been looking ex-LON and mainly to HKT/BKK/SIN and in J and finding loads of days available. Just worth playing around with. Got a LCY-SIN (LX) // HKT-LCY (using Helveticas direct HKT-ZRH in November for £1,268 (pp, based on 2).

J wasn't bad on availability it was F that was hard to snag.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee

How have you managed to do an open jaw flight if you don't mind me asking? I have tried all ways now, including calling both LH and Swiss CS and using the code. It also appears on 3rd party sites also but when I go through to the end, it comes back saying its 12000 more to book it even though I can still see it fine on standard return options. The CS tell me multi-fight is not part of the deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.