Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF/KL: NYC/ORD-DPS/KUL/SIN/HKG $2400 usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF/KL: NYC/ORD-DPS/KUL/SIN/HKG $2400 usd

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by DCANW
Awesome, thanks for posting. As a newbie, I'm trying to figure out where I should credit for the purpose of reaching status quickly. I currently have zero status with any skyteam partner. Rather than just looking at the amount of points, anyone have any thoughts on which program would be best to credit to for quicker elite status with SkyTeam?
If you have elite status with another alliance then you might consider doing a Delta challenge: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ve-thread.html
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:16 am

I don't have Amex Platinum, but SPG Business...is there any offer? I am totally new to Amex.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
In for one ewr-atl-ams-sin-ams-atl-ewr 9300+ MQD, 35k+ MQM, 74k+ RDM for $2400 all in lie flats. I'll take it.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by angra
In for one ewr-atl-ams-sin-ams-atl-ewr 9300+ MQD, 35k+ MQM, 74k+ RDM for $2400 all in lie flats. I'll take it.
Does Delta cap mileage earning on parters at 75K RDM or is that just for Delta metal? Curious as I play with routings.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by langbr01
Does Delta cap mileage earning on parters at 75K RDM or is that just for Delta metal? Curious as I play with routings.
Good question. Also If anyone can put up a GF link ( or display the routing and dates ) to their bookings. This is a great deal and need an alternative to QR and UA for frequent flyer programs.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I found mine via matrix rather than GF, and it didn't last long. In fact I was unable to complete the booking (got an error at the payment stage), and then when I repeated the search on matrix the routing was gone. But the ticket stuck around in limbo on my account and the next day when I noticed it was still there, I called in to ask about the status and the diamond line said that they could book it.

I don't know about the RDM cap as applied to partners. I was mostly optimizing for MQD with a secondary of MQM, and a tertiary of avoiding regional jets.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
This is an awesome deal, but had to do some legwork to get it to book. I couldn't book thru on the AF/KLM websites. AF would say "error occurred" after entering pax info, and KLM's website would would bring the price up to $5k+ at final checkout.

However - was able to book using Amex's travel website at ~$2500 without problems.

FYI - for those based in the midwest planning to position to NYC, then going NYC - KUL/SIN, try putting in EWR/LGA as the final leg to get routing via MSP or DTW.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Booked 2 JFK-AMS-SIN-DPS round trip in J for $2366 each -- what a deal!

By my calculations this should translate to 33,645 MQM; 8972 MQD; 62,804 RDM.

I used my Amex Platinum Card, so that should give me 23,656 Amex miles with the 5x program.

The icing on the cake is that I bought one ticket on the KLM site and one ticket on the Air France site. That should qualify me for 2 20,000 mile bonuses.

What a Deal!!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM DL MM
Ty to op for this post! Booked HKG on AF and got me a nice layover at AMS. Much appreciated - fantastic deal!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:04 am

Trying to find this for JFK-DPS through Amex travel for November (which appears to be legit per the fare rules) and sticking to the midweek out/in days described in the fare rules, but I keep getting a price around $9200, there or with GF. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Last edited by laxrdu; Jun 18, 2018 at 9:07 am Reason: more info
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:32 am

Update -- did find 2 dates in Nov that work for JFK-DPS, so it's doable in that time frame
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Couldn't manage to force ATL on any dates from any NYC airport - any advice on figuring out availability?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by krypttohk
Couldn't manage to force ATL on any dates from any NYC airport - any advice on figuring out availability?
try putting ewr/lga as a starting point
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Looks like fare gone. Ended up just getting JFK-AMS-SIN-DPS. Had a much more exciting itinerary through ATL and DTW and FRA for 25.5k miles, but the phone agent couldn't price it, and while the facebook agent priced it, it took them 4 hours to respond to my confirmation I wanted it, and availability went away. Probably should have tried HUCA on the phone agents.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
I believe it expired yesterday. I remember seeing something about a 6/19 expiration date in the fare rules for the JFK-DPS flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.