Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Dl: Bos - lim $887 - limited availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl: Bos - lim $887 - limited availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I booked the Boston to Lima trip last August. I travel in March 2020.

I feel like I really screwed things up because my positioning flights from Idaho to Boston are crazy expensive. I ended up flying economy from Idaho to LAX to Boston and I spent about as much as the flights in first class to Lima.

This was a learning experience!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I booked the Boston to Lima trip last August. I travel in March 2020.

I feel like I really screwed things up because my positioning flights from Idaho to Boston are crazy expensive. I ended up flying economy from Idaho to LAX to Boston and I spent about as much as the flights in first class to Lima.

This was a learning experience!
When cash prices are expensive, it may be better to redeem an award.
rubey419 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by btonkid12345

Not quite. Atlanta to Bogota and back is NOT a Delta One route - it has only recently been operated with lie-flat equipment, and may receive the Tumi amenity kits, but the meal service will NOT be Delta One - it will be like Delta's other "Business Class" routes to South America.

That and the difference in flight time (plus cities and service level and things to do) make Lima much better than Bogota to me. But, ATL-LIM-ATL is Delta One, and ATL-BOG-ATL is NOT Delta One, but rather only operated with lie-flat equipment (so there are no cheese plates, no make your own ice cream sundaes, and only 1 meal service instead of 2).
Correct. I addressed this in my follow up post, I know the ATL connections are not true D1. I’m still happy with D1 on four domestic legs, and for 3.0 CPM no less.

I missed out on the Lima route due to scheduling, couldn’t be away from work from the dates I found sadly. The best value was a round trip for 0 nights at 3.2CPM. If I can find Lima again for dates I can travel, would love to experience D1 international

Last edited by rubey419; Nov 18, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Stupid and embarrassing question but it never stopped me before...when clearing customs in BOG and they ask why are you visiting, you just say "mileage run"?
I just say I’m visiting for pleasure. Never been asked to go into details.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:37 am

Hi do you know if this is still available and the best way to search and book ? Lima. Parameters : Max mile earning max time front of cabin

Better act quickly with this amazing deal!

This is the best valued mileage run I've seen yet. Just booked the single night turnaround for myself for only $738 round trip in January. This itinerary includes:
  • Z-class on all legs BOS to BOG
  • I-class on all legs BOG to BOS
  • D1 cabin on 7 out of 8 legs (bonus leg: 777-2LR with new D1 suite)
  • 23.8K MQM for 3.0 CPM
The short ATL-JFK flight includes the newly refurbished 777 with the D1 suite. Although the ATL connections are not "true" Delta One with full service and Tumi kits. ...I still much prefer over standard domestic first class any day!

Most of my Basic Economy mileage runs rarely go below 3.2 CPM, so starting off my 2020 status year with a sizable MQM margin is fantastic....and will actually be comfortable in the air for the entire run this time! [/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by dave9lax
Hi do you know if this is still available and the best way to search and book ? Lima. Parameters : Max mile earning max time front of cabin

Better act quickly with this amazing deal!

This is the best valued mileage run I've seen yet. Just booked the single night turnaround for myself for only $738 round trip in January. This itinerary includes:

• Z-class on all legs BOS to BOG
  • I-class on all legs BOG to BOS
  • D1 cabin on 7 out of 8 legs (bonus leg: 777-2LR with new D1 suite)
  • 23.8K MQM for 3.0 CPM
The short ATL-JFK flight includes the newly refurbished 777 with the D1 suite. Although the ATL connections are not "true" Delta One with full service and Tumi kits. ...I still much prefer over standard domestic first class any day!

Most of my Basic Economy mileage runs rarely go below 3.2 CPM, so starting off my 2020 status year with a sizable MQM margin is fantastic....and will actually be comfortable in the air for the entire run this time!
[/QUOTE]

This is available right now

Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
A 90 Min direct turnaround at midnight in Lima? Hope everythings works out...
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Looks like in on the 23rd and out on the 25th, so think they have 90 min + 24 hours?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by DCAFly
Looks like in on the 23rd and out on the 25th, so think they have 90 min + 24 hours?
No, it's out on the 24th and reaches final destination on the 25th. So this is a tough itinerary...
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by George84
No, it's out on the 24th and reaches final destination on the 25th. So this is a tough itinerary...
Sorry. As Home would say - DOH!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:45 am

You return on the same plane you came in on.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Silver
This is available right now

[/QUOTE]
I'm unable to replicate this fare. Did you start with ITA or get it direct from Delta?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pdxkat
You return on the same plane you came in on.
Yes, thats what i meant. Might cause some questions in Lima...who flies in there at midnight and returns 90 mins later? You got a maximum of 1 hour for deplaning and immigration. Doable if nothing goes wrog.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Yes, thats what i meant. Might cause some questions in Lima...who flies in there at midnight and returns 90 mins later? You got a maximum of 1 hour for deplaning and immigration. Doable if nothing goes wrog.
IME you can do a sterile transit in Lima w/o clearing customs or immigration. Just need to reclear security. The lines are also horrendous, I think it took me an hour or so when I did it a couple years ago.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by crjtraveler
IME you can do a sterile transit in Lima w/o clearing customs or immigration. Just need to reclear security. The lines are also horrendous, I think it took me an hour or so when I did it a couple years ago.
Just a data point. Did this run Monday night. Followed info I got off this thread and did not go through immigration. Look for the royal blue footsteps when they split off from the dark blue towards “International connections “. This led upstairs to a security area where there was no one in line and I was through in 2 minutes. Back through the duty free shopping and to the gate. It seriously took like 10 min total. The only question I got was from the woman doing the additional security check as I boarded the plane for the return. She asked how long I’d been in Peru and I said 90 minutes. LOL
The plane is old, but it’s lie flat and I thought the service was top notch.
Brandinho1, Pocatello and pdxkat like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.