FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2003578-lh-lx-j-f-companion-fares-uk.html)

pogonation Jan 9, 2020 4:16 pm

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Looks like Lufthansa has just released the famed companion fares from UK. lots of destinations and dates available. I cannot see the list of destinations and prices on their website yet so suspect it will come tomorrow.

some examples:

Business
SIN £1800
BKK £1250
HKG £1050
EZE £1500

First
SIN £2000
BKK £1830
DEL £1470
DAR £1470

As usual USA doesn’t seem to be involved. Have a play around :)

Mttrnd Jan 9, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up - have enjoyed these greatly before - however I can't seem to locate any fares at the moment.

Are you looking through LH website, ITA, etc? And please could you give an example?

Thanks again in advance!

pogonation Jan 9, 2020 4:35 pm

Using google flights shows all the destinations. They can be booked direct on the airline website or through most TAs (make sure you select 2 persons travelling). An example for BKK here.

Maestro Ramen Jan 9, 2020 5:38 pm

Thank you Pogo you are an absolute :-: !

Snatched a MAN-BKK return for two for £3575 in A!!!! Absolutely unbelievable price. Outbound on LH 380 with a smooth 9h in First terminal. Return on LX 777 with overnight stop (and a day tourism) in Zurich.

Indeed the offer is not yet available on Swiss.com (despite being advertised as such on ggl), but was able to ticket and confirm via Expedia.

Here are the cool destinations I found:
(From MAN and BHX) in F
DEL or BOM: £3000
NBO or DXB. £3000
BKK £3600 (Snatched!)
HKG £3800
SIN or MNL £4000

Availability had a wide range between May and November, but you have to play around with dates until you find what you like.

nickohrn Jan 9, 2020 10:18 pm

My wife and I flew this last time it was offered. I was able to force an open-jaw through Expedia even when neither the LH or LX website would show it and ended up doing LHR-FRA-PEK / HKG-ZRH-LHR. We had a great time. This is worth jumping on if you are interested.

If you want to fly SQ, it can sometimes be worked into these fares (at least according to ITA Matrix and some TAs on the last thread regarding these).

Nagolnagol Jan 10, 2020 1:17 am

Thanks, Booked MAN-NBO // NBO-EDI for October half-term. Does First class on Swiss include chauffeur transfer to airport at MAN? The relevant search on google takes me to a defunct Swiss Weblink

Got similar fare to DEL at Christmas 2019 and Lufthansa provided this service at EDI.

Maestro Ramen Jan 10, 2020 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Nagolnagol (Post 31931792)
Thanks, Booked MAN-NBO // NBO-EDI for October half-term. Does First class on Swiss include chauffeur transfer to airport at MAN? The relevant search on google takes me to a defunct Swiss Weblink

Got similar fare to DEL at Christmas 2019 and Lufthansa provided this service at EDI.

Allegedly, only of you booked direct via the uk swiss or LH website, assuming the service is still available (web page is indeed down).

lumit811 Jan 10, 2020 3:19 am

Nothing on the website directly showing these 2for1 offers. But £1200+ is a steal for LHR-ZRH on LX and ZRH-SIN on SQ! Too bad they don't sell F/A through these offers to SIN on SQ :(

chris63 Jan 10, 2020 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 31931826)
Allegedly, only of you booked direct via the uk swiss or LH website, assuming the service is still available (web page is indeed down).

The rule is it must be a F ticket issued in UK, this includes Expedia.co.uk, which is directly ticketed by LH in U.K., download the e-ticket receipt & it shows where the ticket was issued & check also that payment was taken by LH.

And the Limousine service still exists Ex UK.

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 4:11 am

gone. I was just booking it when it jumped. | || || |_

onlysuites Jan 10, 2020 4:43 am

Are these now gone? Shortest sale ever!

airborn Jan 10, 2020 5:00 am

Originally Posted by ignorantcow (Post 31932087)
gone. I was just booking it when it jumped. | || || |_

no its still there...just checked..

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 5:02 am

Originally Posted by airborn (Post 31932178)
no its still there...just checked..

Where are you seeing this?

I checked all OTAs as well as swiss.com

LON-BKK/SIN though

supersympa Jan 10, 2020 5:25 am

I tried to book as well LHR/ZRH/SIN and it is now gone
tried with MAN and EDI as well and cannot find anything anymore :(

Says "sold out" on Swiss.com

agentgemini Jan 10, 2020 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ignorantcow (Post 31932183)
Where are you seeing this?

I checked all OTAs as well as swiss.com

LON-BKK/SIN though

I looked as well and couldn't see these fares on Google, Lufthansa or Swiss Air. Am I missing something?