Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Dl: Bos - lim $887 - limited availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl: Bos - lim $887 - limited availability

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Could any of you, DL flyers, help me? After arriving LAX-BOS in Delta One, I booked another ticket (so separate PNR) to LGA in economy basic. I know that STE+ which I am does not have access on domestic if it is not international itinerary, but this will be arriving from LIM (technically, because it is via ATL, SCL and LAX) and after Delta One flight. Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Could any of you, DL flyers, help me? After arriving LAX-BOS in Delta One, I booked another ticket (so separate PNR) to LGA in economy basic. I know that STE+ which I am does not have access on domestic if it is not international itinerary, but this will be arriving from LIM (technically, because it is via ATL, SCL and LAX) and after Delta One flight. Thanks for any info.
So you flew SCL-ATL-LAX-BOS-LGA?? I don't even think this is the same day. And if not same day, and not same PNR = no access.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
LAX-BOS arrives the other day than it departs and the day of arrival into BOS I have connection to LGA.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
I was returning back from this run yesterday and my flight from ATL>JFK got delayed because they were having software issues with the plane. I still had ATL>JFK>LAX left. They rebooked me into another ATL>LAX on main cabin. I did it trough an agent and she told me I should get the fare difference back (I did not use the app to rebook because of the disclaimer that no credit will be available if i select a lower class). Is this true? should they reimburse both legs? I only accepted the change because the other option was waiting for the plane to be fixed and stay overnight in JFK, and I had the worst headache. Not to mention on the new flight I got a middle seat and it was a miserable flight.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:46 pm
Suspended

DL: BOS-LIM r/t $1000 (J)

Sample dates: 8/20-8/27.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by keitherson
So you flew SCL-ATL-LAX-BOS-LGA?? I don't even think this is the same day. And if not same day, and not same PNR = no access.
There is not a requirement to be in the same PNR on Delta. As long as you have a same day arriving or departing Delta One flight, and you are connecting onward from or towards it, you get into the SkyClub.

Originally Posted by 747jetter
LAX-BOS arrives the other day than it departs and the day of arrival into BOS I have connection to LGA.
If LAX-BOS is DeltaOne (for awhile, there was a red eye that was First) then yes, you get in at all connecting points that day, including BOS and even upon arrival in LGA.

If I were you, though, I would have not booked a basic ticket and rather SDCed LAX-BOS to LAX-JFK-BOS, and then you know what to do from there...

Originally Posted by parzivalmx
I was returning back from this run yesterday and my flight from ATL>JFK got delayed because they were having software issues with the plane. I still had ATL>JFK>LAX left. They rebooked me into another ATL>LAX on main cabin. I did it trough an agent and she told me I should get the fare difference back (I did not use the app to rebook because of the disclaimer that no credit will be available if i select a lower class). Is this true? should they reimburse both legs? I only accepted the change because the other option was ....
Prepare for the fare difference to be zero or next to nothing.

This is because this was such a cheap D1 fare, and you got stranded and downgraded in ATL; so if they recalculate to ATL in D1, then main in Y ATL-LAX, you might owe them money!

Point is, it all depends on how they do the calculation. You want to tell them to use the historical fares in effect on day of purchase, and simply refund you the pro-rated difference between the lowest main fare and your fare historically, based on the distance you had to fly. That is best case for you.

Delta also generally offers a $200 downgrade voucher as a customer service gesture, especially given your issue was mechanical. However, it would have been best for you to request this at the gate/airport at time of rebooking, but you can also ask customer service for it when you make your refund request.

However, the only other option is NOT waiting for a fix. Hindsight is 20/20, so this is just advice...but any delay - but especially mechanical - is like a blank check from DL for rerouting.

You absolutely cannot rely on agents to properly reroute you. You need to find what you want, and kindly ask they rebook you on that specific itinerary.

If I were you and were trying to maximize mileage earnings on this fare, I would have asked for ATL to LGA or EWR, then a cab over to JFK for JFK-SEA-LAX, JFK-LAX, etc. Could have even done ATL-DCA-LAX or ATL-BOS-LAX with the latter segments for either routing in Delta One. Im certain the app had even wackier routings with more connections and better MQM earnings in First (not D1), but still better than ATL-LAX in a middle. NO WAY that I personally would have ever accepted that.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
There is not a requirement to be in the same PNR on Delta. As long as you have a same day arriving or departing Delta One flight, and you are connecting onward from or towards it, you get into the SkyClub.

If LAX-BOS is DeltaOne (for awhile, there was a red eye that was First) then yes, you get in at all connecting points that day, including BOS and even upon arrival in LGA.

