Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA - Business - AMS -> BKK RT £1293 (Lots of dates)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Business - AMS -> BKK RT £1293 (Lots of dates)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by capin
1103 Euro
How so low?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
How so low?
Hotline.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by webstereo
If you do that, what would they do about tier points?
Dunno, I am hoping that I get the TPs for the 3 sectors I am going to fly.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by capin
Dunno, I am hoping that I get the TPs for the 3 sectors I am going to fly.
You will get the TPs for the sectors you fly. If you miss the final sector, you will not receive the respective TPs.

I hope you have not booked AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS, as the equipment on the longhauls is dreadful and the timings even worse.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by rossmacd
You will get the TPs for the sectors you fly. If you miss the final sector, you will not receive the respective TPs.

I hope you have not booked AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS, as the equipment on the longhauls is dreadful and the timings even worse.
Also worth noting that if the FTer has booked AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS, any checked bags will go all the way through to AMS.

M
rossmacd likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Also worth noting that if the FTer has booked AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS, any checked bags will go all the way through to AMS.

M
This one's easy to book the LHR-AMS the next day... however as these two gents have noted, I would route through KUL or SIN, good chance of getting a day with F reward space allowing a reasonable upgrade with Avios
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd

Thats exactly what I have booked

I have been on BA9 and 10 in all classes throughout the 742, 744 and 777 years and have witnessed the deterioration on this route. I try wherever possible to use the ME3, especially QR and my next 2 trips to BKK are booked with them. I am not looking forward to my BA CW trip but for 1100 Euro, I think the ticket is priced at about what it is worth so I will put on an eyemask and try and sleep through it.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
I booked AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR->LGW-AMS which I think will mean I collect my bags in LHR. I have a place just outside Bangkok so normally travel HBO although on next weeks trip I am taking a small TV for the bedroom with me.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This one's easy to book the LHR-AMS the next day... however as these two gents have noted, I would route through KUL or SIN, good chance of getting a day with F reward space allowing a reasonable upgrade with Avios
Worth a thought but I spent most of my Avios on a CX F ORD-HKG and then on in J HKG-BKK back in May, I also have had a gut full of messing about in SE Asian airports. Loved CX F.

Last edited by capin; Nov 9, 2017 at 11:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.