Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)!

SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)!

Old Oct 30, 19, 6:36 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,370
SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)!

Another good sale with Saudia (Dry Airline), this time as a one-way flight all on the Boeing 787 from Madrid to Kuala Lumpur.

Delta flyers would obtain 7203 MQMs and 1441 MQDs or a 1.70 MQD Ratio on this one-way ticket.

FlyingBlue members would obtain 15 24 XPs for MAD-JED and 30 XPs for JED-KUL or 54 XPs total.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

Last edited by jfkeze; Nov 1, 19 at 3:42 pm
jfkeze is offline  
Old Oct 30, 19, 8:28 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,730
Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...
Justin Case likes this.
bodory is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:36 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...
Sure but now you can stay in an hotel in Jeddah and not stay at the airport
bodory likes this.
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:17 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LHR HKG
Programs: BA GOLD
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
Sure but now you can stay in an hotel in Jeddah and not stay at the airport
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?
roy2016 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:26 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
Sure but now you can stay in an hotel in Jeddah and not stay at the airport
since when? where
cmoltisanti is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 8:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 215
FYI (EN): https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/10/28/...#disqus_thread

FR:L’Arabie Saoudite accorde, depuis le 27 septembre 2019, des visas de tourisme aux ressortissants de 49 pays, dont la France.
Selon les autorités saoudiennes, il est possible de solliciter ce type de visa directement à l’arrivée, gr ce aux bornes réservées à cet effet dans les aéroports de Riyad et de Djeddah.
Il est toutefois recommandé aux Français souhaitant effectuer un voyage touristique en Arabie Saoudite d’obtenir, avant leur déplacement, un visa électronique via https://visa.visitsaudi.com/.
Dans tous les cas, les visiteurs doivent être en mesure, à l’arrivée, de présenter les justificatifs obligatoires, notamment en matière de couverture médicale.

Since september 2019, all European countries and the US, Canada are allowed to have Saudi e-visa
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 8:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by roy2016 View Post
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?
See my last post, you can enter Saudi territory even if you're not there for the pilgrim
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 8:46 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 215
By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019
raporot and KL803 like this.
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 1:59 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019
I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.
raporot likes this.
108912 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:56 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taif, KSA
Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,853
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti View Post
since when? where
Originally Posted by roy2016 View Post
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?
Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.
Jamier45 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 11:16 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: MileagePlus 1K/*G; IHG Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 278
Originally Posted by Jamier45 View Post
Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.
I applied for an e-visa and it was approved within minutes. I was very impressed by the speed and simplicity of the process.
KL803 likes this.
PTY1K is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:50 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AA Exp
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by 108912 View Post
I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.
Used the new terminal last week (domestic Saudi flight) and it really is rather impressive. But as far as I am aware there is no airport hotel (yet), so an overnight hotel stay requires a rather lengthy taxi ride.
gnargel is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:35 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,553
Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.
Concerto is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:43 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,370
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.
Apologies it's 24 XPs so a grand total of 54 XPs...
jfkeze is offline  
Old Nov 2, 19, 5:15 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,553
To be honest, that's not giving a great rate: it's €14.13 per XP. But on long haul, it is obviously much better to travel in Business than Economy, so that is a value in itself.
Hope some other deals from SV appear.
Concerto is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: