Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Qatar Business: ALG-PEK CAD$2009 USD$1543

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k

Croupier likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
More information please! Flights, Dates, Farebase, Farerules etc.
Your link brings up a price of CAD 2012 and not CAD 1500 as in your title!
And it would be good to use the local currency or some of the bigger Currencies as EUR / USD / GBP / etc. "$" in the title could stand for several currencies!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I have updated the title with both USD and CAD.
It is standard and past practice in the MR forum that the use of $ without any modifying text means US Dollars.
The google flight link is sufficient.
There is no requirement to post fare rules, dates, or other details, although that is helpful.
You can see the rules of posting in the Premium Fare Forum here: 🔺🔴Premium Fare Deals Forum Rules🔴🔺

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:09 am

I think it’s stuck around this level since Jan when I booked a return for £730. Would recommend you read up on transit prior to pulling the trigger
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by surbiton_flyer
I think it’s stuck around this level since Jan when I booked a return for £730. Would recommend you read up on transit prior to pulling the trigger
I remember that £700+ fare. Nearly bought it. Would be nice to see it again.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
ALG is all very well as a starting point, but you would do as well to read this information prior to spending any money !

Also bear in mind that if you're a first-time visitor to the country then they are likely to grant you a single-entry visa only, which means you may have problems boarding one or more of your return flights...

ALG is all well and good but needs some careful thought !!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Just flew ALG CAN ALG this May, i got it quitte cheaper on January also, about $1.100 USD and PEK was cheaper. ALG CAN just use a TWOV since my fly arrive about 12.20 and the conecting fly was about 15.10. In my way back had to stay for a day so got a visa. I flew from London Gatwick so my experience is from this trip.

Here are some tips.

1.- GET A VISA!!! or get to the airport with a lot of time, on LGW the agent (first class boarding OWE) tolt me that is really dificult for them to allow boarding if you dont have visa, this was since i didnt want to put my visa number since it was a single entry. So if you TWOV the will problably have to make you sign something.

2.- Check that your pasaport have over 6 month left in any minute of your fly. Mine had only 5 month and 2 weeks in our way back, even flying with visa from CAN - ALG this was a problem on boarding. Had to sign something and toke me like 90 minutes.

3.- If you are using a TWOV, tell the agent on your departure airport before ALG, to put a note on your ticket, this way someone at the airport will pick you up before security. If not, just go to the security an ask for a TWOV, the will call someone to help you, will take some extra time but not to long. Print your tickets from ALG to your next destination !!!!

4.- If you are entering ALG do not take Drone with you, i had one in my carry on and they toke it for my and lef on the airport, also security will call to some kind of Detective that will ask you a lot about your trip. If you dont need it, dont take it.... If you need it, put it on your checked bags and see if you are lucky.

5.- As you read on point 1 and 2 agents from other airport are crazy with rules about you flying to ALG, but on the airport they are really nice, dont had any kind of problems with my TWOV or with my under 6 month pasaport.

6.- VIP LOUNGE SUCK !!!!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Just flew ALG CAN ALG this May, i got it quitte cheaper on January also, about $1.100 USD and PEK was cheaper. ALG CAN just use a TWOV since my fly arrive about 12.20 and the conecting fly was about 15.10. In my way back had to stay for a day so got a visa. I flew from London Gatwick so my experience is from this trip.

Here are some tips.

1.- GET A VISA!!! or get to the airport with a lot of time, on LGW the agent (first class boarding OWE) tolt me that is really dificult for them to allow boarding if you dont have visa, this was since i didnt want to put my visa number since it was a single entry. So if you TWOV the will problably have to make you sign something.

2.- Check that your pasaport have over 6 month left in any minute of your fly. Mine had only 5 month and 2 weeks in our way back, even flying with visa from CAN - ALG this was a problem on boarding. Had to sign something and toke me like 90 minutes.

3.- If you are using a TWOV, tell the agent on your departure airport before ALG, to put a note on your ticket, this way someone at the airport will pick you up before security. If not, just go to the security an ask for a TWOV, the will call someone to help you, will take some extra time but not to long. Print your tickets from ALG to your next destination !!!!

4.- If you are entering ALG do not take Drone with you, i had one in my carry on and they toke it for my and lef on the airport, also security will call to some kind of Detective that will ask you a lot about your trip. If you dont need it, dont take it.... If you need it, put it on your checked bags and see if you are lucky.

5.- As you read on point 1 and 2 agents from other airport are crazy with rules about you flying to ALG, but on the airport they are really nice, dont had any kind of problems with my TWOV or with my under 6 month pasaport.

6.- VIP LOUNGE SUCK !!!!
Thanks for this Pabloco, much appreciated. I had made up my mind not to go via ALG as seemed too much trouble. I would however save over 2k so after reading this I might well do it. One big downside, I would have 6 hours at the airport and after reading point 6, it doesn' t seem like it will be much fun.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO

Here are some tips.

6.- VIP LOUNGE SUCK !!!!
Ok it sounds like we booked he same deal! Glad to hear that somebody else has managed it from LGW as that’s the exact plan I have with a day in algiers on the way back. Was the Business class ALG-DOH busy?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
ALG DOH was on A330 with 30 seat and about 20 where taken, this plane had the new A330 config and seats. On the DOH ALG we had a 24 seat plane with a weird config, 3 rows in the front a galery then 1 row and then economy (i havent seen that one on Seatguru). In that about 14 of the 18 first seat where taken, didnt see the last row.

You will save a lot of money, i save about 800 usd each ($1600 total) from flying to London direct to Guangzhou.....It was about 1250 each but after paying the LGW ALG ticket was about 450 for Biz. Besides you had the chance to fly Qatar J that is just in other level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.