Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Another good sale with Saudia (Dry Airline), this time as a one-way flight all on the Boeing 787 from Madrid to Kuala Lumpur.

Delta flyers would obtain 7203 MQMs and 1441 MQDs or a 1.70 MQD Ratio on this one-way ticket.

FlyingBlue members would obtain 15 24 XPs for MAD-JED and 30 XPs for JED-KUL or 54 XPs total.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

Last edited by jfkeze; Nov 1, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Many
Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...
Justin Case likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by bodory
Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...
Sure but now you can stay in an hotel in Jeddah and not stay at the airport
bodory likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:26 am

since when? where
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
FYI (EN): https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/10/28/...#disqus_thread

FR:L’Arabie Saoudite accorde, depuis le 27 septembre 2019, des visas de tourisme aux ressortissants de 49 pays, dont la France.
Selon les autoritιs saoudiennes, il est possible de solliciter ce type de visa directement ΰ l’arrivιe, gr ce aux bornes rιservιes ΰ cet effet dans les aιroports de Riyad et de Djeddah.
Il est toutefois recommandι aux Franηais souhaitant effectuer un voyage touristique en Arabie Saoudite d’obtenir, avant leur dιplacement, un visa ιlectronique via https://visa.visitsaudi.com/.
Dans tous les cas, les visiteurs doivent κtre en mesure, ΰ l’arrivιe, de prιsenter les justificatifs obligatoires, notamment en matiθre de couverture mιdicale.

Since september 2019, all European countries and the US, Canada are allowed to have Saudi e-visa
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by roy2016
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?
See my last post, you can enter Saudi territory even if you're not there for the pilgrim
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:46 am

By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019
raporot and KL803 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:59 pm

By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019
I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.
raporot likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
since when? where
Originally Posted by roy2016
Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.
I applied for an e-visa and it was approved within minutes. I was very impressed by the speed and simplicity of the process.
KL803 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by 108912
I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.
Used the new terminal last week (domestic Saudi flight) and it really is rather impressive. But as far as I am aware there is no airport hotel (yet), so an overnight hotel stay requires a rather lengthy taxi ride.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.
Apologies it's 24 XPs so a grand total of 54 XPs...
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
To be honest, that's not giving a great rate: it's €14.13 per XP. But on long haul, it is obviously much better to travel in Business than Economy, so that is a value in itself.
Hope some other deals from SV appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.