FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Aa: Lax-bkk $2392 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1955807-aa-lax-bkk-2392-a.html)

frebay Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Aa: Lax-bkk $2392

https://flights.app.goo.gl/7RLrp

Looks like wide availability, but not available at that price for OW Partners. Can fly JL w/ AA flight numbers.

zblacktiger Feb 11, 2019 4:37 pm

this deal may not be valid

The ad is phony. I tried to buy the package via AA vacation yesterday for 5/7 -5/28 travel from LAX to BKK, but when I clicked on purchase to complete the transaction it errored out. The AA agent could not book it either. She told me that Japan airlines could not sell at that price and asked me to pay full published price instead. Does anyone have any similar experience?

xslash10x Feb 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by zblacktiger (Post 30766557)
The ad is phony. I tried to buy the package via AA vacation yesterday for 5/7 -5/28 travel from LAX to BKK, but when I clicked on purchase to complete the transaction it errored out. The AA agent could not book it either. She told me that Japan airlines could not sell at that price and asked me to pay full published price instead. Does anyone have any similar experience?

Huh? Just book it on aa.com

zblacktiger Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Great to hear that it works today. I had to buy the LAX to Kuala Lumpur package instead.

sidthesquid Feb 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by zblacktiger (Post 30766768)
Great to hear that it works today. I had to buy the LAX to Kuala Lumpur package instead.

How did you get a package to KUL? I can't find it on the AA vacations site.

zblacktiger Feb 11, 2019 7:42 pm

You can call in and ask them to wave the booking fee since there is a problem with the web. I emailed them about this issue and AA advised me to call in. Btw, either LAX-BKK or LAX-KUL packages costs only about $2100 with 3 nights of 3 star hotel. Thus, it is $300 more expensive for ticket only.

stephem Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm

There is an underlying I class fare INX08DN1 for the 2392 price. Can be on either JL or AA metal across the pacific. Taking the AA 77W is a decent option as you can SWU yourself in to F really easily on LAX-HKG.

DAY/TIME PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)

By the way, those $1200 ex-China fares were just the first crack in premium cabin performance for AA. $2k ex-USA fares to deep SE Asia are a big indicator that AA on other Asia routes as well.

MegatopLover Feb 11, 2019 8:39 pm

What are the parameters of this fare?

estnet Feb 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x (Post 30766699)
Huh? Just book it on aa.com

every flight I choose at the fare - as soon as I select it tells me "it is no longer available at that fare: or... lets me choose the rt then gives me same error message :(

Bacai Feb 11, 2019 9:40 pm

AA well know bugs, try again later.

Bacai Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 30767156)
There is an underlying I class fare INX08DN1 for the 2392 price. Can be on either JL or AA metal across the pacific. Taking the AA 77W is a decent option as you can SWU yourself in to F really easily on LAX-HKG.

Would book JAL J than using SWU AA F.

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 30767156)
The AAvacations route does indeed get you a few hundred off, which you can spend $129 of the savings on a predeparture waiver and convert this well-priced nonrefundable fare into a refundable one ;-)

excellent idea! 👍

scubadu Feb 12, 2019 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Bacai (Post 30767352)
Would book JAL J than using SWU AA F.

If flying on JL metal you would not be able to use an AA SWU to upgrade to F.

Regards

Barkinpark Feb 12, 2019 8:29 am

Originally Posted by zblacktiger (Post 30767047)
Btw, either LAX-BKK or LAX-KUL packages costs only about $2100 with 3 nights of 3 star hotel. Thus, it is $300 more expensive for ticket only.

Do you mind showing us the dates, flights and the hotel? I couldn't find a lower fare with any hotels.

Also, with the hotel combo, does the fare class remain the same?

nachosdelux Feb 12, 2019 8:32 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 30768334)
If flying on JL metal you would not be able to use an AA SWU to upgrade to F.

Regards

I believe they are saying they would rather fly in JL J than AA F.

I am inclined to agree if it was the JL J "suites."

Barkinpark Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am

Is it possible to squeeze in a stopover in Tokyo?

I would like to transit in HND as it's closer to town than NRT.