FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1956996-dl-af-jfk-acc-la-premiere-first-2-798-a.html)

Gino Troian Feb 18, 2019 5:32 pm

DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798

Pretty killer deal for ex-US F. This is a DL-based fare that allows for AF codeshare.
Unfortunately, the only segment in F will be the transatlantic sector; the rest will be in business class.
You can fly both transatlantic segments on the 777 for a better F experience, however, you'll have to play around with the dates and times.

Note: 50 Day Advance Purchase required!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7cc7a0bcd7.png

MSPeconomist Feb 18, 2019 6:34 pm

The sample schedule would give lots of time to enjoy the AF FC Salon lounge at CDG in both directions. IIRC with an AF IFC ticket, one is entitled to use the FC lounge even if the onward connection is a flight with only business class.

flyerCO Feb 18, 2019 6:37 pm

How's is this SLC-ACC IN F at $4300 a deal? You list flights for JFK-ACC ibstead of SLC-ACC and even then only short JFK/CDG is in F.

Gino Troian Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 30794821)
How's is this SLC-ACC IN F at $4300 a deal? You list flights for JFK-ACC ibstead of SLC-ACC and even then only short JFK/CDG is in F.

I updated the thread title and fare - not sure if everything has caught up/updated yet. The original post was SLC-ACC via LAX JFK and CDG (lots of miles) for $4,300 which is still a pretty good deal IMO, but the JFK fare is MUCH better @ $2,700.

YGeorgeW Feb 18, 2019 6:43 pm

I can't seem to be able to find this outside of Google flights. Do I need to call or something? AF's own website is only letting me search for J (when I select F it takes me to a J result). Anyone else having any luck?

Gino Troian Feb 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by YGeorgeW (Post 30794834)
I can't seem to be able to find this outside of Google flights. Do I need to call or something? AF's own website is only letting me search for J (when I select F it takes me to a J result). Anyone else having any luck?

I'm not going to book this fare, but I've had success pricing this out by using ITA Matrix, BookWithMatrix, and "paying" via Priceline.

cfischer Feb 18, 2019 7:21 pm

it's a good fare for sure. Nice layover in CDG. Would go for it if it was a BOS fare ... and ... is it bookable? Looks like a Z-class fare to me.

YGeorgeW Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm

I don't think it's bookable unfortunately. I tried Priceline (sorry, don't have enough posts to post the images yet), but when you click continue to checkout, you get an error. Delta and FlightNetwork gave me Z-class fares.

cfischer Feb 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by YGeorgeW (Post 30794979)
I don't think it's bookable unfortunately. I tried Priceline (sorry, don't have enough posts to post the images yet), but when you click continue to checkout, you get an error. Delta and FlightNetwork gave me Z-class fares.

agreed. This is likely a Matrix Display error and not bookable.

NYC Flyer Feb 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by YGeorgeW (Post 30794979)

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 30794983)
agreed. This is likely a Matrix Display error and not bookable.

I tried to book this 6-7 weeks ago for a client at an even lower price. It is an error on Matrix/Google. The fare is indeed a business class (Z) fare and fare rules do not permit seating in F.

Gino Troian Feb 18, 2019 8:08 pm

I was able to price out the fare and select seats via Expedia - do you think if I were to go through and confirm purchase, they would modify the booking to J on the F leg?

freed0m Feb 18, 2019 8:32 pm

price it out on priceline with KLM legs to/from ACC, lie flat, better than AF

https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...id=11554367SID

NYC Flyer Feb 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian (Post 30795066)
I was able to price out the fare and select seats via Expedia - do you think if I were to go through and confirm purchase, they would modify the booking to J on the F leg?

Either it will get caught during ticketing, it will get flagged sometime up to and including check-in and you’ll be downgraded, or you’ll fly in F and DL will issue a debit memo to Expedia later on. There are no F fares filed by DL in the market, and flying F on the transatlantic segments would either require a fare-break in PAR or maybe a manually priced itinerary by Delta's pricing desk.

I think issue is related to A class being a permitted booking inventory in the fare rules—of course this is intended to let pax sit in premium economy if Z is sold out, not first class (and for some reason certain booking channels are reading this as an upgrade to first class, which A has been associated with historically).

If Being downgraded to the DL “Z”, or DL “A” if Z is sold out, is acceptable if the error is caught, and/or you don’t mind potential back and forth with AF and/or Expedia over the ticket, there’s nothing to lose.

Keter Feb 18, 2019 10:51 pm

I would not be so sure... Some fare coding bugs are specific to certain GDSs (sometime the fare text does not correspond to the coding made [and thus to how it actually works] for example). The agent has no responsibility over those, GDS may be responsible I guess depending on the arrangements with an airline..

Keter Feb 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Seems like the fare differential is missing for an upgrade from Z to F, but I do not know why (and if this is bookable of course). And the reason why the fare differential is low (when it is added, USD 1,237) is probably that this Z fare is an 'unrestricted' one.