FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   DL/AF JFK-ACC "La Première / First" $2,798 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1956996-dl-af-jfk-acc-la-premiere-first-2-798-a.html)

NYC Flyer Feb 18, 2019 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 30795413)
I would not be so sure... Some fare coding bugs are specific to certain GDSs (sometime the fare text does not correspond to the coding made [and thus to how it actually works] for example). The agent has no responsibility over those, GDS may be responsible I guess depending on the arrangements with an airline..

Yes, if the GDS is in error, the agency would not be responsible for an auto-priced ticket. I really think what's going on here is some kind of mistake in mapping booking class codes across DL/AF. (A is first on AF and premium econ on DL) It would be interesting if someone can produce a seat assignment for a successfully booked reservation showing seats in AF's first class cabin. When I tried to book this (using Sabre) weeks ago, it priced in business accurately.

dval44 Feb 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Just as a small data point - I have seen MANY good AF F fares via Google Flights that I've clicked into and then they are not bookable.

Like many in the $2-4k range that end up unbookable.

Only AF, never another airline. So I'd be wary of a seemingly great AF fare until someone reports back as having booked it.

Just my 2 cents

Keter Feb 19, 2019 12:45 am

Originally Posted by dval44 (Post 30795518)
Just as a small data point - I have seen MANY good AF F fares via Google Flights that I've clicked into and then they are not bookable.

Like many in the $2-4k range

Thats another story, DL P fares which are PE. This seems a buggy Z fare.

BTW i recall DL is using Martix, so even if it is just an ITA bug rather than a GDS bug you WILL be able to book this via DL (ie ITA powertools).

rotatev2 Feb 19, 2019 4:50 am

Originally Posted by dval44 (Post 30795518)

Like many in the $2-4k range that end up unbookable.

Only AF, never another airline. So I'd be wary of a seemingly great AF fare until someone reports back as having booked it.

Just my 2 cents

I've seen the same thing searching ex-WAS, there is a ~2800 fare that always pops up for AF F to DXB via CDG. It usually reprices to 10k when you try checkout on Google Flights.

MSPeconomist Feb 19, 2019 6:25 am

Until every recently A was a discount (or even deep discount) domestic FC fare class and booking class on DL. In addition, often international Z and I fares would book into A for domestic connecting segments in FC. Similar classes would be G (lower than A) and P (higher than A and included some refundable fares, but F was refundable unrestricted last-seat-availability domestic FC).

IIRC AF uses P for IFC and maybe also A for discount IFC. Certain other international carriers do this too.

Gino Troian Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am

So it's been proven it's possible to assign seats in F, but has anyone booked this? This is not like the WAS/DAL-DXB AF flight that always comes up on GF (which is 100% mapping error) - it's DL-coded and bookable by online travel agent.

Sauraigne Feb 19, 2019 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian (Post 30797474)
So it's been proven it's possible to assign seats in F, but has anyone booked this? This is not like the WAS/DAL-DXB AF flight that always comes up on GF (which is 100% mapping error) - it's DL-coded and bookable by online travel agent.

When it comes to AF - and only AF - from all experience we have here (and me personally), you will get downgraded, you will have your ticket cancelled, and you will spend at least half a year to get your money back.
Special fares on Air France is no-go, waste of time.

ranskis Feb 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sauraigne (Post 30797607)
When it comes to AF - and only AF - from all experience we have here (and me personally), you will get downgraded, you will have your ticket cancelled, and you will spend at least half a year to get your money back.

That's more or less true from my experience. However in the past, they played very fairly with the MXP FRA and KEF BKK J fares, I had a lot of fun with them :)

Sauraigne Feb 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis (Post 30798713)
That's more or less true from my experience. However in the past, they played very fairly with the MXP FRA and KEF BKK J fares, I had a lot of fun with them :)

They have a real focus on keeping their F exclusive, apart from J. Considering we are speaking about a french company, that's their spirit though :)

cfischer Feb 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sauraigne (Post 30797607)

just that this is not an AF fare so it is entirely irrelevant here. If there is a problem, then DL needs to sort it out. It would be interesting to see if this tickets ... not available from BOS so I am not tempted to try it.

Last year we flew BOS-JFK-BIO r/t in F-class on AF for $2600, so it is not complete out of the realm of 'fare sales', but the Z booking into F in kind of weird.

flyerCO Feb 20, 2019 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Gino Troian (Post 30794828)
I updated the thread title and fare - not sure if everything has caught up/updated yet. The original post was SLC-ACC via LAX JFK and CDG (lots of miles) for $4,300 which is still a pretty good deal IMO, but the JFK fare is MUCH better @ $2,700.

I see the updated info. My point on price was that only the short JFK/CDG flights are in F. I was assuming you left out a SLC/JFK domestic flight. Even being in domestic US F (really called business elsewhere in world) would've meant you were basically paying 4300 for J basically the vast majority of trip.

torontochinese Feb 20, 2019 5:26 am

is this bookable? no booking options on GF.

ijgordon Feb 20, 2019 6:13 am

Originally Posted by torontochinese (Post 30800732)

Have you read the thread? :confused:

Gino Troian Feb 20, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by torontochinese (Post 30800732)

Yes... and no... :)

Oxymore Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 30799089)
Last year we flew BOS-JFK-BIO r/t in F-class on AF for $2600, so it is not complete out of the realm of 'fare sales', but the Z booking into F in kind of weird.

In F? How did I miss that one!? Was it posted here?