Search

Aa: Lax-bkk $2392

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Aa: Lax-bkk $2392

https://flights.app.goo.gl/7RLrp

Looks like wide availability, but not available at that price for OW Partners. Can fly JL w/ AA flight numbers.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: American, Air France
this deal may not be valid

The ad is phony. I tried to buy the package via AA vacation yesterday for 5/7 -5/28 travel from LAX to BKK, but when I clicked on purchase to complete the transaction it errored out. The AA agent could not book it either. She told me that Japan airlines could not sell at that price and asked me to pay full published price instead. Does anyone have any similar experience?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by zblacktiger
The ad is phony. I tried to buy the package via AA vacation yesterday for 5/7 -5/28 travel from LAX to BKK, but when I clicked on purchase to complete the transaction it errored out. The AA agent could not book it either. She told me that Japan airlines could not sell at that price and asked me to pay full published price instead. Does anyone have any similar experience?
Huh? Just book it on aa.com
E55 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:01 pm

Great to hear that it works today. I had to buy the LAX to Kuala Lumpur package instead.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great to hear that it works today. I had to buy the LAX to Kuala Lumpur package instead.
How did you get a package to KUL? I can't find it on the AA vacations site.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:42 pm

You can call in and ask them to wave the booking fee since there is a problem with the web. I emailed them about this issue and AA advised me to call in. Btw, either LAX-BKK or LAX-KUL packages costs only about $2100 with 3 nights of 3 star hotel. Thus, it is $300 more expensive for ticket only.
E55 and Barkinpark like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
There is an underlying I class fare INX08DN1 for the 2392 price. Can be on either JL or AA metal across the pacific. Taking the AA 77W is a decent option as you can SWU yourself in to F really easily on LAX-HKG.

DAY/TIME PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)

By the way, those $1200 ex-China fares were just the first crack in premium cabin performance for AA. $2k ex-USA fares to deep SE Asia are a big indicator that AA on other Asia routes as well.
E55 and jaytmoore like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What are the parameters of this fare?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by xslash10x
Huh? Just book it on aa.com
every flight I choose at the fare - as soon as I select it tells me "it is no longer available at that fare: or... lets me choose the rt then gives me same error message
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
AA well know bugs, try again later.
estnet likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Originally Posted by stephem
There is an underlying I class fare INX08DN1 for the 2392 price. Can be on either JL or AA metal across the pacific. Taking the AA 77W is a decent option as you can SWU yourself in to F really easily on LAX-HKG.
Would book JAL J than using SWU AA F.

Originally Posted by stephem
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)
excellent idea! 👍
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Bacai
Would book JAL J than using SWU AA F.
If flying on JL metal you would not be able to use an AA SWU to upgrade to F.

Regards
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:29 am

Btw, either LAX-BKK or LAX-KUL packages costs only about $2100 with 3 nights of 3 star hotel. Thus, it is $300 more expensive for ticket only.
Do you mind showing us the dates, flights and the hotel? I couldn't find a lower fare with any hotels.

Also, with the hotel combo, does the fare class remain the same?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by scubadu
If flying on JL metal you would not be able to use an AA SWU to upgrade to F.

Regards

I believe they are saying they would rather fly in JL J than AA F.

I am inclined to agree if it was the JL J "suites."
E55 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Is it possible to squeeze in a stopover in Tokyo?

I would like to transit in HND as it's closer to town than NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.