Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
Any sample dates for EOS or close? I am seeking August 2019 ideally for our honeymoon - thank you!
Where are you looking to depart from (or where are you located) and are you looking for late July / early August or fully in August?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:09 am

Any sample dates for EOS or close? I am seeking August 2019 ideally for our honeymoon - thank you!
I was seeing that price towards EOS. Pretty much any date after May or so. At least the dates I tried I had success. Best luck was routing via PHL-DTW/BOS/ATL-CDG/AMS-NBO.

Last edited by alexj7; Sep 13, 2018 at 5:21 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by nickohrn
Where are you looking to depart from (or where are you located) and are you looking for late July / early August or fully in August?
We are in Vancouver so anything likely will result in a position except Seattle which we could drive to.

Cheers,
Mark
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:16 am

We are in Vancouver so anything likely will result in a position except Seattle which we could drive to.

Cheers,
Mark
There are lots of options at the end of schedule depending on where you want to position to and how many connections you can stomach (and if there are any particular planes you want to fly on). I found good pricing on the west coast from SLC, OAK, SJC, and more depending on the date. If you wanted to fly to the middle of the United States, you could try to fly from DTW and get on the A350-900 both ways for a couple of hundred dollars more.

For the dates July 19 to Aug 1, I found the following for $4,297.57 for two people (for example):

SLC - AMS - CPT on KLM 787-9 and 777-300ER, respectively, with a long layover in Amsterdam
CPT - AMS - SLC on KLM 777-200 and 787-9, respectively

You really just have to play with the dates, I've found, to find something that will price out. It is definitely around.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:46 pm

Anyone actually book these yet and fly? I booked a reservation and it ticketed almost immediately. Was able to select seats on Delta.com. However, expedia ended up charging me a bit less that quoted and the pending charge hasn't gone through over 12 hours later.

Even though I have ticket confirmations I'm worried expedia messed up something and won't honor this. Or will come back to collect the additional money between what they charged and quoted ($400 per ticket).
nickohrn likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by alexj7
Anyone actually book these yet and fly? I booked a reservation and it ticketed almost immediately. Was able to select seats on Delta.com. However, expedia ended up charging me a bit less that quoted and the pending charge hasn't gone through over 12 hours later.

Even though I have ticket confirmations I'm worried expedia messed up something and won't honor this. Or will come back to collect the additional money between what they charged and quoted ($400 per ticket).
I wouldn't worry. I booked a similar package deal before with an extremely deep discount off of the retail fares. The pending charge took three business days to post. Enjoy your vacation!
alexj7 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:20 pm

I don't understand how people are finding these fares... Looking for about a 2 week trip from IAD/BWI/DCA or as near there as possible, to JNB (preferred) or CPT anytime in May, June (preferred), July or August. I've spent hours on Expedia trying different combinations of days, departure airports, and number of hotel nights. Still nothing under around $3500/person. Anyway to narrow this down to find the better fares? For example - have people found fares are better on certain days or dates or departure airports?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum

Originally Posted by lksmwr
I don't understand how people are finding these fares... Looking for about a 2 week trip from IAD/BWI/DCA or as near there as possible, to JNB (preferred) or CPT anytime in May, June (preferred), July or August. I've spent hours on Expedia trying different combinations of days, departure airports, and number of hotel nights. Still nothing under around $3500/person. Anyway to narrow this down to find the better fares? For example - have people found fares are better on certain days or dates or departure airports?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
$2600 per person in business from DTW, outbound on A350, to CPT. One night in random hotel. Random 2 week trip in June. You could use this as a starting point and search for airports closer to DC.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:55 am

Thank you mchangmd. Yes, I see now that that fare and lower is readily available from DTW to CPT on multiple dates, but trying ATL, JFK, and others or changing CPT to JNB results in the higher fares of $3500+ again. At least the DTW to CPT might work for some people...

Anyone seen good fares to JNB? Trying to avoid positioning from WAS to DTW both directions, as well as from CPT to JNB both directions as then it starts not to make sense time/$ wise.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Tried to book today PSP-NBO w/1 night hotel and gave euros when booking but worked with Travelocity.com. Not sure if an Expedia computer problem or my issue (in NZ). Therefore still alive from other US cities to Africa. 2 people Jan 12-19 with 1 night at Intercontinental on 1/18 $4650. Routed on Air France from SEA.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:00 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Has anyone used Expedia's "Travel Waiver" program for this? Is it a smart move? Would you keep your Delta credit if you had to cancel?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:25 pm

Thanks. Are those rules for the expedia fare? How did you find them?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
If Expedia wont' do it, then it can't be done. It's a special fare, not a published one.

However, the fare rules state the following. Good luck!

08.STOPOVERS

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT ONLY AT THE GATEWAY LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT USD 50.00. 1 FREE IN EACH DIRECTION 1 IN EACH DIRECTION AT USD 50.00. AND - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT AT USD 100.00 EACH.
Thanks. Are those rules for the expedia fare? If so, how did you find them?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by tiger_atl
Thanks. Are those rules for the expedia fare? If so, how did you find them?
Yes, they are. They can be obtained by clicking on one of the links on the checkout page called fare restrictions and policies or something similar .
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Yes, they are. They can be obtained by clicking on one of the links on the checkout page called fare restrictions and policies or something similar .
Got it, thanks Still can't find anyplace to do a multistop search though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.