Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

It's back: QR ARN-AKL 2050 usd rt/ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's back: QR ARN-AKL 2050 usd rt/ai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by danere
It was worth a shot! Thanks for sharing the link anyway.

May I ask did you find out about that promo on this forum or somewhere else?
I booked my ticket via Expedia.. went to QR's website to manage my booking and saw the promotion on their start page.. so cancelled my booking with expedia and booked directly with the coupon.. At the end it was approximately 100 EUR saving (I'm booked on R but I on the way back).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Great fare, just too bad the long haul in on the crappy 2-2-2 J seats :/
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:59 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by ryan182
What do we know about the 777 Q-Suite rollout? Will that complete in 2017?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
What do we know about the 777 Q-Suite rollout? Will that complete in 2017?
There's some info about it in the QR forum. Best guess is 2018, with outside chance an A350 -1000 might pop up by the end of the year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...thread-12.html
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Crappy? I beg to differ... I find the seats very comfortable and I fly the 777 a few times a month... Have tried the A350 and B787, both great but I totally prefer the 777 seats on long haul.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Crappy? I beg to differ... I find the seats very comfortable and I fly the 777 a few times a month... Have tried the A350 and B787, both great but I totally prefer the 777 seats on long haul.
Sorry its 2017, any J seat that doesn't allow direct aisle access is in fact crappy.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:43 pm

The middle seats have direct isle access... I almost always choose 6F in the smaller rear cabin and love it. Also, because there isn't a foot cubby, you can stretch out as much as you want, unlike the newer seats.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Sorry its 2017, any J seat that doesn't allow direct aisle access is in fact crappy.
That's a terribly narrow view on judging whether or not a J seat is crappy.

I've flown QR's 777 a couple of times this year. For me the 777 seats provided a more enjoyable experience than their A350 seats. There is a lot more space around your feet. I found the 777 seat to be more comfortable for sleeping in. You have an easier view of the outside if you are on the window side. As for aisle access, since there is so much more space, most people sitting on the aisle side will not fill the space even when they are lying down. You can easily get to the aisle without any acrobatic hops if you are on the windows side.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by muishkin
That's a terribly narrow view on judging whether or not a J seat is crappy.

I've flown QR's 777 a couple of times this year. For me the 777 seats provided a more enjoyable experience than their A350 seats. There is a lot more space around your feet. I found the 777 seat to be more comfortable for sleeping in. You have an easier view of the outside if you are on the window side. As for aisle access, since there is so much more space, most people sitting on the aisle side will not fill the space even when they are lying down. You can easily get to the aisle without any acrobatic hops if you are on the windows side.
I completely agree.. where most airlines arrange their seats on a 2-3-2 configuration, QR has a 2-2-2- seat arrangement. If you're traveling by yourself choose a middle seat. By all means one of the widest and most comfortable seats on a 777.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Having just arrived in AKL on QRs 777 having traveled in seat 2A it's perfectly possible to escape from the window seat without disturbing the passenger in 2B whether you know the passenger next to you or not.

As you take off and land in darkness and the shutters are down for most of the flight to AKL there is not reason to opt for the window seat.

QR Service in J is excellent as usual, the crew could not really be faulted.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Is this possible the other way around departing from AKL?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by SCLflyer

I completely agree.. where most airlines arrange their seats on a 2-3-2 configuration, QR has a 2-2-2- seat arrangement. If you're traveling by yourself choose a middle seat. By all means one of the widest and most comfortable seats on a 777.
At the risk of turning a premium fare thread into a thread about seat quality I'm another fan of QR's 777 J seats. As others have said if direct aisle access, without the possibility of being disturbed by someone clambering over you, is an issue simply choose one of the middle two seats. 'Crappy' seat issue solved.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Rebound
Is this possible the other way around departing from AKL?
No
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet
Having just arrived in AKL on QRs 777 having traveled in seat 2A it's perfectly possible to escape from the window seat without disturbing the passenger in 2B whether you know the passenger next to you or not.

As you take off and land in darkness and the shutters are down for most of the flight to AKL there is not reason to opt for the window seat.

QR Service in J is excellent as usual, the crew could not really be faulted.
Were you on the 6th April departure?

And I can also recommend the 777 seat. Sure, it's not as shiny or sparkly as the seat on the B787, A350, A380 etc but having come off the 777 and onto the 787, I really noticed the extra room to sleep on the 777.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
At the risk of turning a premium fare thread into a thread about seat quality I'm another fan of QR's 777 J seats. As others have said if direct aisle access, without the possibility of being disturbed by someone clambering over you, is an issue simply choose one of the middle two seats. 'Crappy' seat issue solved.
I totally agree. It's so, so far from a crappy J seat, especially if you're on the taller side. SO much more room to twist and turn on the 777 and really, the Qatar Oryx One system is solid on all aircraft. I think it's the best sleep quality on any of QR's fleet, which comes in handy on an 18 hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.