If I were you, though, I would have not booked a basic ticket and rather SDCed LAX-BOS to LAX-JFK-BOS, and then you know what to do from there...

Prepare for the fare difference to be zero or next to nothing.

This is because this was such a cheap D1 fare, and you got stranded and downgraded in ATL; so if they recalculate to ATL in D1, then main in Y ATL-LAX, you might owe them money!

Point is, it all depends on how they do the calculation. You want to tell them to use the historical fares in effect on day of purchase, and simply refund you the pro-rated difference between the lowest main fare and your fare historically, based on the distance you had to fly. That is best case for you.

Delta also generally offers a $200 downgrade voucher as a customer service gesture, especially given your issue was mechanical. However, it would have been best for you to request this at the gate/airport at time of rebooking, but you can also ask customer service for it when you make your refund request.

However, the only other option is NOT waiting for a fix. Hindsight is 20/20, so this is just advice...but any delay - but especially mechanical - is like a blank check from DL for rerouting.

You absolutely cannot rely on agents to properly reroute you. You need to find what you want, and kindly ask they rebook you on that specific itinerary.

If I were you and were trying to maximize mileage earnings on this fare, I would have asked for ATL to LGA or EWR, then a cab over to JFK for JFK-SEA-LAX, JFK-LAX, etc. Could have even done ATL-DCA-LAX or ATL-BOS-LAX with the latter segments for either routing in Delta One. Im certain the app had even wackier routings with more connections and better MQM earnings in First (not D1), but still better than ATL-LAX in a middle. NO WAY that I personally would have ever accepted that.
You're right, at the moment I was not feeling very good, and just wanted to get to LAX, so I just searched for ATL-LAX. Never came to mind your options, but now I know for future cases.

So I contact them, they send me a Re-found email but it says Unable to Calculate Estimate. Good thing they gave a $500 voucher.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:08 pm

Play around with this one if you're looking to turn it into a mileage run (I'm at work at for some reason ita matrix is the ONLY website that is blocked here - so I can't do any research)

I'm doing BOS-LAX-MSP-ATL-LIM-ATL-JFK-LAX-BOS next month, and my ticket was $822. (In D1 BOX-LAX, ATL-LIM, LIM-ATL, JFK-LAX, LAX-BOS)
okazon69, Mailand and croberts5 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:25 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by pdxkat
Play around with this one if you're looking to turn it into a mileage run (I'm at work at for some reason ita matrix is the ONLY website that is blocked here - so I can't do any research)

I'm doing BOS-LAX-MSP-ATL-LIM-ATL-JFK-LAX-BOS next month, and my ticket was $822. (In D1 BOX-LAX, ATL-LIM, LIM-ATL, JFK-LAX, LAX-BOS)
Can't replicate. Wish I grabbed it earlier in the day. Lowest $1,980.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
I've messed with this over the months, and right now I can't get anything under $1000 with a stop in LAX. But, lots to possibilities if you route through SLC instead, or if you start in RDU instead of BOS.

UIO is also possible.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by eneq
I've messed with this over the months, and right now I can't get anything under $1000 with a stop in LAX. But, lots to possibilities if you route through SLC instead, or if you start in RDU instead of BOS.

UIO is also possible.
Here you go: BOS-UIO with stops in SLC, JFK, and ATL. $887 and 21.5k MQMs

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...T8yHfOYKSdH002
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by eneq
Here you go: BOS-UIO with stops in SLC, JFK, and ATL. $887 and 21.5k MQMs

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...T8yHfOYKSdH002
Matrix links don't work like that unfortunately
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by namekyd
Matrix links don't work like that unfortunately
Oops. Here's a screenshot then
croberts5 and jreejimenez like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by parzivalmx
You're right, at the moment I was not feeling very good, and just wanted to get to LAX, so I just searched for ATL-LAX. Never came to mind your options, but now I know for future cases.

So I contact them, they send me a Re-found email but it says Unable to Calculate Estimate. Good thing they gave a $500 voucher.
Yes, they automated refund email does frequently say unable to calculate estimate. You will want to call the Refunds Department when they are open and speak to an agent there; they will have to manually calculate it; and the best case for you is the calculation method I described in my last post.

Who gave you a $500 voucher? Was this an airport agent, and was it given to you for the downgrade from First Class to Main Cabin middle seat on ATL-LAX, or what? Was it a Delta voucher or a gift card email where you could select a gift card from multiple vendors? Thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:22 pm

Anyone able to get any these routes ticketed? I've tried about a dozen different routes/days (eg: BOS-LAX LAX-DTW DTW-ATL ATL-LIM on 9/18 for $524.50) and they all fail, either with an error or an updated fare price. Called Delta and they weren't able to see these route-price combos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.