FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1993402-sv-mad-kul-763-one-way.html)

jfkeze Oct 30, 2019 6:36 am

SV: MAD-KUL from €763 (one-way)!

Another good sale with Saudia (Dry Airline), this time as a one-way flight all on the Boeing 787 from Madrid to Kuala Lumpur.

Delta flyers would obtain 7203 MQMs and 1441 MQDs or a 1.70 MQD Ratio on this one-way ticket.

FlyingBlue members would obtain 15 24 XPs for MAD-JED and 30 XPs for JED-KUL or 54 XPs total.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-plDnNZxgs...174506__01.jpg

bodory Oct 30, 2019 8:28 am

Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...

AurelAF96 Oct 31, 2019 4:36 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 31681808)
Thanks for sharing.

The layover in JED is a killer though.
Not to mention the time of arrival in KUL...

Sure but now you can stay in an hotel in Jeddah and not stay at the airport

roy2016 Oct 31, 2019 5:17 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 31685281)

did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?

cmoltisanti Oct 31, 2019 5:26 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 31685281)

since when? where

AurelAF96 Oct 31, 2019 8:42 am

FYI (EN): https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/10/28/...#disqus_thread

FR:L’Arabie Saoudite accorde, depuis le 27 septembre 2019, des visas de tourisme aux ressortissants de 49 pays, dont la France.
Selon les autorités saoudiennes, il est possible de solliciter ce type de visa directement à l’arrivée, gr ce aux bornes réservées à cet effet dans les aéroports de Riyad et de Djeddah.
Il est toutefois recommandé aux Français souhaitant effectuer un voyage touristique en Arabie Saoudite d’obtenir, avant leur déplacement, un visa électronique via https://visa.visitsaudi.com/.
Dans tous les cas, les visiteurs doivent être en mesure, à l’arrivée, de présenter les justificatifs obligatoires, notamment en matière de couverture médicale.

Since september 2019, all European countries and the US, Canada are allowed to have Saudi e-visa

AurelAF96 Oct 31, 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by roy2016 (Post 31685351)
did you mean hotel outside of JED airport? If so, will one with an EU passport need a visa for entry?

See my last post, you can enter Saudi territory even if you're not there for the pilgrim

AurelAF96 Oct 31, 2019 8:46 am

By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019

108912 Oct 31, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 31685937)
By the way all European flights with an A320 aircraft will be in the new international terminal from 3 Nov 2019

All International Flights to the new terminal from 20 DEC 2019

I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.

Jamier45 Oct 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti (Post 31685373)
since when? where

Originally Posted by roy2016 (Post 31685351)

Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.

PTY1K Oct 31, 2019 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jamier45 (Post 31688534)
Yes, I believe it’s 48 or 49 countries can now apply for a tourist visa, 1 year validity, multi entry, no more than 90 days in the country at a time. Cost is around 440SAR.

The terminal for SV is horrendous though, the north terminal (where I’m sat typing this) is much better but still bad. The first class lounge (immediate left turn after security) is a pleasant place to spend an hour or so.

I applied for an e-visa and it was approved within minutes. I was very impressed by the speed and simplicity of the process.

gnargel Nov 1, 2019 3:50 am

Originally Posted by 108912 (Post 31687273)
I've done some of the Saudi fares before and have been pretty impressed with the onboard offering. What has put me off doing more is the transit at JED. Words really cannot describe how awful it is. Airports like Lagos or Addis are luxury compared to the SV terminal in JED.

So really happy to hear the move is finally happening. Saying that there's been several announcements of dates of the move in the past which have never come to fruition so I will wait until SV has actually moved terminals before booking any other SV deals.

Used the new terminal last week (domestic Saudi flight) and it really is rather impressive. But as far as I am aware there is no airport hotel (yet), so an overnight hotel stay requires a rather lengthy taxi ride.

Concerto Nov 1, 2019 3:35 pm

Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.

jfkeze Nov 1, 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31691431)
Us Brits are excluded from the tourist visa, no doubt. Is it really only 15XPs from Madrid to Jeddah? It feels like it is a lot further.

Apologies it's 24 XPs so a grand total of 54 XPs...

Concerto Nov 2, 2019 5:15 am

To be honest, that's not giving a great rate: it's €14.13 per XP. But on long haul, it is obviously much better to travel in Business than Economy, so that is a value in itself.
Hope some other deals from SV appear.