Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ: TLV - JNB biz rt 940$ Oct-Apr many dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ: TLV - JNB biz rt 940$ Oct-Apr many dates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by planestupid
Looks like a mapping error. This is a premium economy fare.
Booking on AZ says Business.
I know, fare base and booking code don't match...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
I'm curious if this one will stick.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
I'm curious if this one will stick.
It's been around for 3 weeks? So probably people are flying it as we speak, add in the market and I doubt it's that much of a priority for AZ... It's just a sale after all...
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:38 pm
YHL

It sure sticks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Hello
wondering if anyone has feedback to share on this flight combination. Could not find any in FT or others forums. THX
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:57 am
Original Poster

You can find reviews in Hebrew and translate with Google.
Search "טיסות סודיות" Facebook group
AZ = "אלאיטליה"
Sorry, but I still can't post links.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has anyone had any experience with this (I know David666 posted above but it is in Hebrew.) - and more specifically which OTA to book through?

If I do a search for my dates in September I get 4 OTAs that are offering fares between £715-£786 - MyTrip/GoToGate/Travelgenio/BudgetAir - then it jumps massively to Opodo/Expedia etc at £2,700+ - I suppose I am wondering why the fare would stick/airline would honour the fare at £715 if the likes of Expedia are only offering it from £2,700+? Reading the reviews of GoToGate and Travelgenio in particular are not inspiring any confidence either.

Any advice from anyone on here that has bought and travelled on one of these fares would be most appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:18 am

Out of curiosity, why do you want to book through OTA and not with AZ directly? Just looked at random dates - e.g. 6.4.20 outbound / 10.4.20 inbound is priced at €895. If I were to be paying this much for a ticket in business class, the yellow pennies that an OTA would save me would not justify the risk of disruption - better safe than sorry ...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Out of curiosity, why do you want to book through OTA and not with AZ directly? Just looked at random dates - e.g. 6.4.20 outbound / 10.4.20 inbound is priced at €895. If I were to be paying this much for a ticket in business class, the yellow pennies that an OTA would save me would not justify the risk of disruption - better safe than sorry ...
Because if I try and book it on the AZ website the fare is €2,240.00 per person as opposed to £750 odd. There have been many discussions on here about how there seems to be some loophole that booking through OTAs gets Business Class while direct with the airline will result in Y+ very often - with the exception of a few dates which seem to stick.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:43 am

Sorry mate but there must be something on your side - see below directly from AZ website.

Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Has anyone had any experience with this (I know David666 posted above but it is in Hebrew.) - and more specifically which OTA to book through?

If I do a search for my dates in September I get 4 OTAs that are offering fares between £715-£786 - MyTrip/GoToGate/Travelgenio/BudgetAir - then it jumps massively to Opodo/Expedia etc at £2,700+ - I suppose I am wondering why the fare would stick/airline would honour the fare at £715 if the likes of Expedia are only offering it from £2,700+? Reading the reviews of GoToGate and Travelgenio in particular are not inspiring any confidence either.

Any advice from anyone on here that has bought and travelled on one of these fares would be most appreciated.
I am actually travellings on that fare.

Departure 31.12 to 07.01

Booked trough Gotogate because it was the only OTA pricing at 860 euros and showing business class on all segments.
On Alitalia only the tlv-fco segment showed in business the fco-jbo appeared in premium eco.
Friend of mine tried to book it 1 hour later and it was not available anymore, price changed before entering the credit card number.

Gotogate booked my ticket immediately and out of Hong Kong.
I could immediately find the booking on Alitalia and chose my seats.

The tlv controls were a nightmare (took 2 hours). The DAN lounge is cheap and food basic.

Food expérience in both flights and in the Alitalia lounge in Rome is excellent. Good food good wines ....really nice and helpful cabin crew. Flight operated on a330 with full flat bed. Sleeping expérience also good but I bad less sitting space compared to the finnair a330 business product. If you travel solo I suggest you take the side seats in row 2 or 4 ( the seats are more private)
If the fare is still available I would jump on it ASAP. But beware JBO is one of thé loss making routes of AZ. They may drop it anytime especially considering they have to reduce the fleet but have announced increases on Tokyo.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:58 pm

[QUOTE=MichaelA380;31896213]Sorry mate but there must be something on your side - see below directly from AZ website.

Sadly I am travelling in September and however I try on the Alitalia site I do not get a price close to that, even going incognito and changing country from Italy to Israel to US or UK.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
I am actually travellings on that fare.

Departure 31.12 to 07.01

Booked trough Gotogate because it was the only OTA pricing at 860 euros and showing business class on all segments.
On Alitalia only the tlv-fco segment showed in business the fco-jbo appeared in premium eco.
Friend of mine tried to book it 1 hour later and it was not available anymore, price changed before entering the credit card number.

Gotogate booked my ticket immediately and out of Hong Kong.
I could immediately find the booking on Alitalia and chose my seats.

The tlv controls were a nightmare (took 2 hours). The DAN lounge is cheap and food basic.

Food expérience in both flights and in the Alitalia lounge in Rome is excellent. Good food good wines ....really nice and helpful cabin crew. Flight operated on a330 with full flat bed. Sleeping expérience also good but I bad less sitting space compared to the finnair a330 business product. If you travel solo I suggest you take the side seats in row 2 or 4 ( the seats are more private)
If the fare is still available I would jump on it ASAP. But beware JBO is one of thé loss making routes of AZ. They may drop it anytime especially considering they have to reduce the fleet but have announced increases on Tokyo.
Thanks very much. Think I will bite the bullet and book it. I am not too worried about AZ pulling the route, because at worst I would get a refund or maybe end up on an AF or KL service as a replacement?
Hope you are enjoying South Africa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.