Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM CMB-JFK/BOS ~$2k R/T

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Smile KLM CMB-JFK/BOS ~$2k R/T

Just booked KLM CMB-BOS Business class $2025 R/T. 1/10-3/25. Fare is about the same to JFK/ORD. Availability is spread out.

CMB-BOS 1/10-3/25
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
First off it's a Z fare on KLM so great earning on Delta...

On this fare you would earn...
RDMs 200% 39312
MQMs 150% 29484
MQDs 40% 7862

Just a heads up on CMB, lots of Travel Advisory from Foreign Office so if you have travel insurance make sure you are still covered if advisories are in effect.
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If only it worked in reverse (or I could figure out how)... I can pin down the one-way to NY in mid-January for ~1200 by itself, but can't seem to get out there in the first place without spending $4k+ to fly business.

Any thoughts?
HMPS likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ciscoopa
If only it worked in reverse (or I could figure out how)... I can pin down the one-way to NY in mid-January for ~1200 by itself, but can't seem to get out there in the first place without spending $4k+ to fly business.

Any thoughts?
International fares hardly ever work in reverse. Close to never.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jfkeze

Just a heads up on CMB, lots of Travel Advisory from Foreign Office so if you have travel insurance make sure you are still covered if advisories are in effect.
I get the US State Department STEP alerts for Sri Lanka. They raised it to Level 3 - Reconsider Travel on April 26. That also included ordering the departure of US Government school-age family members and voluntary departure of non-emergency employees and family members.

All travel involves risk. Weigh your options.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I get the US State Department STEP alerts for Sri Lanka. They raised it to Level 3 - Reconsider Travel on April 26. That also included ordering the departure of US Government school-age family members and voluntary departure of non-emergency employees and family members.

All travel involves risk. Weigh your options.
I'm not one to take warnings that seriously, it's just that I read in the UL thread that some UK travel insurance may not be valid if Travel Warnings are in the place... So it's more about that then anything else...
​​
Old May 2, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP

Any thoughts?
Similar predicament ! Usually in India for 45 days fromORD. Returns around Jan 30 to feb 15.

Could not find the one way for 1200. Link ?

In the past flew to Rome, 16 nights cruise to AUH, flew to Mumbai sub $ 1200 total . Gotta hit the right sale RCL, Princess, X.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by HMPS
Similar predicament ! Usually in India for 45 days fromORD. Returns around Jan 30 to feb 15.

Could not find the one way for 1200. Link ?

In the past flew to Rome, 16 nights cruise to AUH, flew to Mumbai sub $ 1200 total . Gotta hit the right sale RCL, Princess, X.
google /flights#flt=/m/0fn7r./m/02_286.2020-01-14;c:USD;e:1;a:SKYTEAM;sc:b;sd:1;t:f;tt
(i can't post URLs yet)

Pretty much every friday and tuesday (Excluding first tuesday of the month) from November on, and scattered tuesday/friday's between now and November.

Looking at prem ecconomy one-way outbound they have flights for low 800s on aerofloat on M/W/TH which books into A-class to SVO and M-class to CMB so not the best MQD ratio (though still > 1).

When I get some time I need to poke ITA and see if combining them into a single round trip is viable and the total price.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I lived in Singapore and traveled frequently within Sri Lanka during the civil war. During the war, I had just left the airport one night when it was an aerial bombing target and the CX commercial flight was almost mistakenly shot down by the Sri Lankan military. None of that phased me and convinced me not to return.

This is different, it is not tamil led violence. If you spent time there during the war, you’d have seen that the entire country is a soft target, the security capabilities were terrible and still are. Government warnings aside, my own guidance is that this is a different in a way that creates risk i cannot tolerate, definitely not for my family. I have pictures of us in front of many of the bombing targets and i can only imagine we might wind up at or near the next round of targets (should there be more). I don’t t have confidence in the sri lankan security authorities as to whether they have eliminated current risks or can protect against future risks.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:44 pm

google /flights#flt=/m/0fn7r./m/02_286.2020-01-14;c:USD;e:1;a:SKYTEAM;sc:b;sd:1;t:f;tt
(i can't post URLs yet)

Pretty much every friday and tuesday (Excluding first tuesday of the month) from November on, and scattered tuesday/friday's between now and November.

Looking at prem ecconomy one-way outbound they have flights for low 800s on aerofloat on M/W/TH which books into A-class to SVO and M-class to CMB so not the best MQD ratio (though still > 1).

When I get some time I need to poke ITA and see if combining them into a single round trip is viable and the total price.
Thank you. Your piece together idea is creative. Have never flown Aerofloat. Will try to find a TR !
Old May 2, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat
I booked a similar fare that was available a while ago (CMB-AUH-AMS-LAX) and was due to fly the day after the bombings. As I was in BKK at the time I heard about it, I called the KLM Platinum Service Desk and was rebooked, no problem. I would not want to fly via CMB if I could help it. It's terrible for the country that there's a resurgence of violence...

PS - if you're looking for a cheap way to get to CMB: Bangkok DMK to CMB is about 200 USD with Airasia,
Old May 2, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Thank you. Your piece together idea is creative. Have never flown Aerofloat. Will try to find a TR !
Here is my report from SVO-JFK in Y+ from 2 years ago
Old May 3, 2019, 10:43 am

Thank you.

Looks quite "flyable".

Now to see how to get to ORD-JFK, then to BOM ( maybe thru CMB) and back to BOM CMB ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.