Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Black Friday 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:42 am

So no love for the non-Scandinavians again?

This is why I have to rely on "error" fares.
SEA-Flyer and Great_circle like this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
As someone living in CDG who occasionally re-positions for a good long haul deal., it is my experience that CDG has higher airfares than those places you mention. for those five cities you mention (plus one you didn't, BRU), I'd rank them as this for finding good long haul deals:

1) OSL
2) ARN
3) CPH
big gap
4) BRU
5) AMS
another gap, not quite as big
6) CDG
Nice analysis. I always wondered why the capital city of one of the world's highest per capita income country has low premium fares - shouldn't it be the other way round?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Nice analysis. I always wondered why the capital city of one of the world's highest per capita income country has low premium fares - shouldn't it be the other way round?
I don't think Scandinavians care for frills, wow, Icelandair, Norwegian they're all infamous for nickel and diming. Even 'legacy' carriers like sk and ay started following that model.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by maverikbc
I don't think Scandinavians care for frills, wow, Icelandair, Norwegian they're all infamous for nickel and diming. Even 'legacy' carriers like sk and ay started following that model.
Exactly. Incomes may be high, but ostentatiousness is low.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
Seems wide open for next year: https://goo.gl/flights/VhPD
many thanks for the link, appreciated
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
CDG rarely comes up on the radar for good J deals; neither does AMS..
We did have some excellent deals from AMS and CDG however, until a couple of months ago, I did AMS-DOH-BKK on QR twice for 1300-ish, and I flew CDG to HNL on AA for just a little over 1400 euros exactly one year ago (purchased in summer 2016)

But indeed somehow it's all Scandi-cities during the last couple of months.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
True, there is nearly always a €1300-ish Oneworld fare from AMS to BKK, but you can almost always fly from anywhere in Europe for within a couple of hundred Euros of that fare, so I consider that almost "normal" these days

The last time I paid €1300-ish to Qatar, it was for a ticket from Oslo to Auckland. ^
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've seen QR Posts on Social Media offering up to 15% by using the promo code - QRSOCIAL17 - Am using this code but not having much luck!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:18 am

These prices are not as good as their 20th anniversary sale. Pass.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fontana
I've seen QR Posts on Social Media offering up to 15% by using the promo code - QRSOCIAL17 - Am using this code but not having much luck!
The keywords being "up to". Somewhat annoying IMO since you have to try once without the code and once with it.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The keywords being "up to". Somewhat annoying IMO since you have to try once without the code and once with it.
I exactly did that for ARN - AKL Route & when I put the promo code in, the price went up! Go figure!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
ARN/OSL aren't the easiest to position to
I'm seeing plenty of good posioning flights to ARN/OSL/CPH. AY is reasonable from Asia, even TG has a PE fare that books into J from KUL. And from the US, Norwegian has a Black Friday sale (about 20% off,) on their PE nonstop JFK-ARN that I was tempted to get, as I was dreaming of some MR's from ARN for the new year's requalification. Also, AY, AA, and BA were all reasonable from any number of US locations. Even BA's PHX-LHR-ARN was under $500 RT.

I've seen the BKK fares going up since I moved here, and you have to be quick to jump on the deals like the QR BKK-DOH-LAX RT for $1500 this year.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
I'm seeing plenty of good posioning flights to ARN/OSL/CPH. AY is reasonable from Asia, even TG has a PE fare that books into J from KUL. And from the US, Norwegian has a Black Friday sale (about 20% off,) on their PE nonstop JFK-ARN that I was tempted to get, as I was dreaming of some MR's from ARN for the new year's requalification. Also, AY, AA, and BA were all reasonable from any number of US locations. Even BA's PHX-LHR-ARN was under $500 RT.

I've seen the BKK fares going up since I moved here, and you have to be quick to jump on the deals like the QR BKK-DOH-LAX RT for $1500 this year.
Not to go too far off topic but any further information on the "even TG has a PE fare that books into J from KUL" fare?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fontana
Funny how adding that "promo" code to TUN-DOH-LAX raises the price by roughly 10%...
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:53 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by nikib
Not to go too far off topic but any further information on the "even TG has a PE fare that books into J from KUL" fare?
Sure, on TG's website, book KUL-ARN select the PE column ("Premium-ECO Plus") and it comes up in "PE" for about US$1800 RT. There is no separate PE yet on TG's 777-300W (the 773 doesn't show those rows on seat guru,) so it seats you in business on the long haul in rows 18-22, economy on the KUL-BKK-KUL segments. It's a U fare so OZ says it's economy and UAMP says PE. Not sure about the mileage earning otherwise, but a decent enough fare for business seat to Europe, unless you can hit one of the sales on the other carriers.

Last edited by rbAA; Nov 25, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.