Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: LAX/SFO/JFK/ORD/MIA/DFW/IAH to UIO from $840 and earn up-to 3227 MQDs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: LAX/SFO/JFK/ORD/MIA/DFW/IAH to UIO from $840 and earn up-to 3227 MQDs!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Seems that to be safe with Delta:
A) Keep email confirmation with I fare
B) Keep boarding passes if needed (or take photos with phone)
C) Be ready to fight if they don't post correctly....
Still Aeromexico is the best way for American based flyers to collect MQDs at a favorable rate
Unfortunately have not been able to get @Delta to give me the correct credit for the QHNN6XOS fare flown recently to SCL. Have been trying for over a month. And I am a multi-year Diamond, and almost 2 million miler. They insist that this is a "Q" fare, not an "I class" fare despite my giving them the complete ITA Software fare information, boarding passes, tickets with "CONFORT" as Fare Family, AeroMexico confirming it is an "I class" fare, etc.

Still trying to get it fixed, but not very hopeful. Any suggestions on how to escalate?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by JimboG
Unfortunately have not been able to get @Delta to give me the correct credit for the QHNN6XOS fare flown recently to SCL. Have been trying for over a month. And I am a multi-year Diamond, and almost 2 million miler. They insist that this is a "Q" fare, not an "I class" fare despite my giving them the complete ITA Software fare information, boarding passes, tickets with "CONFORT" as Fare Family, AeroMexico confirming it is an "I class" fare, etc.

Still trying to get it fixed, but not very hopeful. Any suggestions on how to escalate?
I wish I had advice but I had a similar fare correctly credit (SFO-UIO) I believe automatically. It's annoying to hear that this is incorrectly happening to people, especially after the similar VS fiasco. Let me know if I can provide any useful info.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
To be honest, how about going Nuclear? DOT escalation. It might not be in their jurisdiction but it could be a real escalation
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:51 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by JimboG

How did Aeremexico confirm it is I class?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:58 am

I called them. Also their web site clearly lists Fare Family "CONFORT" as I/D, and the ticket receipt lists the Fare Family as "CONFORT". I also confirmed by checking Matrix ITA for the fare, which is clear that it books as Business(I).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:02 pm

I found an example of a Delta fare where the first letter of the Fare Code does not match the Fare/Booking class. Outbound Feb 28, ORD-UIO, returning March 5, UIO-ORD in Business. Delta's site offers a First Class ticket with outbound in I and return in Z, with 150% MQM accrual (total 8884), which is correct for I/Z. But the Fare Codes are: UNNA0NFW (outbound) and TNNA8UFW (return). Note I/Z don't appear anywhere in the fare codes, let alone in their first letters! Per Delta's logic, these fare codes would be considered U/T class fares, and earn 100% MQMs, which is not correct even as per Delta's booking site!

Is this something that is common for fares to South America? And most agents don't understand this?
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

These fares are still around... just $70 more in some cases....

MCO-UIO $966 12900 RDMs 9675 MQMs 2580 MQDs Ratio 2.67

JFK-UIO $940 16136 RDMs 12102 MQMs 3227 MQDs Ratio 3.43

LAX-UIO $919 13988 RDMs 10491 MQMs 2797 MQDs Ratio 3.04

ORD-UIO $921 14516 RDMs 10887 MQMs 2903 MQDs Ratio 3.15

SFO-UIO $950 15300 RDMs 11475 MQMs 3060 MQDs Ratio 3.22
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:57 pm

Also available exYYZ for around 840(usd).

737 all the way.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Also available exYYZ for around 840(usd).

737 all the way.
Yeap, excluding the once a day JFK 787 rotation, all of North America is 737 territory. Also, I guess we could exclude the Aeromexico Connect flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.