Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie EWR CDG RT $1,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Buy by Tuesday Nov 21. Many dates available for now.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by af fp
Buy by Tuesday Nov 21. Many dates available for now.
Thank you very much, great deal

Also work CDG-EWR at EURO 1000

So la compagnie : no miles / points / connections possible ?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Plat
how's their business product?

Last edited by UA0Flyer; Nov 17, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No useful miles anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
hopefully BA picks up on this and it triggers the discounts for spring/summer we have seen the last few years. (crosses fingers)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

They have their own frequent flier program but are not in any alliance and I am not aware of any partner apart from XL Airways (low cost long haul). You get 1 to 5 points per flight (those return Promo tickets get 1 point each way, 2 points total) and need at least 15 points for one free XL flight (tight coach) or 20 for one free La Compagnie flight. With 5 points you can change a ticket or bring extra luggage.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
One should note that, at this time, La Compagnie does not offer a real Business Class service, but a (rather good) hybrid between Premium Economy and Business. This will change, however, when the new owners {The Moulin family, of Galeries Lafayette fame) refurbish the planes and improve both hard and soft product. One thing which will not change in the foreseeable future is that La Companie operates only TWO 757s and that any flight irregularity cascades down the following schedules at full speed, with delays and cancellations. They have tried to make contigency plans with their competitors for when this happens but the other airlines are not in the mood. This being said, they provide an infinitely better service than British Airways' shameful "Openskies" which started with the same model as "L'Avion" and has gone downhill ever since.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a real business class service with lounge access and all. It just has angled flat beds not full flat. For some (including myself) that's totally fine, especially at this price (and even the more typical $1500 r/t fare., and more so if you're flying with a companion.

Their reliability looked pretty decent last I checked before my husband flew them in september. As they have 2 planes on one route I assume they can normally re-accommodate on the other flight if something goes wrong; I don't think loads are so high.
SFOPeter likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I'd agree that for a relatively short trans-ocean hop (about seven hours) the fact that this isn't a full-flat, all-aisle-access offering isn't a deal-breaker. I haven't flown this airline, but did fly Norwegian's LGW-BOS premium economy/business class hybrid last year and it was fine. If you're prioritizing getting a few hours of sleep, then a lie-flat is definitely preferable. But beyond that, this La Compagnie deal sounds pretty sweet.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I flew with La Compagnie PMA on a couple occasions.

Comfortable planes, attentive service given the number of pax (around 80 full cabin ). Boarding is a breeze!!

seats are comfortable but not like flat as others said.

More like a real upgrade from PE AF
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I haven't flown this airline, but did fly Norwegian's LGW-BOS premium economy/business class hybrid last year and it was
Honestly the Norwegian PE seat is a whole level down. 46" of pitch and a standard cradle/recliner seat. La Compagnie seats have 62" of pitch and go nearly flat, at a slight angle. They're wider too. They're the business class seats of one generation ago. The Norwegian seats probably would never have really been considered business class (even 15-20 years ago you still got 50-55" of pitch).
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Managed to book at the far end of the flight schedule. Parts of October were open at Kayak and by phone although not bookable on the website. Although not as good as most business classes, it is still a nice product. In fact with only 19 rows, it almost has the feel of a private just. Boarding and disembarking is very fast. Really a very pleasant experience and at this price (although probably expired by now), it is a great deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.